Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I think most fans would want sales comfortably above the cancellation line. The original run simply didn't sell, so why does Marvel think more of the same will sell more?

This makes part of me think that Marvel brought this book back as a publicity move. I'm glad for the book's fans, but I don't expect it to go past 7 issues.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

For the series to succeed and not just assume people will buy it they need to give us a proper version of the character. Iceman was and is fun loving, comedic occasionally goofy and when the situation arose could be a serious character imo. The new series had the character and like too many other comic characters recently at Marvel come across as bitter, angry, terrible people you would not want to save their lives and whom the writer seemed so intent on spitting in the face of the word superhero it's no wonder it sold poorly and not many people were reading to keep the first run alive. With all due respect I want to read superheros not characters who are terrible human being and to me at least seemed written as one step removed from being villains. The can write good stories from now to the end of the world it won't sell well if the main character is unlikable imo. I'm not saying make a perfect character yet I also don't want a character that feels, acts and behaves more like a villain and less like a superhero.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    All this !!!!1 I honestly don't know why Kitty is getting so much panel time, i would love to see other lgbt+ take up her panel time
    I appreciate their friendship, but I'm afraid Sina may be overvaluing it instead of touching on & developing other relationships that haven't been touched on ever since Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Most of this. I would like to see Bobby as a mentor to the elemental students (Idie, Match, Rockslide, Georgia Dakei).

Bobby's first Pride with the other LGBT+ mutants, maybe take the opportunity to properly out Rachel, Yana, Kitty, and Psylocke.

I know he's not very popular these days, and we might get this in the Astonishing annual, but we still haven't seen Bobby and Hank have any significant interaction since he came out.
    I hope this means we get more of Michaela (cause I miss her). His class should be:

-Decay
    -Oya
    -Crosta
    -Dust
    -Rockslide
    -Match
    -Flourish

But not so much focus that it turns into a stealth team book or stealth school book, but just enough that it realistically portrays Bobby in the role of a teacher.

Adult Jean, Mystique and Emma have the impression that it would be fun see them interacting with Bobby .

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I want to see it cancelled in less than 3 issues.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I dunno. These things get commissioned arc by arc, iirc, so I don't know if he'd have enough space to do that much rehab on a character who isn't the focus of the series. Though I guess the solution to that is to pre-order the hell out of the first (next?) trade so Marvel knows to keep going.
    I meant/thought Grace could pick up a more reformed Daken from after his stint on Laura's book. Grace clarified that his take on Daken in the first arc took place before the events in Laura's book, and the Bobby/Daken kiss that "froze" the Seed () was the beginning of the thaw in Daken's edge (...that also sounds like an innuendo).

But yeah, I encourage pre-ordering the hell out of this anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I never saw Bobby as gay. Save your time and energy on trying to convince me otherwise on that subject. I also do not see them retconning the character back either.
    Can I try, tho?

j/k

I honestly didn't see Bobby as super bitter or angry beyond his normal phases he goes through. He's a pretty hotheaded guy for someone with ice cold powers.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

So. Obviously Marvel's learned nothing from last year's failures.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

I want to see Mystique interact with Bobby again, after what Carey did with them.

I liked the story, but didn't care much for his Bobby voice. He went from a little awkward to flamboyantly "stereotypically" gay.. It was a little over the top for me

A book wins critical acclaims and nods, has several teenagers and closeted and proudly out individuals across the world writing in about how much it meant to them, possibly did good in digital and TPB sales.

And haters be like, "HOW DARE WE GET A FOLLOW-UP TO SOMETHING THAT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME?!"

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I guess it says Storm should officially come out too.

Off topic but agreed that Storm should have a solo series. She should have had a long running on-going by now.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Preview art from the first issue:

Attachment 67088
    HAHAHA Yes.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    So. Obviously Marvel's learned nothing from last year's failures.
    They haven't? I'm pretty sure there's ten or so other X-books starring almost nothing but straight white people.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

What do i wanna see? I wanna not see this book
    X-Men Forever