Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Any roster can be an Avengers roster. Pretty much everyone in the MU has been an Avenger, so it's not fair to say the new WCA isn't really Avengers. You may not like it, but if it's being called Avengers, it's what it is.
    Flagship team titles like Avengers, Fantastic Four or X-men shouldn't have just anybody in it. That cheapens the brand. That is what titles like New Warriors and X-Force is for.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Which flagship Avengers team, the one with Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye or the one with Mantis and Swordsman? Maybe it was the one with Spectrum, Black Knight, and Namor? Or I guess it could have been the one with Sersi and Crystal in it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Which flagship Avengers team, the one with Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye or the one with Mantis and Swordsman? Maybe it was the one with Spectrum, Black Knight, and Namor? Or I guess it could have been the one with Sersi and Crystal in it.
    Correct. If only those were the characters in the upcoming West Coast Avengers.

Waiting for a full list before I post what I’m getting. However, I will say I am reading and enjoying more Marvel than I ever have! Love it!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    What separates those characters from these characters?

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

What separates those characters from these characters?
    They don't suck.

Extraordinary Member

FWIW, Tom Brevoort said the other day that he's trying to have just one "real" Avengers book for the time being, suggesting that he doesn't consider West Coast Avengers a real Avengers book.

Since Brevoort has never allowed that title to be revived until now, I guess it makes sense that he'd only do it if it was clearly not a genuine Avengers team. Whereas, say, Uncanny Avengers really did seem to be like an official Avengers team and created confusion as to which team would show up if someone called "The Avengers."

Brevoort was also replying to queries about some of the characters I consider the "real" Avengers, e.g. Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Quicksilver, Wonder Man and other characters who I think should be on the team instead of characters with their own books. We now know Wasp is going to be busy, not so much about what will happen with the others.

I admit that while I think the idea of having only one Avengers book is a good one in theory, I feel that if they are going to have only one it should include more of the supporting characters who are tied to the team instead of being an all-star lineup. I would rather have the Avengers brand diluted with multiple books than have so many characters in limbo while characters like Carol, T'Challa, Tony Stark etc. double-dip.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    FWIW, Tom Brevoort said the other day that he's trying to have just one "real" Avengers book for the time being, suggesting that he doesn't consider West Coast Avengers a real Avengers book.

Since Brevoort has never allowed that title to be revived until now, I guess it makes sense that he'd only do it if it was clearly not a genuine Avengers team. Whereas, say, Uncanny Avengers really did seem to be like an official Avengers team and created confusion as to which team would show up if someone called "The Avengers."

Brevoort was also replying to queries about some of the characters I consider the "real" Avengers, e.g. Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Quicksilver, Wonder Man and other characters who I think should be on the team instead of characters with their own books. We now know Wasp is going to be busy, not so much about what will happen with the others.

I admit that while I think the idea of having only one Avengers book is a good one in theory, I feel that if they are going to have only one it should include more of the supporting characters who are tied to the team instead of being an all-star lineup. I would rather have the Avengers brand diluted with multiple books than have so many characters in limbo while characters like Carol, T'Challa, Tony Stark etc. double-dip.
    It shouldn't be named West Coast Avengers then.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Any roster can be an Avengers roster. Pretty much everyone in the MU has been an Avenger, so it's not fair to say the new WCA isn't really Avengers. You may not like it, but if it's being called Avengers, it's what it is.
    This. The Avengers teams, main and otherwise, have always had nobody members and members from all over the place. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Which is nice we need more team books that aren't a well known property
    Agreed here. Really liked having books like the recent Defenders, Secret Warriors, and Ultimates runs.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Guys I will buy and most likely really enjoy WCA but its not an Avengers book, I'm pretty sure even the editorial is in the same mindset. It has the title Avengers in front of it because it'll sell better because of it. Like Avengers Arena, Avengers Undercover and more.

Okay even if we do consider it an Avengers book then we need to change our standarts on how many Avengers book is fine. If we were thinking 2 before and now we have two but its almost entirely made up of characters that hasnt been Avengers before now the number of acceptable Avengers book should go up imo. That was my point.
    Last edited by Captain M; 06-16-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But I think there's definitely a distinction between the WCA, which looks to be more quirky or comedic, and what we have with Aaron's book as the main Avengers team.

That's probably why they were even allowed to use the WCA name to begin with.
    They weren't called the Whackos for nothing.

Yes. Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Mantis, Swordsman, Namor and Vision. Those were the days.( I added Namor on there although he wasn't with that team.) For some super strength.

They don't suck.
    Since when has Dane Whitman not sucked? Or, seriously, you're saying the Swordsman is better than Kate Bishop?

Since when has Dane Whitman not sucked? Or, seriously, you're saying the Swordsman is better than Kate Bishop?
    Yes, Swordsman is better than Kate Bishop. Black Knight is as well.

I agree with this. With the name Avengers on the cover the book should star actual Avengers not z-listers.
    I love z-list avengers. New heroes to make great stories on and you don't know what will happen to them. Oh-no Spider-Man is in danger! What will-oh wait he has 5 titles he will be fine. Stingray is in danger! We DON'T know what will happen with him. You thing hawkeye, wanda, and quicksilver were not z-listers when they joined? They were.

Plus people are complaining about the comedy? WCA always had some comedy in it in the early days. Yeah it got dark later and stories like the Pym-firebird story but you also had avengers baseball games, hawkeye's BBQ's and jokes from hawkeye and wonder man. Plus it's where great lakes avengers started! It and Excalibur were the more oddball books. Don't forget they were called "the wacco's" and "ex-wackos" and fought the living totem and some cat people in their early stories as well as a demon shooting star who shoots shooting stars out of her gun! Plus begging the thing to join for ten issues only for him to be a member for less then a hour! (the joke is he was with the team for about 10 issues so he more or less was a member anyways!)

WCA did have goofy silly stuff with the darker stuff.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]