Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Got some feelings on this issue. Mostly positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Roz, what do you mean you had to sell the flying car to pay for rent? It was SHIELD tech and shouldn't be in public hands, so selling the car shouldn't have been an option for her.

The art was crap in places - especially on one page where Jane ends up looking like The Scream.
    Iran pays top dollar. That's how she got only two months of rent for a FLYING CAR. lol

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    LOL. What a backhanded way to say that you now find the writing sub par because you have become wiser.

For myself, I am far more demanding of comic writers now, knowing how good Simonson was then and remains.

Getting back to this issue, I agree that I was a bit disappointed we didn't learn more about the new hammers. I'm glad to see Roz back - hopefully the possibility of romance between her and Thor is not entirely dead in the water.

Speaking of which, I would have enjoyed seeing Namor have his Imperius Ass handed to him.

I think I prefer the rendering in the Avengers comic, without the helmet.

Thori is always good value
    Dwarves are creating them out of lesser Uru and Odin is enchanting them, which isn't enough for Thor's tremendous might and the Juggernaut's unbending invulnerability (except his teeth now?). That's pretty much the only backstory these hammers will ever get until the dwarves get enough uru to make another hammer to rival Mjolnir.

LOL. What a backhanded way to say that you now find the writing sub par because you have become wiser.
    Why don't we leave it up to me to describe what I actually mean? I didn't think it was sub par back then, so I wouldn't choose to use such a term at all.

Getting back to this issue, I agree that I was a bit disappointed we didn't learn more about the new hammers.
    I think some may have got overly focused on the solicit about hammers and didn't focus enough on the solicit for #2. The story was clearly never going to be about hammers. In the end they served purely as expoitory material. A way of demonstrating how Thor's new hammer works, what its strengths are and where its weakness lies. Now we know these things I don't expect a focus on yet more hammers, at least not for a while. Thor is probably not going back to his makeshift smith for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Dwarves are creating them out of lesser Uru and Odin is enchanting them, which isn't enough for Thor's tremendous might and the Juggernaut's unbending invulnerability (except his teeth now?). That's pretty much the only backstory these hammers will ever get until the dwarves get enough uru to make another hammer to rival Mjolnir.
    Pretty much. Especially as they are trying to forge them in Old Asgard, which is presumably only the second best place to try this.

Plus when we say Dwarves we pretty much mean the only guys they can muster, who are not the A-team when it comes to hammers.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-14-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Iran pays top dollar. That's how she got only two months of rent for a FLYING CAR. lol
    Besides, SHIELD is in the process of disbanding, so clearly Roz liberated some assets. There must be a growing black market for SHIELD kit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Why don't we leave it up to me to describe what I actually mean? I didn't think it was sub par back then, so I wouldn't choose to use such a term at all.

I think some may have got overly focused on the solicit about hammers and didn't focus enough on the solicit for #2. The story was clearly never going to be about hammers. In the end they served purely as expoitory material. A way of demonstrating how Thor's new hammer works, what its strengths are and where its weakness lies. Now we know these things I don't expect a focus on yet more hammers, at least not for a while. Thor is probably not going back to his makeshift smith for a while.

Pretty much. Especially as they are trying to forge them in Old Asgard, which is presumably only the second best place to try this.

Plus when we say Dwarves we pretty much mean the only guys they can muster, who are not the A-team when it comes to hammers.
    That's a good point. The dwarves they have are the dwarves who were stranded and cannot be "replenished" or new talent sought. Basically Thor is making due with what he has available to him.

I expect when the Bifrost is restored and/or Thor comes back from his journey with a new supply of super uru or just regular plain old pure uru (that takes to Odin's magic a LOT better), we will have a mini arc revolving around a new weapon for Thor.

Besides, SHIELD is in the process of disbanding, so clearly Roz liberated some assets. There must be a growing black market for SHIELD kit right now.
    There's really a mini in this that hasn't been exploited yet.

I expect when the Bifrost is restored and/or Thor comes back from his journey with a new supply of super uru or just regular plain old pure uru (that takes to Odin's magic a LOT better), we will have a mini arc revolving around a new weapon for Thor.
    Perhaps. I am going to cling to my time-loop theory that the hammers got mixed up in the future and when the universe dies King Thor's hammer will return to its rightful owner.

