Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

No more daken we've had enough. My main issue with iceman vol. 1 is that it started good but then the writing got bad and the conversations between characters just didn't feel organic or natural. Oh and now more kitty who's angry at bobby for not coming out directly to her and next moment she's the perfect ally™ and basically threw the first brick at stonewall.

No more daken we've had enough. My main issue with iceman vol. 1 is that it started good but then the writing got bad and the conversations between characters just didn't feel organic or natural. Oh and now more kitty who's angry at bobby for not coming out directly to her and next moment she's the perfect ally™ and basically threw the first brick at stonewall.

The first solo was all about him dealing with being gay and coming out, and that's fine as it needed to be done in a solo as it wouldn't get the time needed in a team book. But that can't be the story in this upcoming book, so I'm wondering what the hook is going to be.

I want this book to give Iceman a reason why he should operate alone, something that only he can do. Successful solo's give their characters specific themes and goals; Spider-man's is the everyman who tries to balance normal life and super-heroics, Tony Stark is the genius futurist always creating something new. Iceman needs something like that and a part of that is to not rely too much on X-Men villains and characters otherwise it would feel like the story should have been told in a main X-book. That was part of the reason why Storm's (2014) solo failed.

Also make him hook-up with Johnny Storm
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-23-2018 at 05:01 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    ... Human sexuality is complex just like human behavior and human thoughts. For me it is easy to explain away telepaths not outing Iceman.
    Pretty much this. Either you see the subteXt, or you don't. Even tho how it came to be, was probably by happenstance, for the most part. But insiders have copped to it, too, more or less. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been a running thing behind the scenes, all these years.

BANNED

Iceman is listed as a 5-issue miniseries on Comiclist: http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-06-27-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Iceman is listed as a 5-issue miniseries on Comiclist: http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/l...for-06-27-2018
    Probably for the best but Marvel said it was an ongoing. This is either incorrect or Marvel lied

It's only a mini? That's a shame

BANNED

The OP's link refers to it as an ongoing. Don't think it'd look all that good, if they pulled a sudden switcheroo.

BANNED

I trust Comiclist more than I trust Marvel marketing.

BANNED

Well, that's a bummer, then. Not surprising, tho, in these disorderly days. I mean, it's not like they've been runnin' a tight ship.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 06-25-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Well, that's a bummer, then. Not surprising, tho, in these disorderly days. I mean, it's not like they've been runnin' a tight ship.
    Have Grace or JDW confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    No more daken we've had enough.
    But WE want more! I think it's necessary to depict a full spectrum of LGBTQIA relationships in fiction, from the go to cookie cutter sweetness to exciting bordering on messiness. The same range of experiences offered to straight relationships in fiction. It just helps characters seem more human.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Have Grace or JDW confirmed?
    Sina had said something along the lines of "...if the sales are good, we will keep putting issues out".

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Well, that's a bummer, then.
    Lol how? Even if it's just 5 issues, that's still 5 issues more than what any of us had expected after the first volume ended.

New interview with Grace up at the New York Times.

What is next for Iceman?

I’m really excited that we’re coming back with a new No. 1. This is going to be a great way to invite readers to celebrate with us. Iceman is going to be thinking about how he can help other people and use his mutant power to be the best he can be. He’s going to be up against some pretty big bad guys. In the first issue he’s preventing the next “Mutant Massacre” with Bishop, another X-Man.

We’re also going to see a lot of the previous cast but played out in different ways. Bobby’s relationship with his parents will not be as fraught. He reached a level of peace that you can get to — even with parents like his. We’re going to see his dating life. It’s just going to be such a breath of fresh air to see him really stretch his arms out and have fun.

You mentioned there would be some community outreach too.

The reason I love X-Men books is that they speak so much to people who identify as other. We’re going to be seeing Bobby trying to figure out how he can be a shining beacon to the gay community. That’s where me and Bobby Drake are alike: How do you take this platform and try to do something meaningful? That’s something I want all readers to think about: How can you make a difference in your world?

That... seems a lot of plot for five issues. Think we're getting more.