Default Dumbo, March 2019

Burton, Keaton, and Danny DeVito? Guess I'm sold.

Always a risk to redo a classic, but at least taking an animated classic and making a live-action adaptation is more worthwhile than their old method of making really cheap animated sequels.

And Dumbo is too adorable so I want to like it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm shocked Johnny Depp isn't involved with it. Since he does every film with Burton.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm shocked Johnny Depp isn't involved with it. Since he does every film with Burton.
    Or Helena Bonham Carter, though I suppose with her after the divorce it would be awkward.

Speaking of the usual Burton suspects, though, Danny Elfman is of course doing the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Burton, Keaton, and Danny DeVito? Guess I'm sold.
    Oh gawds. My childhood is burning before my eyes.

Not really. But I'm just having visions of something otherwise good that just doesn't fit my image of "Dumbo". Hope I'm wrong. But it will also get people to watch the original.

Edit: Well, I actually like the trailer and how it was presented. Very much "You will believe an elephant can fly".
    Last edited by Powerboy; 06-14-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Did ANYONE know this was coming?

All I've heard about is the live-action adaptations of Aladdin and The Lion King. When this trailer dropped, I was like "Wha.....?"

Incidentally, it looks good, though it is just weird to see Michael Keaton with hair at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

All I've heard about is the live-action adaptations of Aladdin and The Lion King. When this trailer dropped, I was like "Wha.....?"

Incidentally, it looks good, though it is just weird to see Michael Keaton with hair at this point.
    I had heard zero about it until I saw this thread.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I had heard zero about it until I saw this thread.
    I had heard about it but wondered how the hell they would do Dumbo himself live action. I guess he is CGI, which in reality is just animation using computers added to real actors.

Only two things I'm curious about now-

1. How will the 'Pink Elephants' sequence look? That scared the hell out of me as a kid.

2. How exactly will the crows be portrayed? Because I didn't know it when I first saw it, but that is a clearly racist stereotype.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Are the racist crows still in the movie?

Incredible Member

Just No......