Perhaps. I am going to cling to my time-loop theory that the hammers got mixed up in the future and when the universe dies King Thor's hammer will return to its rightful owner.
    Well... I mean... If Mjolnir is really just sitting in the sun and the stars are starting to blink out...

Time for a universe starved Mangog to fight an old All-Father Thor with the might of Mjolnir back in his hand.

I can see Thor sending Mjolnir back in time to his younger self with a warning about.... Wait, he already has Mjolnir or something like it back.

Darn, well there goes my idea for it.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

But YOU never leave it up other people to decide what they themselves mean, seems hypocritical.
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 06-14-2018 at 10:40 AM.

"I'm the god of fucking Thunder."

"I'm the worst Thor ever."

The issue wasn't terrible but this still wasn't Thor.

You think some weapons like the gem of infinite SUNS would've been useful against Mangog. Why can't Odin just fix bifrost or teleport his armies? Forced tension is cheap and lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    You think some weapons like the gem of infinite SUNS would've been useful against Mangog. Why can't Odin just fix bifrost or teleport his armies? Forced tension is cheap and lazy.
    according to Aaron

Mangog > Celestials, Phoenix, Odin, Destroyer

Odin is low - mid tier God in Asgard.

pitiful.

"I'm the worst Thor ever."

The issue wasn't terrible but this still wasn't Thor.

Sending Mangog away has just never seemed to work.

But using some of Odin's arsenal might've been worthwhile. But once they do that it becomes a question of why haven't they ever done that and why not do it again?

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. The issue seemed to imply that the asgardians can't get to the other realm because the Bifrost was their only source of transportation.
    I find hard to believe that no one in Asgard can teleport, open a portal or use some magic artifact or weapon to do it. Even Odin?

Ultimate Member

You are stripping every ounce of context from a complicated story. If that is what you want to do fine, but you can't force that narrow perspective on others. Especially not Marvel or Aaron. From my perspective you are not only removing the context, you are entirely misrepresenting what actually happened and what the story was about. My reading of the story is based upon the overall arc. What Loki's plan was finally revealed to be and how it manifested in that individual issue. It takes into account what JitM was about, and how Ewing finished his story. You seem entirely focused on #10.

Stories are not reducible to incidents, and if one tries, one removes meaning. How can we possibly find any common ground when we are clearly reading comics entirely differently?

You will inevitably be disappointed because no other writer is going to readdress that story in the way you seem to want. They have no reason to. It is past. The story was told then and is over.
    I'm not stripping any context out of my description at all, I'm citing exact evidence that you're choosing to ignore, for the sake of your Draco In Leather pants fantasy.

Can you cite a single story that directly addresses the fate of Kid Loki that contradicts what I've been saying?

Or is all you have simple some open interpretation of the entire series, ignoring the details themselves?

When I read that I thought, "Frank Miller ("I'm the G*&$^#%@ Batman!") is that you?"

Ultimate Member

Getting back to the issue itself...damn.

It's pretty clear that Aaron either wants t write Hercules, or dislikes Thor.

In terms of internal logic, it seems odd that Odin simply hasn't bothered to enchant the axe that could kill Celestials with Thor's powers. In addition, it seems pretty dumb that Thor is keeping all those mystic weapons on a regular ol' boat. Even with a guard dog, that seems pretty dumb.

And in terms of mythos, Thor needs Odin's enchantments to fly and for lightning.

Aaron is the new Coates

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Getting back to the issue itself...damn.

It's pretty clear that Aaron either wants t write Hercules, or dislikes Thor.

In terms of internal logic, it seems odd that Odin simply hasn't bothered to enchant the axe that could kill Celestials with Thor's powers. In addition, it seems pretty dumb that Thor is keeping all those mystic weapons on a regular ol' boat. Even with a guard dog, that seems pretty dumb.

And in terms of mythos, Thor needs Odin's enchantments to fly and for lightning.

Aaron is the new Coates
    I don't think he needs the hammer for lightning, it's just Thor didn't really use it until he had the hammer to fight the Juggernaut since before he was just going to slay some cultists with Jarnbjorn. No lightning needed.

In regards to flight I've always viewed it a little differently. He's sort of needed Mjolnir to really get around, even though there's been a few instances of him manipulating wind ala Storm to attain lift. But it's generally seen that he flies via hammer.