Oh, wow... of ALL the titles to be relaunched, I REALLY didn't expect Iceman to be one of them. I'm pleasantly surprised. I wonder if we're gonna have any more cancelled books coming back. It would be nice to see a few of them getting a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
With the valid complaints about the lack of diversity with Fresh Start, it looks like Marvel is going to start sprinkling in their old diverse titles under new names (West Cost Avengers) or bringing back the ones that managed to do better outside the Diamond market (Wasp and Iceman).

Although that does make me wonder if these books are going to do any better this go-around.
Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I just question the thinking behind re-releasing a series in the floppy market if it was able to find more success outside of that market.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to release the series in a more direct way to that audience, either through graphic novels or digitally?

Or maybe this time Marvel will not be as quick to cancel the books despite their floppy sales.
I like to believe that Marvel will do something different this time around so those books can last longer. We know there are a few books that have survived long not depending on DM sales, so maybe they're looking for a way to expand this line of books. Wasp could last longer with a Scholastic deal. Iceman... I'm not sure, as it's not the kind of book that would be sold through scholastic, but looking at the Amazon charts now, his trades are actually doing significantly better than Nadia's, so maybe it's a market worth of exploring for them. Not to mention digital, which we don't have the access to numbers at all and have no idea what could be going on there. Of course, I could be wrong and the DM will just dictate that these books should be cancelled within a year again, which would be disappointing. We'll see how this goes; the next months will be quite telling on what direction Marvel is taking by this apparent relaunch initiative.