Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    Sending Mangog away has just never seemed to work.

But using some of Odin's arsenal might've been worthwhile. But once they do that it becomes a question of why haven't they ever done that and why not do it again?
    Actually, in past stories they did turn their supposedly most powerful weapons on Mangog. Even in this story they tried The Destroyer which they specifically called out as their MOST powerful weapon. So the story didn’t ignore this element at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm not stripping any context out of my description at all, I'm citing exact evidence that you're choosing to ignore, for the sake of your Draco In Leather pants fantasy.

Can you cite a single story that directly addresses the fate of Kid Loki that contradicts what I've been saying?

Or is all you have simple some open interpretation of the entire series, ignoring the details themselves?
    I don’t know what you want from me. By my interpretation of the story their was no murder, and the scene that called it out as such was actually a key part of a plan that part of Loki was up to and was even called out in the narration at the time. When Loki decided to ‘tell the truth’ he did so by telling a story. The entire thrust of the narrative in that volume was that stories are a kind of lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. The issue seemed to imply that the asgardians can't get to the other realm because the Bifrost was their only source of transportation.
    I find hard to believe that no one in Asgard can teleport, open a portal or use some magic artifact or weapon to do it. Even Odin?
    Not quite. We see teleportation of a limited kind between Earth and Asgard. But it is specifically called out that travel to the other realms is the issue. Perhaps Old Asgard is actually in the Midgard realm at the moment, which is possible considering it is wherever Odinson put it in Unworthy Thor, or their is some other different reason for that ability.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 06-14-2018 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Correcting once I found my glasses. I’m old!

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. The issue seemed to imply that the asgardians can't get to the other realm because the Bifrost was their only source of transportation.
    I find hard to believe that no one in Asgard can teleport, open a portal or use some magic artifact or weapon to do it. Even Odin?
    First off, traveling between realms is not the same thing as simple teleportation. We are not talking about simply traveling over great distances, we are talking about traveling to other worlds existing in their own little pocket dimensions. It seems logical to me that it would be a lot more difficult to access them than simple teleportation would allow. If it was that simple to travel between realms, why would they even have the Bifrost in the first place? They've always used the Bifrost, why would it not be necessary now? While it may be true that a few of them may be able to travel between realms without it, like Loki, apparently. (Though I suspect he was actually remotely tapping into the Dark Bifrost) I really don't think it would be a simple matter in terms of Asgardians in general.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Actually, in past stories they did turn their supposedly most powerful weapons on Mangog. Even in this story they tried The Destroyer which they specifically called out as their MOST powerful weapon. So the story didn’t ignore this element at all.
    I meant in general to any sort of threat. Though I did forget about the Destroyer v Mangog.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Returning reader. I gave Jane's Run several tries, but couldn't get into it so took a break.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. For the most part the story was easy to follow. Only a few nitpicks

What I liked:

- Good amount of Action
    - Character Conflict
    - I like Thor being crippled like this. It makes his character more interesting. (Jane was far too 'perfect)
    - Character Appearances. Baldur, Loki, Odin, Freya, Jane, Ros, cosmic pets, and Juggernaught
    - Good baseline for the story set and the ending definitely will have me picking up the next issue
    - I always liked All-Father Thor and that was a good bonus story
    - Space Shark! Loved this idea!

What I didn't like
    - Jarnborne: This axe can slay celestials. Why is it looked as such a downgraded weapon?
    - Why did the gods move to the Bronx? Why not Iceland or Norway instead? I strongly prefer Viking/Norse ties to Thor.
    - Phoenix Wolverine? It was definitely a wtf moment but not a good wtf moment

Questions for a returning reader:

Mjolnir: So what happened to it? Its stuck in a star somewhere?
    The Bee: Ribic is one of my favorite artists so I pick up just about any cover he does. Is there any significance to Thor staring down the bee?
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-14-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage.Of.Olympus View Post
    You think some weapons like the gem of infinite SUNS would've been useful against Mangog. Why can't Odin just fix bifrost or teleport his armies? Forced tension is cheap and lazy.
    wait, now that you mention it, Mangog was killed by the Sun.

so Sun > Mangog

Mangog > Infinite Suns

Mangog > Phoenix

but meh, off topic.

