Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Herc being bi would be my dream but it isn't going to happen. It would be to good for this world and nobody deserves him.

also please don't make Iceman a homewrecker.

I want to see Herc here, he is the best bro that anyone can ask for .

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Herc being bi would be my dream but it isn't going to happen. It would be to good for this world and nobody deserves him.
    Also a potential movie property down the line, so I doubt they'll go there anyway. But I'd love to be surprised.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly, if Iceman does get with Daken, I just want everyone around them to wonder what the fuck Bobby is thinking and for it to be proven, once again, that Daken isn't someone you want to actually be in a relationship with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Daken is obviously his true love
    Bobby X Daken. A match made in someone's twisted heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Please god no.
    Oh come on. It isn't -that- bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'm hoping editorial gets a spine and lets Herc actually date guys.
    This would be pretty interesting, but I don't see him pairing with Bobby romantically. I know that's not what you meant but I just wanted to get ahead of that comment. However...

I want to see Herc here, he is the best bro that anyone can ask for .
    This would be pretty good. If anything because Bobby and Herc would make a good team up and Herc would be like the least judgmental wingman Bobby could ask for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Some one mentioned here that the last trade got 900 orders.I haven't seen anyone argue outside the numbers.
    I'm mostly staying out of this thread (and others) because of how pointless it is to deal with people who will never learn as they continue to spout toxic nonsense, but since you're misinformed and no one has given a proper response yet, I'll explain.

I'm not sure if that 900 number from Diamond is true as I haven't looked myself. However, even if it is, as many of the bigots on this forum choose to ignore, Diamond numbers are only estimates of books shipped in the direct market. Iceman (and Unstoppable Wasp) are being brought back because they did very well in trade sales outside of the direct market (Amazon, book stores, etc) and, like all numbers from every publisher, we do not have access to them.
    Last edited by Assam; 06-14-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Honestly, if Iceman does get with Daken, I just want everyone around them to wonder what the fuck Bobby is thinking and for it to be proven, once again, that Daken isn't someone you want to actually be in a relationship with.
    This is the most logical outcome that i can see coming from that scenary.

This is the most logical outcome that i can see coming from that scenary.
    For sure.

It would be a fun right, though. And after all, isn't that why we read comics? For the fun ride followed by a crash and burn?

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    For sure.

It would be a fun right, though. And after all, isn't that why we read comics? For the fun ride followed by a crash and burn?
    I suppose, for what people had told me Bobby always has been kind of irresponsable when it comes to life decissions, so maybe him walking into a toxic relationship without reaoizing might not be completly OCC. But for another side, Daken is such an "Obviously Evil" characther that i'm not sure if Bobby would be naive enougth to not see it coming.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-14-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Iceman needs Daken to shake up his basic life.

I suppose, for what people had told me Bobby always has been kind of irresponsable when it comes to life decissions, so maybe him walking into a toxic relationship without reaoizing might not be completly OCC. But for another side, Daken is such an "Obviously Evil" characther that i'm not sure if Bobbuly would be naive enougth to not see it coming.
    Bobby and bad decision making is about as hand to hand as Johnny and bad decision making. But I'd see this as more as an exploration of what Bobby is looking for in life. I suspect if he did enter this relationship he'd come out better understanding why it didn't and couldn't work and begin to seek something else entirely.

Bobby is finally dealing with a sexuality he had frozen deep inside himself. For a heroic narrative, he needs to build a friendship and relationship with someone who struggled with the same battle --but dealt with it by making bad, dangerous decisions.

If it were up to me, Bobby would reach out to Sunfire.

Shiro may have been forced to undergo violent conversion therapy, but I need to dig up LGBT history in Japan. In any case, Sunfire has never been shown to have much of a sexual or romantic nature... maybe because he "burned it out" of himself. Shiro is also at least 10 years older, so the writer can talk about generational divides between the men, and how that power dynamic affected what could've been a supporting friendship into a reason to not associate at all. I'd suggest that the two men even had a weird secret chemistry way back when Bobby was a kid, and even shared a drunken, passionate night together in an magical realm. I would build by digging up the past.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-14-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Im expecting it to happen but just as a one night stand.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Also a potential movie property down the line, so I doubt they'll go there anyway. But I'd love to be surprised.
    I feel like if Marvel didn't want to deal with the character's bisexuality, they probably shouldn't have chosen a mythical hero who has canonical relations with men. It'd be like building a comic or movie around Achilles and then insisting that he and Patroclus are just good friends.

I suppose, for what people had told me Bobby always has been kind of irresponsable when it comes to life decissions, so maybe him walking into a toxic relationship without reaoizing might not be completly OCC. But for another side, Daken is such an "Obviously Evil" characther that i'm not sure if Bobbuly would be naive enougth to not see it coming.
    I don't ship Bobby and Daken, but Bobby hooking up with obvious villains is definitely in character for him. Remember Infectia? Or Mystique?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I feel like if Marvel didn't want to deal with the character's bisexuality, they probably shouldn't have chosen a mythical hero who has canonical relations with men. It'd be like building a comic or movie around Achilles and then insisting that he and Patroclus are just good friends.

I don't ship Bobby and Daken, but Bobby hooking up with obvious villains is definitely in character for him. Remember Infectia? Or Mystique?
    I remember Mystique, that was weird, but if it happened more than once he probably should have learned his lesson already, maybe third time is the charm .