Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    The idea of the Marvel Knights True Believers seems to be a weird combination of the actual Marvel Knights line and reprints of stuff related to the Netflix shows, so I guess it's there because of Trish. Though why they would choose that over, say, Elektra's first appearance, I don't really know.
    Maybe the Defenders comic relaunches in October? MK is mostly the Netflix characters anyway, hence the reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    actually, they've both used codenames before. Val was 'Marvel Girl.' Franklin has been 'Psi-Lord' and 'Tattletale' when he was an active adventurer.
    Of course, with X-Men Blue done and adult Jean not using the name, Marvel Girl is about to be vacated...

Both that and Psi-Lord were alt future versions of the kids, weren't they? Tattletale was 616 though - in Power Pack.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-19-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Was thinking about picking up Asguardians but I have too many double shipping titles this month

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What does "annual" mean, anyways?
    It's an extra comic printed for a series in a month that's often a bit bigger or more standalone. Typically, it's done when a month has five weeks and they need to fill the week or when there's some even they want to promote (they had a Black Panther Annual the same time the movie was released).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Reading these solicitations made me realize how tired I am. The constant cycle of Relaunches, events every few months, the issues and mini-series that come out just because Marvel wants more money, it is exhausting.
    It's not Marvel being greedy it's Marvel only pandering to the public and stores that do not understand what quantity control is.

I hear constant complaints about everything you said.

Folks hate the variants with first issues-yet store after store I go to order all that crap because SOMEBODY is willing to buy all those variants. Even if they don't read the book.

Folks who HATE events-yet every time one shows it ugly face-stores stock it because folks BUY it.

Second printing and etc-because folks don't pull list books ahead of time and we end up with stores with first to fifth printings in stock. Looking at YOU Star Wars.

Sooner or later fans have to learn what control really is. If I don't like any of the above-I have no business BUYING it. And with Ebay and midtown comics (Flash sales) it's not like you can't get those books later on at lower prices. Especially Marvel or DC.

For all the rage towards books one will not buy-where is the rage for the buyers who buy books that they hate? If it's bad stop investing in. As long as the push back is based on the above and not made up crap like we have seen-somebody at Marvel will take the hint.

I mean if Titan Comics can do arcs with Rivers of London (2 6 issue minis a year) why can't that be done with Iceman? WCA? or others.

Will folks really take issue if you Peter Parker Spider-Man: Whose Miles? (instead of issues 710-717) mini than Peter Parker SM: Who let the Gwen out? next?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not Marvel being greedy it's Marvel only pandering to the public and stores that do not understand what quantity control is.

I hear constant complaints about everything you said.

Folks hate the variants with first issues-yet store after store I go to order all that crap because SOMEBODY is willing to buy all those variants. Even if they don't read the book.

Folks who HATE events-yet every time one shows it ugly face-stores stock it because folks BUY it.

Second printing and etc-because folks don't pull list books ahead of time and we end up with stores with first to fifth printings in stock. Looking at YOU Star Wars.

Sooner or later fans have to learn what control really is. If I don't like any of the above-I have no business BUYING it. And with Ebay and midtown comics (Flash sales) it's not like you can't get those books later on at lower prices. Especially Marvel or DC.

For all the rage towards books one will not buy-where is the rage for the buyers who buy books that they hate? If it's bad stop investing in. As long as the push back is based on the above and not made up crap like we have seen-somebody at Marvel will take the hint.

I mean if Titan Comics can do arcs with Rivers of London (2 6 issue minis a year) why can't that be done with Iceman? WCA? or others.

Will folks really take issue if you Peter Parker Spider-Man: Whose Miles? (instead of issues 710-717) mini than Peter Parker SM: Who let the Gwen out? next?
    It's both of these things. Marvel is being greedy, but they know that there are fans and stores that eat it up so they keep doing it.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The same month:
    *5 Venom issues
    *11 Spider-Man issues (ASM x2, ASM annual, PP x2, RYW, S&D x2, Spidergeddon x3)

That's how you kill comics diversity.

edit: oh, wait, I did'nt even count Spidergeddon
    Last edited by mugiwara; 06-19-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    It's both of these things. Marvel is being greedy, but they know that there are fans and stores that eat it up so they keep doing it.
    Marvel is being greedy by making something they know people want to buy?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel is being greedy by making something they know people want to buy?
    When that includes not releasing annuals annually and releasing a line of one-shots, mini-series and tie-ins to bring back a character. Banking on the fans of that character reading these series so they are not lost, yes.
    Last edited by KC; 06-19-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    The same month:
    *5 Venom issues
    *11 Spider-Man issues (ASM x2, ASM annual, PP x2, RYW, S&D x2, Spidergeddon x3)

That's how you kill comics diversity.

edit: oh, wait, I did'nt even count Spidergeddon
    Eh.
    Not a issue to me,Batman comics is like that or have even more comics published by DC comics month in and month out.
    The most essential as always is Amazing Spider-Man,so if i wanted to collect few Spider-Man comics i could just collect Amazing Spider-Man and skip all the others.
    I will be getting more,but that is because i like the Venom comic books and because i liked Spider Verse so i will be getting Spidergeddon as well.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

To be fair, I think the loophole that Marvel is using here is that Amazing Spider-Man relaunched with a new #1. So this isn't an Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1 annual like the last one was, it's an Amazing Spider-Man vol. 5 annual.

