Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm disappointed in the art, though. I really didn't like Stockman's X-men Blue issue and it boggles my mind why they'd ditch his last costume for the most generic look ever. Kitty Pryde syndrome.
    I'm with you on this. X-Men Blue art quality for #29 was pretty poor and not to my taste at all. And yeah I don't see why they'd give him a such a dated and genric costume. Let Asrar, Wada or Anka design something fashionable for Bobby.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    ... I'm disappointed in the art, thought. I really didn't like Stockman's X-men Blue issue...
    Same-same, and now that I've made the connection, even moreso. Wasn't blown away at first, but eventually resigned myself to it. This new realization is hampering my enthusiasm now, tho. To be fair, looks like he took more pains here, with his early, Iceman promo work. Bobby deserves better...

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 06-14-2018 at 04:34 AM.

Fantastic Member

ill give this is a shot mainly because of bishop but i pray we get no inhuman trash in this book people dont want to believe it but that was one of the primary reasons the first voulme failed miserably

BANNED

Better art, to start. Wanna see him step-up, and take charge, it's time. Would like to see Archangel be a part of his recurring, support cast. An appearance or two by Polaris, would be nice, also. Would like to see him try & accomplish something, have goals, an objective. He's found himself, now it's time to do something with it.

Sina's last volume of Iceman had some missteps, but overall I thought it was a good story.

Hopefully he's learned and this next volume will be an improvement.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    IDK, seemed pretty honest & unassuming, with nothing pointed out sounding all that unreasonable. But take it for what it's worth, or don't, it's of no concern to me.

What are you implying?

Digital? Whatever their reasons, I'm sure they made the decision based off more information than we have, or can guess at accurately. What is clear is, that Diamond's #'s AND floppies themselves, are becoming less & less relevant. Ah, the curse of print, as it fades into yesteryear.

**** 'em, they're of lil' consequence. They're like so much gnats, just annoying, but ultimately negligible.
    ....one of the editors (Mark) said (via Twitter) it sold really well in trades. I'm not guessing. And did you just say sales are less important? Well I guess that is what it looks like. But I'm saying it might sell better and more efficiently if it were sold in larger portions. Perhaps a bimonthly (or more) 50+ pager.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-14-2018 at 05:43 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Midnighter is(was?) a Wildstorm character.

That bolded statement is slander.
    Slander is spoken, not written. You mean libel. And the statement does not qualify as libel either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Iceman gets a second series and Storm does not. I think that says it all.
    I guess it says Storm should officially come out too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ... I guess... it might sell better and more efficiently if it were sold in larger portions. Perhaps a bimonthly (or more) 50+ pager.
    We, don't have enough and/or the proper information available to us, to make that assertion. That was my point, that they must have valid, profitable, business reasons, to continue publishing & releasing it as a monthly first. Hence the digital w/the ?, as a possible motive for doing so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ... And did you just say sales are less important?...
    As the sole means of measuring success, is all. Much like TV series' RT viewing & its diminishing returns, vs. the upward trend of watching them delayed, and/or via streaming services. Like people's habits, things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    We, don't have enough and/or the proper information available to us, to make that assertion. That was my point, that they must have valid, profitable, business reasons, to continue publishing & releasing it as a monthly first. Hence the digital w/the ?, as a possible motive for doing so.
    My guess is that if they have a book that's performing significantly better in trade than in singles, it's still worth it to put out the singles to help offset the production costs. Shops are still going to order some issues, plus there are those who read month-by-month digitally. So you still get your primary revenue stream from the trade-waiting audience, plus whatever extra comes from the singles, minus printing costs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    My guess is that if they have a book that's performing significantly better in trade than in singles, it's still worth it to put out the singles to help offset the production costs. Shops are still going to order some issues, plus there are those who read month-by-month digitally. So you still get your primary revenue stream from the trade-waiting audience, plus whatever extra comes from the singles, minus printing costs.
    Sounds logical, so works for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Agreed. We need this to be a duo.
    Preview art from the first issue:

snlhero2_0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I don't see why Sina needs to learn anything from his previous run, i felt as though it was a great book that showed queer individuals in a positive and accurate light, i thinks that's why I'm so ride or die with this book, the characterization of characters was spotty at times but considering the context it was understandable. I can see why people were put off on this book though, i just hope the second time around it catches a larger audience. Also how am i just now seeing Bishop is in this!! I wonder what his role is going to be in this book tbh
    because it was a book about relationships and dating with moments of superhero sprinkled here and there....it really wasn't a superhero book at all. It was a book about coming out. Sina put too much of himself and his own experiences in the book without knowing or thinking enough about Bobby to make it a book about Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I guess it says Storm should officially come out too.
    The only ones who would buy it would be the All Goddess Acolytes and they'd bitch up and down about how inaccurate it was and how her hair SHOULD be

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Preview art from the first issue...
    Doubt it, nothin' ambiguous 'bout either, at this point.

I never saw Bobby as gay. Save your time and energy on trying to convince me otherwise on that subject. I also do not see them retconning the character back either.

For the series to succeed and not just assume people will buy it they need to give us a proper version of the character. Iceman was and is fun loving, comedic occasionally goofy and when the situation arose could be a serious character imo. The new series had the character and like too many other comic characters recently at Marvel come across as bitter, angry, terrible people you would not want to save their lives and whom the writer seemed so intent on spitting in the face of the word superhero it's no wonder it sold poorly and not many people were reading to keep the first run alive. With all due respect I want to read superheros not characters who are terrible human being and to me at least seemed written as one step removed from being villains. The can write good stories from now to the end of the world it won't sell well if the main character is unlikable imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.