View Poll Results: Do female rapists get more of a pass?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes-when they do it, it's not as bad unless a kid is involved

4 50.00%
  • No-they are held accountable

2 25.00%
  • They are both vile

1 12.50%
  • Who cares-rape is rape

1 12.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Lord knows it's used in movies to be "funny" when it's really not.

I think another reason is that because rape to a lot of people is defined as penetration, having a man be forced into penetrating a woman to some seems impossible. Or in other cases people don't think that a man in a terrifying situation where he doesn't want to have sex can't get an erection, when in fact they can, and people take that as a he wanted it sign.

I wrote an essay taking issue with the so-called "toxic masculinity" of the Batman mythos, but if you don't wanna read the essay, here's the part relevant to this topic.

Not to mention the fact that, although Morrison did rewrite the events of the Barr-Bingham "Son of the Demon" graphic novel, he specifically has Batman task Talia with having drugged him at the conclusion of BATMAN INC.
    Last edited by ouroboros; 06-22-2018 at 02:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Part of the issue with female teachers is that the victim probably thinks he's the winner instead. There were a couple of teachers at my high school that were the subject of many male student fantasies, and I doubt many of them would have objected if those fantasies became a reality. Which should shine a light on how sexuality and gender is treated in society. Women are supposed to be pure and virginal to be desirable, but men are supposed to keep score by number of sexual partners. And those two things are incompatible.
    That`s something that shouldn`t enter a court of Law. The male student may view himself whatever he wants, in the eye of the Law she still comitted a fellany and needs to uphold accountability.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    According to the writer, "it wasn't rape, it was non consensual".
    Still golden after all these years.