Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The characther or the writter?.
    The writer. Sina.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If Iceman can get another solo, then there's no reason they cant give Jean Grey another solo, but starring the older version
    If Iceman and Wasp can get another solo, there’s literally no reason any book can’t be relaunched.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    If Iceman and Wasp can get another solo, there’s literally no reason any book can’t be relaunched.
    A lot depends on WHY it is. IE the previously-speculated trade or digital sales.

I don't see why Sina needs to learn anything from his previous run, i felt as though it was a great book that showed queer individuals in a positive and accurate light, i thinks that's why I'm so ride or die with this book, the characterization of characters was spotty at times but considering the context it was understandable. I can see why people were put off on this book though, i just hope the second time around it catches a larger audience. Also how am i just now seeing Bishop is in this!! I wonder what his role is going to be in this book tbh
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

YASSSSS Ice Queen!!!! Best news and perfect time considering pride month

If they were going to relaunch Iceman I would have preferred a new writer.

Even thought Sina Grace gay himself I thought he wrote a bad gay Iceman. He's is in his late 20s hadn't come out, first time he slept with a man should have been a bigger deal.

With Bishop along for the ride? Interesting.
    I hope the Morlock symbolism of 'hiding from the hateful world because of what we are' doesn't get handled too heavy handedly.
    I admit to a mild cackle when Grace described the artist as 'so gosh-darned versatile' and said he was 'vibing super hard' with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Strain responded to me. Gen X isn’t likely coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Strain responded to me. Gen X isn’t likely coming back.
    That's not too surprising. It was a great title though.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Okay and? This is a business, not a charity. The book did not sell and unless there’s some change likely won’t again. To just do the same thing that didn’t work is insanity
    Diamond numbers don't tell the whole story. It's like looking through a keyhole and thinking you're getting the whole picture.

Marvel is well aware that they're a business, not a charity. So if they're choosing to relaunch a book, they have a sound reason for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Awful news. I hate his Bobby
    Same same but different

This is absolutely insane and proves that Marvel cares nothing of profit anymore. This book sold horribly and it’s main character did not resemble Bobby Drake in the slightest. It was ridiculously disrespectful for Bendis to randomly change his sexual orientation in the first place, and the subsequent series was horribly written and made him into a gay caracture. Grace’s Iceman is essentials Will Truman if he were a psychopath. This book will do nothing but further assassinate what little is left of Bobby’s character. And to those who take issue with what I’m saying, I’d be perfectly fine with a Northstar solo. I’d buy it if it was good, too. Because unlike Iceman, Northstar was created gay. And I’m sure you’ll all agree that sexual orientation is an immutable part of who a person is, so changing it makes them a completely different character. I’m sure I’ll get pushback, but I contend that the few fans of current iteration of Bobby Drake cared little of him before. If they did, they would also be bothered at the change of an integral aspect of who a person is. If they were to randomly take Nightcrawler and make him human-looking and American with a different powers and pretended he was always that way, he would no longer be the same character and would be disrespectful to those who created him.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I'd buy 10 copies of the first issue if I could.

Ultimate Member

Alright so let me get this straight, 2 books that had terrible sales are being relaunched with the same writer yet numerous other books that sold much better than the two but were still canceled remain gone. Alright if we can get that, where’s the continuation of Web Warriors, Silk and Kaine’s Scarlet Spider? Hell Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider better be immortal then.

It’s a business. Sales are kinda important and by the end of its life, barely anyone was reading the book.
    Looking on Amazon super hero trade sales

Iceman volume 1
    #278 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #552 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    Digital number for Kindle
    #88 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > LGBT
    #111 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels
    #128 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > LGBT

Iceman volume 2
    #155 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #300 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    Digital under Kindle
    #39 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > LGBT
    #51 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels
    #69 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > LGBT

He is the ONLY Marvel book listed for Kindle books. DC has two (Midnighter). Looking at those numbers I can see why he gets another shot.

Compared to

Scarlet Spider 1
    Digital Kindle and paperback
    #273 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Fantasy
    #686 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #766 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Fantasy
    #1055 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #2356 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    volume 2
    #770 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Fantasy
    #2215 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Fantasy
    #2317 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #2802 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > Marvel
    #6566 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes

Iceman beats Ben Riley.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This is absolutely insane and proves that Marvel cares nothing of profit anymore. This book sold horribly and it’s main character did not resemble Bobby Drake in the slightest. It was ridiculously disrespectful for Bendis to randomly change his sexual orientation in the first place, and the subsequent series was horribly written and made him into a gay caracture. Grace’s Iceman is essentials Will Truman if he were a psychopath. This book will do nothing but further assassinate what little is left of Bobby’s character. And to those who take issue with what I’m saying, I’d be perfectly fine with a Northstar solo. I’d buy it if it was good, too. Because unlike Iceman, Northstar was created gay. And I’m sure you’ll all agree that sexual orientation is an immutable part of who a person is, so changing it makes them a completely different character. I’m sure I’ll get pushback, but I contend that the few fans of current iteration of Bobby Drake cared little of him before. If they did, they would also be bothered at the change of an integral aspect of who a person is. If they were to randomly take Nightcrawler and make him human-looking and American with a different powers and pretended he was always that way, he would no longer be the same character and would be disrespectful to those who created him.
    I wasn't crazy about Sina Grace's Iceman run. It wasn't what I wanted but it was hardly terrible and had some good points.

What I still don't get even some people didn't see it, Iceman seemed super gay to me long before he came out. Like when I was reading back in the 90s. I knew. He just didn't know. That's a lot of people's experience with this character. I get you didn't see it that way, the subtext may not have been intentional but there was so much of it, it was no a random choice having him come out.

It was just badly done.