Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Would anyone read a Cable vs Thanos story by Marvel ?

They're both major characters in certain events, they're both being portrayed by the same man, and they've both fought Deadpool. Would anyone read a Thanos vs Cable story by Marvel ?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

That feels like a relatively dumb mismatch, but anything is possible if the story is set up right and well-executed. Seems a bit much just for an in-joke. Maybe a one-off Deadpool issue, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That feels like a relatively dumb mismatch, but anything is possible if the story is set up right and well-executed. Seems a bit much just for an in-joke. Maybe a one-off Deadpool issue, though.
    Given Cable's time travel exploits he surely must have heard of Thanos in one way or another.

BANNED

Bumping this thread to put in the suggestion of Cable hunting for the Infinity Stone for Time. What if Cable had it and Thanos wanted it: Would that make a reason for them to fight ?

I imagine people who want to see Cable stomped hard.

I'd rather see Apocalypse get his rear stomped by Thanos

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

It'd be hilarious if Apocalypse killed Thanos in his future and they showed it like when Doom absolutely humiliated him in Secret Wars.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Ridiculous mismatches are kind of the thing to do in comics, though. I don't know if the current version of Thanos has any robotic implants, but if he does, maybe Cable still has enough of the T-virus running around in his system to exploit a vulnerability? He doesn't have to defeat Thanos in order for it to make for a good telling, though. I much prefer it when the laws of the universe hold and the really, really, REALLY powerful person beats the crap out of the lesser powered opponent, no matter how brilliant, experienced, tweaked and game said opponent is. It's amazing what the human mind can learn from even the most brutal of failures.

I think there was a story back in the 90's of Nate Grey (and the Hulk) fighting Thanos. I barely remember it though.

But that's sort of a proximation of Cable fighting Thanos. Though Nate is a lot more powerful most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    It'd be hilarious if Apocalypse killed Thanos in his future and they showed it like when Doom absolutely humiliated him in Secret Wars.
    not as funny as Apocalypse being torn in half by Magneto or Doom's loss to Ant-Man...

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-15-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this story has a lot of potential.

And Thanos going up against Apocalypse would be fun.

I'd settle for En Sabah Nur and Thanos simply having a chat. they have some stuff in common ex. being deformed from birth. they also share a tendency to form armies after separating the strong from the weak.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 06-15-2018 at 08:29 PM.

I don't follow either character, so I wouldn't buy it blind, but I'd give it a shot if the library had it.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Spectacular Member

If either or both of the characters' most recent writers were involved then sure! Cable had Zac Thompson/Lonnie Nadler (The Dregs). And Thanos had Donny Cates (God Country, Redneck, Babyteeth, Doctor Strange, Venom). Any of them would convince me to read it.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I'd settle for En Sabah Nur and Thanos simply having a chat. they have some stuff in common ex. being deformed from birth. they also share a tendency to form armies after separating the strong from the weak.

They were also each made fun of in their youth for their appearances. I feel like they would get along for a few minutes.