Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default DC Post Doomsday Clock What Are Your Hopes

Even though it seems like it is nowhere in sight, Doomsday Clock will eventually come to an end. What are your hopes for DC overall after it does? Do you hope they use it to answer questions about continuity? Do you think our current "DC Universe" line is too far along for it to have the impact on the overall line of books like it was originally presented to? Do you think it will leave us with mostly well liked line up like we had with Rebirth's start or will the overall fanbase be luke warm?

I don't know how this whole JSA stuff will play out and I don't have as much of an attachment to that era as some fans so I can't say I'm hoping for much in that regard. I do hope these new Watchmen characters (Mime, Marionette, Reggie!Rorschach) get to stay in the main DC universe. I also hope we can book end Ozymandias and Doctor Manhattan's journeys; I'd have them die.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mainly I am hoping Superman actually is the one who saves everyone, just so he can add that to his resume. He shouldn't have just a supporting role or a bit part in the finale. Long-term I'd like to see Manhattan and Oz destroy each other and have the JSA return as a result.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

I don't think anything will come of it since DC has moved past Johns and are using other A-listers like King/Snyder/Morrison/Bendis.

Better stories.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I don't think anything will come of it since DC has moved past Johns and are using other A-listers like King/Snyder/Morrison/Bendis.
    With respect to all those guys I don't feel like any one of them is up to the task of being the main architect of the DC Universe overall like Johns was for Rebirth. I hope after it's over Johns takes the reigns back and becomes the main editor over guys like King and Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I doubt DC would have had Johns step down from his executive position at DC Entertainment for a more comic-centric role just to ignore what he puts out.

I think DC is just taking to the idea of having multiple high-profile writers shape things instead of one main architect.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I doubt DC would have had Johns step down from his executive position at DC Entertainment for a more comic-centric role just to ignore what he puts out.
    Were you in a coma or something during 2018?

Didn't Johns already leave that post with WB/DC for a different deal?

Geoff Johns Steps Down as DC Chief Creative Officer, Jim Lee to Take Over
    by Albert Ching – on Jun 11, 2018 in Comics, Comic News
    Geoff Johns has stepped away from his executive position at DC Entertainment to focus on creative projects at Warner Bros. and DC including the Green Lantern Corps film, the company announced on Monday.
    Johns has signed an exclusive writer/producer deal with Warner Bros. and DC, and as a result will leave his current job as President and Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment. Jim Lee will take over as DC's Chief Creative Officer, while remaining as DC Publisher alongside Dan DiDio, a position they've both held since 2010.
    Under his new deal, Johns has launched a new production company called Mad Ghost Productions, and will write the screenplay for Green Lantern Corps, as well as produce. It's specified in DC's announcement that the film will be specifically based on Johns' run on the Green Lantern comic book series, which stretched from 2004 to 2013.
    On the publishing side, he'll launch a new DC Comics imprint called "The Killing Zone," dubbed in the press release "a new pop-up slate of comic books," which is set to feature "new and lesser known DC characters and titles." Additionally, Johns will write a new Shazam! comic book series, the first in a decade, and continue on the currently unfolding Doomsday Clock 12-issue series, illustrated by Gary Frank, and the previously announced Three Jokers, illustrated by Jason Fabok.
    “I took on a role at DCE because I love the characters and this universe more than anything," Johns said in a statement. "But, I want to spend my days writing and on set. I’m thrilled to get back to a more hands-on creative role. It’s a dream job on dream projects, reaching even deeper into DC’s vast pantheon of characters."
    https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-dc-c...lee-take-over/

Nothing will come of it
    Johns is not steering the ship anymore or writing the big events of the DCU
    Whatever King, Bendis, or Snyder end up doing is where the real change will be implemented.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Nothing will come of it
    Johns is not steering the ship anymore or writing the big events of the DCU
    Whatever King, Bendis, or Snyder end up doing is where the real change will be implemented.
    My guess is that the former Doomsday clock will lead into the latters upcoming events.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Were you in a coma or something during 2018?

Didn't Johns already leave that post with WB/DC for a different deal?

https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-dc-c...lee-take-over/
    Wasn't more because Justice League bombed? I mean Diane Nelson left around the same time. It's definitely not a coincidence.

Only giving him the Shazam book while Bendis for example gets more definitely speaks of a rift between him and the upper ranks at DC.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-02-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I hope for nothing.
    I want either better continuity and consistency or actually forget continuity and make all comics writer-based short stories with little relation to each other.
    I want better treatment of characters and writers that are not A-Lister as in if they're the main character of their own book with their own writers, then don't treat them like the supporting character of a bigger book to be killed at any time therefore cancelling any story and development they had.
    Anything less and I'm not interested.

Spectacular Member

jsa wil probably get killed off soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I hope for nothing.
    I want either better continuity and consistency or actually forget continuity and make all comics writer-based short stories with little relation to each other.
    I want better treatment of characters and writers that are not A-Lister as in if they're the main character of their own book with their own writers, then don't treat them like the supporting character of a bigger book to be killed at any time therefore cancelling any story and development they had.
    Anything less and I'm not interested.
    I wouldn't have phrased it like that, but I am pretty strongly in agreement with you.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

I don’t know about “hopes”, but it’s more likely Superman convinces Manhattan it’s a bad idea to mess with the DCU, and just fade away to somewhere else.