Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Honestly was is Marvel doing ?, I have zero interest in none of these titles :/
    The Avengers relaunch was a giant dud for me. One title? With 2003’s hot artist? (I like mcguennuis, but this work is uninspired )

I’ll give CB one year, before he is replaced. Has he even done a large interview to promote and lay down his vision?

Only Iceman and FF for me so far. I'm enjoying Domino but not really into annuals these days.
    Last edited by autbey; 06-14-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The Avengers relaunch was a giant dud for me. One title? With 2003’s hot artist? (I like mcguennuis, but this work is uninspired )

I’ll give CB one year, before he is replaced. Has he even done a large interview to promote and lay down his vision?
    I'm pretty sure the Aaron Avengers has been in the works since before Alonso left, with "Avengers: No Surrender" as a stopgap while they were waiting to get that up and running. Coates has also said that his Captain America was greenlit by Alonso though when Cebulski came in he gave some new notes on the project.

I agree that the Avengers relaunch is underwhelming (they already did the "here are a bunch of Avengers with their own solo books" lineup and the fact that these Avengers are in movies doesn't make it better) but it is a bit early to tell what Cebulski's stamp on the line will be.

They did say there would be only one Avengers book, but now West Coast has been announced. I would imagine Cebulski is the one who accepted Kelly Thompson's pitch for that.

Slott's Iron Man was also originally pitched to Alonso and not Cebulski.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

I mean people kept complaining about too many Avengers books or wanting a "back-to-basics" team :/

Personally I loved the issues of Ewing's USAvengers that did their own thing and didn't tie into Secret Empire. And I've never read Uncanny Avengers but I know Duggan's run was well praised and the team lineup under Zub looked so cool that I was gonna jump on before I found out the team would be folded into a weekly.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by nickytesla96 View Post
    I mean people kept complaining about too many Avengers books or wanting a "back-to-basics" team :/

Personally I loved the issues of Ewing's USAvengers that did their own thing and didn't tie into Secret Empire. And I've never read Uncanny Avengers but I know Duggan's run was well praised and the team lineup under Zub looked so cool that I was gonna jump on before I found out the team would be folded into a weekly.
    Yeah but we shouldn't really have to choose between 5 Avengers books or 1 Avengers book.

Why can't we have 2 teams? :P

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yeah but we shouldn't really have to choose between 5 Avengers books or 1 Avengers book.

Why can't we have 2 teams? :P
    We *will* come August though :P

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    We *will* come August though :P

Cheers.

James.
    Well that's not really an Avengers book that's just a different team book :P Which is nice we need more team books that aren't a well known property

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Well that's not really an Avengers book that's just a different team book :P Which is nice we need more team books that aren't a well known property
    I agree with this. With the name Avengers on the cover the book should star actual Avengers not z-listers.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

What makes it not an Avengers book?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    What makes it not an Avengers book?
    Look at the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Slott's Iron Man was also originally pitched to Alonso and not Cebulski.
    I didn't know that. I wonder when and why he turned it down?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Any roster can be an Avengers roster. Pretty much everyone in the MU has been an Avenger, so it's not fair to say the new WCA isn't really Avengers. You may not like it, but if it's being called Avengers, it's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Any roster can be an Avengers roster. Pretty much everyone in the MU has been an Avenger, so it's not fair to say the new WCA isn't really Avengers. You may not like it, but if it's being called Avengers, it's what it is.
    But I think there's definitely a distinction between the WCA, which looks to be more quirky or comedic, and what we have with Aaron's book as the main Avengers team.

That's probably why they were even allowed to use the WCA name to begin with.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Look at the roster.
    And what about their roster makes it not an Avengers roster? Hell, it's got former Avengers on it, but that's not always required.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?