Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

100% less Kitty Pryde. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

If Daken's gonna show up, I just want to see his ass kicked from every angle. With not even a microscopic hint of romance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I just assume that they're probably going to try and hook him up with Daken again, despite how profoundly unhealthy that would be for all involved.

Would make it sort of funny for when Logan comes back.
    Iceman is going to call Wolvie 'father-in-law', I don't think so.

Daken was the one who caused the break-up of Iceman and his first date.
    Iceman hates Daken.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 06-13-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It was that after only a few months Sina Grace's Iceman previously cancelled on-going was being brought back for another volume.

https://www.cbr.com/iceman-sina-grace-ongoing-series/

Will this run survive past the original volumes 11 issues? Who knows. But what do you want to see happen that didn't in the first volume?

Here's Some of mine:

1) More Northstar, Cannonball, Beast.
    2) Team Up Issue with Spider-Man & Firestar
    3) Confrontations with Jean Grey and Emma Frost
    4) Queer Mutant Night Out with Northstar, Dazzler, Anole, Pixie, etc. (with cameos from Wiccan and Hulking)
    5) Team Up with Rogue over something with Mystique
    6) Team Up with Human Torch over something with Daken
    7) Turning the original Pyro into an arch nemesis (I don't know where to start with new Pyro lol)
    You just want a team book. It's a solo.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I don't understand why there is a need for a solo book when you can have characterisation in a team book led by Iceman too.

Why can't the team book talk about his gay life and only the solo book can?

Even a solo title needs a supporting cast.

Its cancellation.

Not at all. I want the series to have a long run with all those things happening; most of which could be a single issue... so 7 issues. Iceman is the POV and the only character in every issue that would make it a solo. Hama's Wolverine was pretty similar in that regard. Iceman's past is superhero life, so it makes sense for his supporting characters to be heroes we know. Coming out is big change; reconnecting him with these characters of major points in his past would pay tribute to continuity, give him a support cast of popular characters, and let Iceman reflect on his past to embrace his future.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Just good stories, don't really want him in a relationship rn I'd like to see him focus on himself.

More interactions with the younger generation of mutants

New costume

better antagonist

less Kitty
    Last edited by 9th.; 06-14-2018 at 01:46 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

This are good news!

Yay, what an unexpected surprise! So excited. Curious to see if Sina wants to write a more "reformed" Daken since he has expressed interest in developing a potential Bobby/Daken pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    See that the SJW conspiracy theorists have started venting on YouTube about the existence of something that wasn't even written for them in the first place. And so the cycle begins again.
    Those YouTubers moan and whine about "SJW Marvel" for a living. Best to ignore them or just enjoy their seething butthurtedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yay, what an unexpected surprise! So excited. Curious to see if Sina wants to write a more "reformed" Daken since he has expressed interest in developing a potential Bobby/Daken pairing.
    I dunno. These things get commissioned arc by arc, iirc, so I don't know if he'd have enough space to do that much rehab on a character who isn't the focus of the series. Though I guess the solution to that is to pre-order the hell out of the first (next?) trade so Marvel knows to keep going.

BANNED

A uniform better than the one they're going with. His younger counterpart has a better look right now tbh, and the one they're using for this feels outdated. Any ideas?

An insight into his teacher/mentor role, maybe an issue or two on a field trip with his students? We actually know very little about who's at the school and what the curriculum is now. Obviously being apart of the Institutes faculty, it's an important part of Bobby's life, and I'd like to see how it plays out.

Less goddamn Kitty Pryde. She's a bothersome Mary Sue. Besides, Bobby has plenty of other friends. Better quality ones too.

A road trip with Cannonball + Rogue. That'd be freaking great. Give them a classic car, some brutes to beat up and some great outfits to do it in. I love this trio so so much and this concept honestly couldn't get much better.

A decent antagonist. Empath? Regan & Martinique Wyngarde (the Masterminds)? Most of the iconic X-Villains are overdone and/or are being used elsewhere.

Northstar, Emma Frost, Lightning & Daken as guest-stars. I've got a few story reasons each could be brought in but I don't want to make my post too long.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 06-14-2018 at 03:02 AM.

It’s a pride month miracle! Can’t wait to start reading again

Nice to see this book back, but I have to wonder why they're relaunching two low-selling series in a row.
    I'm disappointed in the art, thought. I really didn't like Stockman's X-men Blue issue and it boggles my mind why they'd ditch his last costume for the most generic look ever. Kitty Pryde syndrome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Of all the people to cite with regard to the selling comics... Mags Visaggio. That’s like citing OJ’s advice on how to be a good husband.
    IDK, seemed pretty honest & unassuming, with nothing pointed out sounding all that unreasonable. But take it for what it's worth, or don't, it's of no concern to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    So they relaunched the series because the trade paperback sales was good?

What's the real reason?
    What are you implying?

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    If the return of the book is largely based on the strength of the trades, why not just do a series of Graphic Novels instead of another bout of monthly floppies? Fanbase seems to prefer longer form reading. I'd approach it that way.
    Digital? Whatever their reasons, I'm sure they made the decision based off more information than we have, or can guess at accurately. What is clear is, that Diamond's #'s AND floppies themselves, are becoming less & less relevant. Ah, the curse of print, as it fades into yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    See that the SJW conspiracy theorists have started venting on YouTube about the existence of something that wasn't even written for them in the first place. And so the cycle begins again.
    **** 'em, they're of lil' consequence. They're like so much gnats, just annoying, but ultimately negligible.