Default Strongest Live-Action TV Characters that BatBale can Defeat?

So, let's say that BatBale is anxious to get back into the action but can't really invade cinema because BatFleck is already there. BatBale turns to the world of television for his fights. Only live-action shows will count (though BatBale is welcome to fight animated or CGI characters, provided that the primary settings of their TV shows are live-action, i.e. Son of Zorn is allowable).

In both scenarios, BatBale has his standard gear and resources (Batcave, Batmobile, Batwealth, Alfred, and Lucius. No Gordon, Selina, or Joseph Gordon-Leavitt). BatBale is also in his prime.

Scenario 1: Straight up combat on the show's home turf.

Scenario 2: BatBale gets a month of prep time, with his base of operations in whatever home town the TV show is in.

Probably most CW heroes will take him: Supergirl, J'onzz, Flash, even Vibe!

Maybe Arrow is the max!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-13-2018 at 05:39 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Probably most CW heroes will take him: Supergirl, J'onzz, Flash, even Vibe!

Maybe Arrow is the max!
    I'd say Arrow's sidekicks are probably the best he could handle.

I don't really remember batbale doing anything particularly impressive in combat that suggests he could toe to toe with most live action superheroes tbh

Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    I don't really remember batbale doing anything particularly impressive in combat that suggests he could toe to toe with most live action superheroes tbh
    Probably to make it more in line with the realism-aspect that Nolan was going for. The Keaton/Kilmer movies have more impressive feats despite being older movies because they're more stylized and fantasy-based. BatFleck would likely pummel BatBale into the ground for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Probably to make it more in line with the realism-aspect that Nolan was going for. The Keaton/Kilmer movies have more impressive feats despite being older movies because they're more stylized and fantasy-based. BatFleck would likely pummel BatBale into the ground for the same reason.
    BaleBat was holding Ra's Al Ghul with one hand in snow from a cliff in Batman Begins. He saved himself and Rachel from falling down a building by barely activating his glider which should've really killed them in The Dark Knight. He was cracking bricks with that magic knee-pad-thingy-my-vocabulary-sucks in The Dark Knight Rises. Bane was smashing that pillar.

Nolan's fight choreography sucked. Realism? Eh.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 06-14-2018 at 09:46 AM. Reason: wrote Bale instead of Bane

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    BaleBat was holding Ra's Al Ghul with one hand in snow from a cliff in Batman Begins. He saved himself and Rachel from falling down a building by barely activating his glider which should've really killed them in The Dark Knight. He was cracking bricks with that magic knee-pad-thingy-my-vocabulary-sucks in The Dark Knight Rises. Bale was smashing that pillar.

Nolan's fight choreography sucked. Realism? Eh.
    As impressive as that is, that's nothing compared to Keaton -- pulling chunks of concrete, leg-throwing the Joker's toughest henchman, tossing the Penguin's heaviest clown, even punching through his own explosion-proof Batmobile.

And that's on top of surviving the Batwing crash, getting tossed through walls, and repeatedly falling over cliffs (for some reason) in Batman Returns.

I'm not saying BatBale is totally realistic. Of course not. But it's certainly on a lower level than the earlier Batmen, and even the Arrow's street-level supporting cast, as pointed in the thread. Nolan was aiming for a much more grounded Batman than most others -- it's good for stories but not really for feats. The very fact that Bale needed a device to kick that wall (and never use it ever again, despite it being very helpful against someone like Bane) is a good indicator of how BatBale by himself doesn't compare much to the other Batmen.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-14-2018 at 09:47 AM.

As impressive as that is, that's nothing compared to Keaton -- pulling chunks of concrete, leg-throwing the Joker's toughest henchman, tossing the Penguin's heaviest clown, even punching through his own explosion-proof Batmobile.

And that's on top of surviving the Batwing crash, getting tossed through walls, and repeatedly falling over cliffs (for some reason) in Batman Returns.

I'm not saying BatBale is totally realistic. Of course not. But it's certainly on a lower level than the earlier Batmen, and even the Arrow's street-level supporting cast, as pointed in the thread. Nolan was aiming for a much more grounded Batman than most others -- it's good for stories but not really for feats. The very fact that Bale needed a device to kick that wall (and never use it ever again, despite it being very helpful against someone like Bane) is a good indicator of how BatBale by himself doesn't compare much to the other Batmen.
    I was just pointing out that there was some really silly stuff in Nolan's trilogy for all the talk of realism.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I was just pointing out that there was some really silly stuff in Nolan's trilogy for all the talk of realism.
    Compared to the earlier Batmovies like the Joker bath, missile-toting penguins, Selina literally having nine-lives, the T-1000 cape, technological telepathy, Bat-skates, and skydiving on a snowboard with no chute, BatBale is almost non-fiction.

Compared to the earlier Batmovies like the Joker bath, missile-toting penguins, Selina literally having nine-lives, the T-1000 cape, technological telepathy, Bat-skates, and skydiving on a snowboard with no chute, BatBale is almost non-fiction.
    I don't think he's comparing them. He's talking about BaleBat vs the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I don't think he's comparing them. He's talking about BaleBat vs the real world.
    And my original point before him was that BatBale is closer to the real world than most other live-action superheroes, for all the good and bad that it brings to a Rumbles thread. It's not totally realistic (as I said above), but it certainly delves much more into realism than something like the Arrowverse or the DCEU.

Realism in fiction doesn't have to be a 1-on-1 match if it's taken into a certain context (realism in comparison to other fiction can be relative), but the Nolanverse definitely doesn't deal with a lot of the sci-fi/fantasy aspects that most other live-action superheroes have to deal with (and what they're equipped with in order to deal with them). Nolan's approach is certainly more grounded than most. It's definitely more grounded in its approach since it's not dealing with all that. And I'm using the previous Batmen to illustrate that the Nolanverse hedges closer to real world capabilities and limitations than others -- even the memory cloth cape has some basis in technological reality even if we're not really there yet, unlike BatKilmer's T-1000 cape or the frictionless suits of the CW Flash, both of which are wayyy more impossible right now.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-14-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Remember that the op said this included his vehicles too. That should significantly increase the max level that he could operate at.

And my original point before him was that BatBale is closer to the real world than most other live-action superheroes, for all the good and bad that it brings to a Rumbles thread. It's not totally realistic (as I said above), but it certainly delves much more into realism than something like the Arrowverse or the DCEU.

Realism in fiction doesn't have to be a 1-on-1 match if it's taken into a certain context (realism in comparison to other fiction can be relative), but the Nolanverse definitely doesn't deal with a lot of the sci-fi/fantasy aspects that most other live-action superheroes have to deal with (and what they're equipped with in order to deal with them). Nolan's approach is certainly more grounded than most. It's definitely more grounded in its approach since it's not dealing with all that. And I'm using the previous Batmen to illustrate that the Nolanverse hedges closer to real world capabilities and limitations than others -- even the memory cloth cape has some basis in technological reality even if we're not really there yet, unlike BatKilmer's T-1000 cape or the frictionless suits of the CW Flash, both of which are wayyy more impossible right now.
    I think we're arguing about the same thing. Basically, Nolan Batman is closer to the real world than the others.

So the answer is Adam West Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    So the answer is Adam West Batman
    Adam West Batman would own Bale Batman with one word balloon forming hit.