There are a few hard and soft cover collected books I may buy like the Conan The Barbarian Omnibus vol.1

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Fantastic Four #2: An issue focused on Reed, Sue, the kids and what they were doing all this time was a long overdue. Looking forward to this.

Franklin Richards: A Fantastic Year #1: That sounds... random. But fun enough.

Thanos Legacy #1: I hope Thanos gets his ongoing penned by Cates back eventually. I mean, it was going really well, so I see no reason why they wouldn't want to relaunch it.

Asgardians Of The Galaxy #1: I'm REALLY excited for this! That preview double page looks awesome! And a confirmation that the villain of the story will be Nebula... interesting choice.

Iceman #1: Super glad about this coming back and hoping it'll last longer this time around.

Edge Of Spidergeddon #4 & #4: Man, I love reading those alternative versions for the Spider-Man origin story.

Avengers #8: Can David Marquez stay on art duty from now on? He makes the art on this a lot more pleasant, even the not-so-She-Hulk.

West Coast Avengers #2: Ok, first of all: that movie poster mock cover is hilarious. I love how fun this book looks already. Not surprised to see Tigra, since the writer had teased that already, but it's a nice addition regardless. Hopefully we will see other former WCA members making appearences.

Captain America #3: Loving the aesthetic of the cover. It really feels like this Coates run will be something else. Looking forward to it.

Tony Stark: Iron Man #4: Not sure what to think of the romance between Janet and Tony. At least it gives her another book to appear on.

Old Man Hawkeye #9: Old Man Bullseye looks really good.

Doctor Strange #5: So the Majesdanians continue to be a presence in this book. I'm intrigued.

Journey Into Mystery: The Birth Of The Krakoa #1: It's cool they're bringing JIM back, I just wish it was with something I actually care about.

Runaways #13: That cover is just pure magic. Can Rowell and Anka just stay on Runaways forever? Also, are they finally teasing Alex coming back in the solicits? 'Cause it's about damn time.

The Life Of Captain Marvel #3: So Carol has long hair in the main cover too. If that's supposed to represent what's going on in canon, I hope they come up with a good explanation, 'cause one's hair does not grow that fast (unless you're Medusa), and it was freaky how her hair kept changing its length all the time during KSD's run. But shallow hair talk aside, I'm really curious about what this life-changing reveal will be. Hopefully they won't mess anything up.

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #36: Everything about this issue sounds glorious.

Deadpool #4: Deadpool in Weirdworld... that should be good.

X-23 #4: Laura fighting the Cuckoos sounds like something I'd enjoy reading about. The cover is amazing too.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-19-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Picking up in floppies:

WOLVERINE #1
    FANTASTIC FOUR #2
    ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1
    SPIDERGEDDON #0
    IMMORTAL HULK #5,6.
    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #4
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #5,6.
    VENOM #6
    DOCTOR STRANGE #5

Trade Waiting:
    PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #309,310.
    BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #23 & #24
    AVENGERS #7,8.
    OLD MAN LOGAN #47,48.

Maybe (Depending if i liked the first issue)
    WEST COAST AVENGERS #2
    SENTRY #4

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    To be fair, I think the loophole that Marvel is using here is that Amazing Spider-Man relaunched with a new #1. So this isn't an Amazing Spider-Man vol. 1 annual like the last one was, it's an Amazing Spider-Man vol. 5 annual.
    Using the relaunch of the title as an excuse to release a five dollar annual issue is just as bad in my opinion. They should still wait a year.
    Last edited by KC; 06-19-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The Life Of Captain Marvel #3: So Carol has long hair in the main cover too. If that's supposed to represent what's going on in canon, I hope they come up with a good explanation, 'cause one's hair does not grow that fast (unless you're Medusa), and it was freaky how her hair kept changing its length all the time during KSD's run.
    KSD did explain it, or at least it was explained during her run. Apparently, Carol's hair grows incredibly fast because of her Kree genes and so she's constantly cutting it (as the reason to why her hair length is so inconsistent between artists)
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!