Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Sina Grace's Iceman returns in September

Wait what??

I mean, I loved the series, but this really came out of nowhere
    Last edited by nandes; 06-13-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Awful news. I hate his Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Awful news. I hate his Bobby
    Same same but different

This is absolutely insane and proves that Marvel cares nothing of profit anymore. This book sold horribly and it’s main character did not resemble Bobby Drake in the slightest. It was ridiculously disrespectful for Bendis to randomly change his sexual orientation in the first place, and the subsequent series was horribly written and made him into a gay caracture. Grace’s Iceman is essentials Will Truman if he were a psychopath. This book will do nothing but further assassinate what little is left of Bobby’s character. And to those who take issue with what I’m saying, I’d be perfectly fine with a Northstar solo. I’d buy it if it was good, too. Because unlike Iceman, Northstar was created gay. And I’m sure you’ll all agree that sexual orientation is an immutable part of who a person is, so changing it makes them a completely different character. I’m sure I’ll get pushback, but I contend that the few fans of current iteration of Bobby Drake cared little of him before. If they did, they would also be bothered at the change of an integral aspect of who a person is. If they were to randomly take Nightcrawler and make him human-looking and American with a different powers and pretended he was always that way, he would no longer be the same character and would be disrespectful to those who created him.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I'd buy 10 copies of the first issue if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This is absolutely insane and proves that Marvel cares nothing of profit anymore. This book sold horribly and it’s main character did not resemble Bobby Drake in the slightest. It was ridiculously disrespectful for Bendis to randomly change his sexual orientation in the first place, and the subsequent series was horribly written and made him into a gay caracture. Grace’s Iceman is essentials Will Truman if he were a psychopath. This book will do nothing but further assassinate what little is left of Bobby’s character. And to those who take issue with what I’m saying, I’d be perfectly fine with a Northstar solo. I’d buy it if it was good, too. Because unlike Iceman, Northstar was created gay. And I’m sure you’ll all agree that sexual orientation is an immutable part of who a person is, so changing it makes them a completely different character. I’m sure I’ll get pushback, but I contend that the few fans of current iteration of Bobby Drake cared little of him before. If they did, they would also be bothered at the change of an integral aspect of who a person is. If they were to randomly take Nightcrawler and make him human-looking and American with a different powers and pretended he was always that way, he would no longer be the same character and would be disrespectful to those who created him.
    I wasn't crazy about Sina Grace's Iceman run. It wasn't what I wanted but it was hardly terrible and had some good points.

What I still don't get even some people didn't see it, Iceman seemed super gay to me long before he came out. Like when I was reading back in the 90s. I knew. He just didn't know. That's a lot of people's experience with this character. I get you didn't see it that way, the subtext may not have been intentional but there was so much of it, it was no a random choice having him come out.

It was just badly done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This is absolutely insane and proves that Marvel cares nothing of profit anymore.
    It definitely proves that fans who obsess over the Diamond figures every month don't know the actual workings of the industry at all.

I didn't care about this book when it came out and I don't care about it now but I'm happy for the fans who have an interest in it.

The first run must’ve done really well in trades, like Unstoppable Wasp. Glad that this is coming back, and with extra Bishop!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    The first run must’ve done really well in trades, like Unstoppable Wasp. Glad that this is coming back, and with extra Bishop!
    Only explanation I can think of considering the individual sales were anemic, to say the least.

What is going on?

First Unstoppable Wasp and now Iceman?

Soon they announce the return of GX .

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    What is going on?

First Unstoppable Wasp and now Iceman?

Soon they announce the return of GX .
    Fingers crossed
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Nice. That Forbes cover is awesome. Stockman's art seems much more expressive than the previous artists, so that's good, although I would still prefer someone like Camagni or Firmansyah. The article refers to it as an ongoing but Grace repeatedly calls it an arc, so I expect an initial five or six issues with sales determining whether there will be more.

I do wonder if this makes it less likely that Iceman will be appearing in any possible new team books with a rumored restructuring in late fall.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 06-13-2018 at 11:32 AM.

If this one fails will it get a third chance or will Marvel give other members of the X-men a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    It's nice to know that books are no longer so beholden to the direct market, it means that we can get more variety.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!