Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, wow... of ALL the titles to be relaunched, I REALLY didn't expect Iceman to be one of them. I'm pleasantly surprised. I wonder if we're gonna have any more cancelled books coming back. It would be nice to see a few of them getting a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the valid complaints about the lack of diversity with Fresh Start, it looks like Marvel is going to start sprinkling in their old diverse titles under new names (West Cost Avengers) or bringing back the ones that managed to do better outside the Diamond market (Wasp and Iceman).

Although that does make me wonder if these books are going to do any better this go-around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just question the thinking behind re-releasing a series in the floppy market if it was able to find more success outside of that market.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to release the series in a more direct way to that audience, either through graphic novels or digitally?

Or maybe this time Marvel will not be as quick to cancel the books despite their floppy sales.
    I like to believe that Marvel will do something different this time around so those books can last longer. We know there are a few books that have survived long not depending on DM sales, so maybe they're looking for a way to expand this line of books. Wasp could last longer with a Scholastic deal. Iceman... I'm not sure, as it's not the kind of book that would be sold through scholastic, but looking at the Amazon charts now, his trades are actually doing significantly better than Nadia's, so maybe it's a market worth of exploring for them. Not to mention digital, which we don't have the access to numbers at all and have no idea what could be going on there. Of course, I could be wrong and the DM will just dictate that these books should be cancelled within a year again, which would be disappointing. We'll see how this goes; the next months will be quite telling on what direction Marvel is taking by this apparent relaunch initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by nickytesla96 View Post

Why is this even still a debate?
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

While it's possible that some people really don't know this, I think most online readers ignore it since it would invalidate their little echo chambers of how Marvel pushes failing series as propaganda. They'd rather believe something false than accept that they might be mistaken or not have all the facts.
    Practically the speech of all those who say against SJW marvel comics. They say that sales are bad and that nobody asked for it but now the return of these titles is a possible big hole in their speech.

As everyone knows the sales usually fall along publication of most titles. A re-launch helps to increase sales again mainly with a new number 01 joining this to reasonable digital sales or trades it might be possible to keep a comic alive for longer than would normally live in the old days even if sales are not good in the diamond ranks.

Of course these comics can be canceled again but I have a hard time believing that a company would insist on selling a product that does not make a financial return with a relaunch and the same writer.
    Last edited by Knives; 06-13-2018 at 09:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Practically the speech of all those who say against SJW marvel comics. They say that sales are bad and that nobody asked for it but now the return of these titles is a possible big hole in their speech.
    Don't get your hopes up; so far most of the reactions online have been one of incredulous bemusement. Both Wasp and Iceman are notorious failures from Marvel, books so bad they only had a handful of issues before being cancelled. This decision by Marvel to bring them back, without even bothering to change things up in anyway, just reflects badly on Marvel as a company. These announcements are already widely being derided as another example of how out of touch the failing American comic book industry has become, when Marvel is being this blatantly stupid you can't help but laugh.

Astonishing Member

Avengers,Spider-Geddon and Iron Man are some of the new comics i will be getting in September.

So far just Avengers #7 and #8 and Tony Stark: Iron Man #4.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-14-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Honestly was is Marvel doing ?, I have zero interest in none of these titles :/
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So far just Avengers #7 and #8 and Tony Stark: Iron Man #4 so far.
    I figured it's worth waiting for a complete list before I give what I'm interested in. I mean we have no idea what's coming out. It's even possible I'll drop a book if there are so many other books I like instead.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The censored Spider-Man in Spider-geddon might be the PS4 game one or the jeans wearing one from the Spider-verse movie.
    The PS4 costume was used in Spec this week for an AU Spidey, so I think it's probably that version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The four books that I want:

Silver Surfer
    Scarlet Witch
    Black Widow
    Vision

Marvel needs to give them to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're trickling in, so let's see what we have so far...

Avengers #8. The team gets a new HQ and fights Namor (wait, isn't he supposed to be an X-Man?)
    Yes, he's on Jean Grey's Red Team.

They're trickling in, so let's see what we have so far...

Avengers #7 (origin of prehistoric Ghost Rider)
    Avengers #8. The team gets a new HQ and fights Namor (wait, isn't he supposed to be an X-Man?)
    Domino Annual #1
    Iceman #1 (should really be #12).
    Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #4
    Spider-Geddon #1

And in October, Unstoppable Wasp #1
    I'll probably get Spider-geddon because Gage usually respects the characters. So probably no crappy death. And he's a solid writer.
    Also Domino . Most of the artists involved are good and the mini is awesome.
    Maybe Avengers 7 if it's only about Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I figured it's worth waiting for a complete list before I give what I'm interested in. I mean we have no idea what's coming out. It's even possible I'll drop a book if there are so many other books I like instead.
    That's why I only listed the ones I'm definitely getting. I gotta wait to see what's coming.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Yeah. But since all three previous Avengers teams disbanded, and Johnny Storm was funding them, I wonder, could the Fantastic Four be getting the Mansion instead? They've actually been based there before, though they were sharing with the Avengers.
    I can almost guarantee you they'll be back in the Baxter building. Slott wrote in his ASM run that parker was holding the building for the fantastic four until they came back. I know he lost it all, but I cant imagine he wouldn't reference that in his FF run.

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I can almost guarantee you they'll be back in the Baxter building. Slott wrote in his ASM run that parker was holding the building for the fantastic four until they came back. I know he lost it all, but I cant imagine he wouldn't reference that in his FF run.
    Wasn't Ben upset with what Peter did to the Baxter Building?

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Exactly, he lost it. Johnny wanted to buy it back but couldn't - so he bought Avengers Mansion instead and used it as the base of the Unity Squad, and then Waid's team as well (who, after losing the Baxter, had been using Nadia's G.I.R.L. facilities at Pym Labs in New Jersey).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman