Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    OK it won't be Harley Quinn or Cyborg because they're too popular and King likes writing Booster Gold. That leaves Kyle, Roy and Tim left and Tim has already had a fake death so I think it's less likely to be him. There would be a massive backlash for killing Kyle so my prediction is Roy Harper.
    Isn't Green Arrow tying in? Yeah Roy is as good as dead. Kyle might die too though.

Yeah, it'll be Roy. Causing Ollie to be devastated and out for justice. And no I don't consider it a coincidence that this sounds a whole lot like Cry For Justice. Here's hoping the whole thing is just handled....waaaay better. It'll also probably contribute to the new direction for Jason in Red Hood. I can also easily imagine a throwdown where Ollie goes after Wally, convinced he's the killer (as most everyone will be in the latter stages of the story), prompting Barry to protect him, so GA and Flash go at it, then prompting Hal to then get in the middle. Ollie wants to know how Barry could protect a killer, Barry shoots back that he's his nephew and he loves him, Hal tries to broker peace trying to compare the situation to how Ollie would try to defend Hal's own legacy back when everyone thought he was a killer....it kinda writes itself.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-09-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I really hope the death(s) don’t last that long and that whoever the killer is will either turn out to be a villain or somehow not ruined the way Jean Loring was. I absolutely hate the idea of stunt deaths and turning a hero into a mass murderer.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

If it is Roy, they could be planning to use it as an eventual springboard to bring him back with Lian. So maybe something positive could come out of it all. I mean, we know he'll be resurrected, that's just ingrained in comics at this point. Might as well bring back a loved one with him, one who was killed off in a wholly distasteful time for the industry.

In fact, if I may continue to theorize, they could set it up at Roy's death scene. Having him clinging to life when he's found by Ollie, him trying to choke out not to blame Wally, knowing in his final moments that he didn't do it but that everyone will think he did (btw, my reasoning for this is that I believe the killer to be Hunter in disguise), but before he can get it out, he's distracted by something else; his eyes go wide, he says "Lian?" then he dies. Leaving everyone confused at what he meant as they would have no memory of her, and putting a pin in a plot point for the later Crisis.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-09-2018 at 01:05 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Wonder what's the odds that at least one of the people whose supposed to die ends up being brought back by the end of the event

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Isn't Green Arrow tying in? Yeah Roy is as good as dead. Kyle might die too though.
    Kyle was going to be my other guess as 2 heroes are supposed to die in this event. Really not looking forward to this.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ryan Sook's variant cover...

Once again DC falls back on the overrated importance of The Death of Superman to contextualise another story.

Once again DC falls back on the overrated importance of The Death of Superman to contextualise another story.
    If Superman is a client of Sanctuary, as well as a founder, then it makes perfect sense that his file would have information on his death. Why does everyone hate this story so much? Lol Is it because its the highest selling graphic novel of all time, so it's cool to just hate on it? Obviously it has its fans.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Kon93

I freaking love everything about the story, haters gonna hate.

Btw on other pages of that preview they have the actual date, as in year of his death, I'm not sure if that's smart in the DCU where time is either slowed, screwed with, or ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    If Superman is a client of Sanctuary, as well as a founder, then it makes perfect sense that his file would have information on his death. Why does everyone hate this story so much? Lol Is it because its the highest selling graphic novel of all time, so it's cool to just hate on it? Obviously it has its fans.
    I don't hate it, I love the Funeral for a Friend stuff. It's just DC overuse the importance of Superman's death as if it's the sole defining thing about the modern era of Superman comics which is annoying personally.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It's just a variant, I wouldn't be so worried.

I don't hate it, I love the Funeral for a Friend stuff. It's just DC overuse the importance of Superman's death as if it's the sole defining thing about the modern era of Superman comics which is annoying personally.
    Few comics stories break through from fandom into the general public consciousness...very few. Some would say All Star Superman is the defining modern story, but I would bet we'd be hard pressed to find a random person on the street who's heard of it. But The Death of Superman? Most wouldn't have a single clue about what happens in it, but they'd know of it. It's an extremely defining moment (which is why it's received a film adaptation & 3 animated adaptations, if you include the JL cartoon).

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I freaking love everything about the story, haters gonna hate.

Btw on other pages of that preview they have the actual date, as in year of his death, I'm not sure if that's smart in the DCU where time is either slowed, screwed with, or ignored
    *High-five* Death/Funeral/Return is my favorite comic arc of all time. I imagine that must be a completely different experience if someone read it after the fact.