no logic in his run.
    Last edited by GodThor; 06-14-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    First off, traveling between realms is not the same thing as simple teleportation. We are not talking about simply traveling over great distances, we are talking about traveling to other worlds existing in their own little pocket dimensions. It seems logical to me that it would be a lot more difficult to access them than simple teleportation would allow. If it was that simple to travel between realms, why would they even have the Bifrost in the first place? They've always used the Bifrost, why would it not be necessary now? While it may be true that a few of them may be able to travel between realms without it, like Loki, apparently. (Though I suspect he was actually remotely tapping into the Dark Bifrost) I really don't think it would be a simple matter in terms of Asgardians in general.
    Sif, for one, has always been able to travel between worlds, taking others if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Sif, for one, has always been able to travel between worlds, taking others if need be.
    Via her sword if I recall and they could probably fudge it if they wanted to by saying it was remotely accessing the Bifrost like Stormbreaker did in Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Returning reader. I gave Jane's Run several tries, but couldn't get into it so took a break.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. For the most part the story was easy to follow. Only a few nitpicks

What I liked:

- Good amount of Action
    - Character Conflict
    - I like Thor being crippled like this. It makes his character more interesting. (Jane was far too 'perfect)
    - Character Appearances. Baldur, Loki, Odin, Freya, Jane, Ros, cosmic pets, and Juggernaught
    - Good baseline for the story set and the ending definitely will have me picking up the next issue
    - I always liked All-Father Thor and that was a good bonus story
    - Space Shark! Loved this idea!

What I didn't like
    - Jarnborne: This axe can slay celestials. Why is it looked as such a downgraded weapon?
    - Why did the gods move to the Bronx? Why not Iceland or Norway instead? I strongly prefer Viking/Norse ties to Thor.
    - Phoenix Wolverine? It was definitely a wtf moment but not a good wtf moment

Questions for a returning reader:

Mjolnir: So what happened to it? Its stuck in a star somewhere?
    The Bee: Ribic is one of my favorite artists so I pick up just about any cover he does. Is there any significance to Thor staring down the bee?
    Because the Jarnbjorn is more or less a very simple and non-versatile weapon. It chops and that's it. It wasn't seen as downgraded, but it wasn't cutting down a domed and uncuttable Juggernaut. For that, Thor felt like he needed something with a little more impact. Not that those hammers did any better, and arguably worse. Escept for the last hammer I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Via her sword if I recall and they could probably fudge it if they wanted to by saying it was remotely accessing the Bifrost like Stormbreaker did in Infinity War.
    She sometimes used her sword, but the power was innate and she has used it without the sword.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Yeah, it's not like Sif has a sword that lets her teleport herself and others between the realms and that has previously been shown to work while the Bifrost was destroyed (of course that would require Aaron to have Sif be more than wallpaper). Or Thor could talk to Bill or Thundertrike and have them use there weapons to transport him between the Realms. Or track down Red Norvell's Crusher and use that since he isn't using it. Or Odin could remember that he has the goddamn Odinpower and enchant one of those new hammers to open portals. Or really any number of solutions if Aaron wasn't intent on writing everybody as morons.
    Last edited by Alpha to Omega; 06-14-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Getting back to the issue itself...damn. It's pretty clear that Aaron either wants to write Hercules, or dislikes Thor.
    Why not both? It's like the entire book is screaming " How dare you not like Jane Foster, I'll show you I'll write such a terrible Thor you will beg me to bring Jane back. I bought the first issue. It's also my last issue until Aaron is gone.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-14-2018 at 12:43 PM.

I did say a few could travel between realms, but the ones you mention don't really work on large scale, either. And maybe Sif is out there right now in some other realm fighting, maybe she had something more pressing to deal with, like scouting around to figure out what's going on. Just because there are a few with the ability doesn't mean they're going to just become Thor's taxi service. Especially when he clearly had no real plan aside from wanting to fight the war in some vague fashion. Without Heimdall's sight, how is he going to know where he needs to even go? just port around blind until they bump into an army? The only reason Loki did is because he's got a plan of his own and knew where to go.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-14-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Why not both? It's like the entire book is screaming " How dare you not like Jane Foster, I'll show you I'll write such a terrible Thor you will beg me to bring Jane back. I bought the first issue. It's also my last issue until Aaron is gone.
    did you do this as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQxDIDLBmFQ

20:25