Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thoughts:

- I'm curious to see what Franklin and Valeria's new codenames are. Kind of surprising they haven't had any yet, but at the same time, I don't think they really needed them.

- "Ben and Johnny’s final stand to reclaim the name…FANTASTIC FOUR." Which is kind of weird on a cover that just has the two of them.

- Asgardians of the Galaxy sounds like the kind of quirky team book Bunn does well with, though Nebula as the villain is equally interesting.

- "Avengers Mountain?" I really just miss the Mansion. Although Namor seems really underclassed against this Avengers team.

- Tigra turns into Giant-Woman? Poor girl. I wonder if the "handsome man" is Kate's dad?

- Cap and Coates' Panther team-up? That should be...interesting.

- Sounds like Bruce is going to go toe-to-toe against the Hulk for control of their body. And then the Hulk is back in the public eye and as hunted as ever.

- "THE CHAMPIONS GRAPPLE WITH A FOE THAT ALL THE SUPER-POWERS IN THE WORLD CANNOT VANQUISH!" So...society ?

- You really have to wonder how many times Pietro has had to face his demons and his mistakes over the years. At least it looks like he's going back to his old look.

- It'll be nice to see Janet in a recurring role in a flagship book again, though I don't expect her new romance with Tony is going to end any better then the last one did.

- I hope Dr. Strange's "arcane weaponry" doesn't include an axe...

- That Journey Into Mystery sounds intriguing just at the prospect of seeing OG!Fury in the flesh again and not just as some weird Watcher successor.

- So with Runaways it looks like Karolina is becoming a celebrity while an "old" foe comes back...Alex is too obvious, but maybe those vampires? I dunno.

- It was probably only a matter of time before Squirrel Girl did it's own silent issue. Should be fun.

- Kamala fighting a classic Spider-Man villain is cool, especially since other heroes' villains usually don't pop up in her book.

- I'm guessing we're getting a past "Silver Surfer as Herald of Galactus" story to contrast with the current status quo of the Silver Surfer being Galactus' Herald again.

- How many "future versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy" does that make it? Three?

ASM 5 & 6
    Venom 6

The only thing I see that I might want is:
    SPIDER-MAN/IRON MAN: MARVEL TEAM-UP TPB

double post.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-19-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Definitely:
    Daredevil 608 - Premise is very weird
    Black Panther 4 - The solicits make way more sense in context
    Life of Captain Marvel 3 - Looks like there might be some part of a retcon after all. Should be interesting.
    Death of Inhumans 3 - These solicits are depressing!

Probably:
    Avengers 7
    Avengers 8
    West Coast Avengers 2 - Assuming I like issue one.
    Marvel Rising: Omega - It's overpriced, but I've been enjoying it.

Random thoughts:
    Marvel is continuing their policy of events leading to events with Edge of Spidergeddon.
    Reprinting of Hellcat's first appearance?
    The birth of Krakoa? That's an interesting choice.
    Didn't they reveal what X-Classified was yet?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Definitely:

Didn't they reveal what X-Classified was yet?
    Could be wrong, but I'm thinking it's the new Mr. & Mrs. X book featuring Gambit & Rogue...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The only thing I see that I might want is:
    SPIDER-MAN/IRON MAN: MARVEL TEAM-UP TPB
    Thanks for bringing this up. I didn't click on the headline before. Definitely getting this.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-19-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I'm curious to see what Franklin and Valeria's new codenames are. Kind of surprising they haven't had any yet, but at the same time, I don't think they really needed them.
    actually, they've both used codenames before. Val was 'Marvel Girl.' Franklin has been 'Psi-Lord' and 'Tattletale' when he was an active adventurer.

Spectacular Member The Mary Janes's Avatar

Iceman back is cool, but with the same writer seems like a bad choice.
    Patiently waiting for X-Books to be rebooted later this year

An Amazing Spider-Man annual came out in April this year, Marvel really needs to look-up what "Annual" means.

Reading these solicitations made me realize how tired I am. The constant cycle of Relaunches, events every few months, the issues and mini-series that come out just because Marvel wants more money, it is exhausting.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    An Amazing Spider-Man annual came out in April this year, Marvel really needs to look-up what "Annual" means.
    What does "annual" mean, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Reading these solicitations made me realize how tired I am. The constant cycle of Relaunches, events every few months, the issues and mini-series that come out just because Marvel wants more money, it is exhausting.
    Don't blame you. On the other hand, it's recently come to my attention that storage space is kind of getting full, so, for me, less to buy might actually be a good thing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Reprinting of Hellcat's first appearance?
    The idea of the Marvel Knights True Believers seems to be a weird combination of the actual Marvel Knights line and reprints of stuff related to the Netflix shows, so I guess it's there because of Trish. Though why they would choose that over, say, Elektra's first appearance, I don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What does "annual" mean, anyways?
    Happens once a year. And I don't think I have to tell you that from February 2018 to September 2018 isn't a year.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Marvel Two-In-One #10
    Avengers #7-8
    Thor #5
    Venom #6
    Astonishing X-Men #15
    Darth Vader #21

Namor in Avengers #8 either means he's fighting them or joining them. Maybe both. Hope it's more than just a cameo.

Wonder if that means we'll see Atlanteans in 1mil BC, seeing how the books and characters are said to be connected?

Howling Commandos and Krakoa looks interesting too.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher