Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

If it wasn't everything I wanted out of Hawkman, it was certainly pretty good. Much better than the last two decades have given us. I'll be sticking around with this one.

My number one gripe: Hawkman's just not quite himself without his beloved partner winging along at his side.

Oh well. These modern times...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If it wasn't everything I wanted out of Hawkman, it was certainly pretty good. Much better than the last two decades have given us. I'll be sticking around with this one.

My number one gripe: Hawkman's just not quite himself without his beloved partner winging along at his side.

This I agree with. Those two should be together always, but I'm not against them "working" apart at times. I want Kendra to be a staple in the book even if she's not in every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Good start. Glad to see Xanadu back in the DCU too. Boy, does Hitch draw her looking fine.
    She reminded me of his Wanda from ultimates
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Fantastic Member

Pretty great read

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This I agree with. Those two should be together always, but I'm not against them "working" apart at times. I want Kendra to be a staple in the book even if she's not in every issue.
    No worries.

They have plans to bring her in.

So besides Katar and Carter were all the other Hawks shown new? (Kryptonian one etc.) Wasn't sure whether some were elseworlds characters I didn't know about.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

This was a great first issue. I do hope Xanadu is a recurring character for the book. I never would have thought about her as a supporting character for Hawkman, but she works.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Can someone please identify all the Hawkman variants/incarnations on that awesome spread?!?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Having never read a Hawkman book before, or really much of anything with Hawkman in it, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the way they merged, so to speak, the two different Hawkman characters was really cool and made a lot of sense. The idea of reincarnation through time and space is awesome! Venditti really did a great job with this one.

“A hundred more deaths”?

I knew Carter Hall was the Kenny McCormick of the DCU.

All we need now is to fridge Kendra if she hasn’t been fridged already.

I’ll pass on this title.
    Last edited by Rod G; 06-17-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

This was such a stellar first issue and the fix for Carter/Katar is one that I've been wishing for for quite awhile. Venditti has a pretty solid for for Carter and the mystery of the story already has me excited and ready for more.

Great to see Xanadu and I'm kind of hoping she sticks around as a supporting character for Carter. Their interaction here was great. Wonder if Venditti plans on bringing Hawkgirl in anytime soon or if he's just going to let Snyder handle her story over in JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    Can someone please identify all the Hawkman variants/incarnations on that awesome spread?!?
    I'll take a stab.

The Shining Knight is at the top of the spread, easily recognizable by being, you know, a knight. He first appeared all the way back in Brave and the Bold #1 in the 50s and was identitifed as being part of the Hawk lineage in Messener-Loeb's Hawkman run in the 90s.

The Golden Age Hawkman in his late 40s yellow cowl appears to be beneath Hawkman's boot. This was later used as the Earth-2 Hawkman by Roy Thomas, IIRC.

The New 52 Savage Hawmkan appears on the left side, above the Tim Truman Katar.

Towards the center bottom is Catar-Ol of Krypton, wearing the classic Kryptonian tiara. He's brand new. Above him wearing Dave Steven's Rocketeer helmet is Katarthul of Rann, at least in my opinion. He's wearing the classic Adam Strange jetpack. Above him appears to be Giraud of Haven from the Guardians of the Galaxy, the 30th Century Phoenix.

Equally new is a member of Dawnstar's people on the far right, to the right of the aforementioned Golden Age Hawkman.

I think most of the others are just filling out the page. I don't see any in particular that look like they're based on anything specific.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I'll take a stab.

The Shining Knight is at the top of the spread, easily recognizable by being, you know, a knight. He first appeared all the way back in Brave and the Bold #1 in the 50s and was identitifed as being part of the Hawk lineage in Messener-Loeb's Hawkman run in the 90s.

The Golden Age Hawkman in his late 40s yellow cowl appears to be beneath Hawkman's boot. This was later used as the Earth-2 Hawkman by Roy Thomas, IIRC.

The New 52 Savage Hawmkan appears on the left side, above the Tim Truman Katar.

Towards the center bottom is Catar-Ol of Krypton, wearing the classic Kryptonian tiara. He's brand new. Above him wearing Dave Steven's Rocketeer helmet is Katarthul of Rann, at least in my opinion. He's wearing the classic Adam Strange jetpack. Above him appears to be Giraud of Haven from the Guardians of the Galaxy, the 30th Century Phoenix.

Equally new is a member of Dawnstar's people on the far right, to the right of the aforementioned Golden Age Hawkman.

I think most of the others are just filling out the page. I don't see any in particular that look like they're based on anything specific.
    Awesome, thank you, friend! This is very helpful. HawkBolt and Hawketeer caught my attention the first time, but now I'm going to scan the spread again with your info handy. Thanks!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Loved issue#1! This is the first time I’ve been excited about the future of Hawkman in a long time!

I want to see the backstories on the Hawkmen of Krypton, Rann, and Starhaven. Times past anybody?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    I'll take a stab.

The Shining Knight is at the top of the spread....
    Very thorough and well-done.

One correction: the knight at the top is The Silent Knight, a different Arthurian Adventure character that didn't come along until 1955, and (as far as I know) who never made a trip to our time. I think it was for that reason that he was retconned into the story when it turned out The Golden Age Hawks had more than one reincarnated lives apiece.