Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I didn't know I wanted this but... Iceman x Bishop! Although I kinda feel like he had a lot of sexual tension with Gambit, but Iceman is also fine. Lucas being hyper serious and Bobby cracking jokes about it
    Please deliver it Mr Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It's typically the opposite, with pros pointing out that the Diamond sales estimates are just estimates and not even a very accurate picture of direct market sales. Usually if companies are bringing up sales as a positive, it'll be something like "this book went back to print X many times" or something huge like a book getting over 500K in pre-orders, or even something as basic as saying "it sold better in trade/digital than in print." Not much in the way of specific numbers.
    This is familiar. I know I've heard writers talk about how Diamond can't be taken as gospel, but not necessarily use Diamond to point to their numbers.

But I definitely have heard them say, "Wow! Our book sold out and is going for a second/third printing!"

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Oh, I am so happy right now.

After such a crappy week over all, this is just the best news.

Just, gahhhhh, so good!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    So the question is, why would the comic companies celebrate these numbers and never show the true numbers?

Why keep that hidden? If the book is doing that well in those other places why even sell to comic stores where they get low orders?
    Is it to take up space in stores to keep appearances?
    First you have to ask why did this location get low number versus another one.

A good example would be Cyborg at DC.
    A store owner in Ireland said the reason he didn't order Cyborg's book was because books with POC generally sell poorly. There is no audience in his area for them.

Another one for me locally-Savage Dragon
    From issue 100-192 (when his son takes over) stores around here did not order the book. There was no demand for it until Malcolm Dragon took over. For most stores here all they need to do is order 2 issues and that's all that will sell.

Static (Static Shock) around here if he is in your book-it will sell out. It's hard to find back issues of ANY book he was in around here.

Batman & The Signal-Snyder said pre orders were higher than expect and we saw that mini with 62K and despite delays of 2 months finished with 32K. Even on Kindle it was a top 10 seller for at least 3 weeks after each issue came out.

And I think the real reason you don't see the true numbers is keep folks in the dark so orders for certain books don't get changed.

I mean if you saw Batman with 150k orders and the actual sold was 50K.
    Or Iceman #9 had 11,282 and 11,280 sold.

Someone will ask why order all those Batman books that don't sell and not increase orders for Iceman?
    Someone will say comic book stores are inflating numbers to keep certain books around.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Iceman and Wasp were the lowest selling books not backed by Scholastic and they gwt a relaunch from the same writers?

Definition of insnaity
    Ha right!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    you can buy a book without identifying with any of the characters and lol at the "how much it meant to them"...it had a good coming out issue, but it wasn't the best
    It did mean a lot to many folks though, if the Internet is anything to go by. Many of them seem to have discovered the book after the initial issues were released. So possibly Marvel is hoping to funnel that belated love into generating sales for the second volume (though I still think digital and TPB will always be this series' forte).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Oh, I am so happy right now.

After such a crappy week over all, this is just the best news.

Just, gahhhhh, so good!
    There's lots of negative response here but I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    For me, the annoying thing was the voice he wrote for Bobby sounded nothing like Bobby. He sounded overly flamboyant and it read more like a Will and Grace parody than anything superhero related. Just comparing young Bobby by anyone and adult Bobby here is like night and day.
    This was my biggest complaint as well. I had a few really good discussions about it in the Iceman Appreciation thread as well and it was really nice to be able to talk about it in a respectful manner. Bobby's been my favorite x man since I started getting into super heroes and I had developed a pretty solid idea of what he sounds like and his personality. Whoever Sina was writing in the last ongoing did not sound anything like the character I'd grown to know so well. I hope it's different this time around otherwise I won't be able to read it.

For me, the annoying thing was the voice he wrote for Bobby sounded nothing like Bobby. He sounded overly flamboyant and it read more like a Will and Grace parody than anything superhero related. Just comparing young Bobby by anyone and adult Bobby here is like night and day.
    show me one persin who's exactlylike they were when they were younger I'll show you a person with no personal growth
    Theonly thing this series has in common with W&G is the main dude is gay...the OG W&G was funny...where is Iceman' s Grace? His Jack or Karen? Overly flamboyant is a oxymoron but doesn't apply here. Unless you mean Bobby talking about his queerness is being flamboyant well that's cause he's
    GAY
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQr3KkJotgw

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    There's lots of negative response here but I agree with you
    Yup, most of it is just homophobes finding stuff to hide behind. I'm too busy being happy with the news to get dragged in to that
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yup, most of it is just homophobes finding stuff to hide behind. I'm too busy being happy with the news to get dragged in to that
    thats not fair and its not cool to just go around and label people homophobes

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I want to see Mystique interact with Bobby again, after what Carey did with them.
    Agreed and seconded. Iceman admitted though very grudgingly that she helped him in her own weird way.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-16-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    show me one persin who's exactlylike they were when they were younger I'll show you a person with no personal growth
    Theonly thing this series has in common with W&G is the main dude is gay...the OG W&G was funny...where is Iceman' s Grace? His Jack or Karen? Overly flamboyant is a oxymoron but doesn't apply here. Unless you mean Bobby talking about his queerness is being flamboyant well that's cause he's
    GAY
    Iceman is Jack..Emma is Karen

LOL most of us in this thread are gay men

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's what people do when they dont have anything constructive to add..."i dont want drama" and then start calling people names...in this case it's funny 'cause there are gay men who didnt like the first run.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Amen. I did not recognize a character I had know and liked would over 30 years! This book seriously lacked in fun and adventure -- two things I've long associated with the character. Instead of getting a comic about a superhero who happened to be gay, we got a comic about a gay guy who happened to be a superhero.
    Careful now we are not allowed to say we dislike the comic because we are bigots and homophobes apparently.

The comic was too dark, lacking in any fun and made the character out to be half a step removed from a villain imo. Have a flawed character can be interesting as a character with none is boring. Angry, too serious, acting almost like a villain and being written as the writer avatar not too exciting and is not what is going to make sales.

So if someone dislikes something you like that means they are racist, homophobe, misogynistic etc. You must be really fun at parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It's the new and in thing to do imo. If people have a different opinion they are not allowed and if they do they must be racist, homophobe, misogynistic etc. I got into a argument with some friends on Facebook over he elections of the Conservatives in Ontario and I took issue with them calling anyone who voted Conservative stupid. No matter what I said people who voted for a party other than my ex-friends were "stupid".

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's what people do when they dont have anything constructive to add..."i dont want drama" and then start calling people names...in this case it's funny 'cause there are gay men who didnt like the first run.
    The sad part WQEF with the above statement you have just become the enemy in their eyes with the above statement and possibly a homophobe as well even if you are gay. As that's how it works in our society now.
    Last edited by sureshot; 06-15-2018 at 06:35 AM.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

When did he say that?