Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

This is the 2nd thread that's like clickbait...just put up the damn answer instead of having the title and first post being a link.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I'm hoping it is she would fight right in to a Weapon X comic imo. As well I'm a fan and want to see her get more exposure. I really hope CBR is wrong and it's not another Emma Frost regression so that Magneto years of character development do not get tossed aside simply because a writer HAS to have a evil Magneto for his story. I can see Magneto as a anti-hero going full villain makes no sense at this point imo.
    Not that she wouldn't fit in. But when she & Creed share a book, they always get paired up as a couple, which they never have any business being. And it ruins both of the characters. I don't wanna see Creed x Mystique again after 4 peaceful years since 2010. Especially when Marvel can't be bothered to address wth he's not still with Monet, who he ran off with just last year. If Mystique comes in, I am truly dropping the series for good.

Given Jordan White's comments, he doesn't care for Emma, Magneto, or Sabretooth being heroes. Again, one editor's word is not law, especially since he isn't C.B. But that is still something, and he probably wouldn't be against writers wanting to take all 3 back to more villainous roots. We've seen it with Creed, some said Emma has gone down that road. So I guess Magneto following would be appropriate. Even though we could use new villains, instead of recycling the old ones -some of whom have lost all their luster & threat capacity.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2018 at 07:03 AM.

BANNED

Odd headline. Polaris and Magneto are his bosses anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't get it, does every team NEED to have a Wolverine representative?

As to the first Member, i'm not surprised. I don't think anyone is surprised it Daken(sounds like Bacon lol)
    Not really. His name is pronounced DAH ken. He's Japanese, and A's make an AH sound in that language.

there are too many wolverine-esque characters around. it takes away from logan in a way. i don't like jimmy or daken. logan and x-23 are all we need

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    there are too many wolverine-esque characters around. it takes away from logan in a way. i don't like jimmy or daken. logan and x-23 are all we need
    Don't forget Gabby and Raze.

Gabby
    Raze
    Daken
    Jimmy
    X-23
    Old Man Logan
    Wolvie

I would agree that's way too many Wolverine's to the point it seems Marvel has a compulsive addiction. Unless most of this was still under Alonso, and some will get phased out once C.B. really starts making his moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Not that she wouldn't fit in. But when she & Creed share a book, they always get paired up as a couple, which they never have any business being. And it ruins both of the characters. I don't wanna see Creed x Mystique again after 4 peaceful years since 2010. Especially when Marvel can't be bothered to address wth he's not still with Monet, who he ran off with just last year. If Mystique comes in, I am truly dropping the series for good.
    I keep forgetting they were written unfortunately as couple and thank you for reminding me. I rather not see here in the comic then as you are correct those two characters have no business being a couple let alone on the same team.

Given Jordan White's comments, he doesn't care for Emma, Magneto, or Sabretooth being heroes. Again, one editor's word is not law, especially since he isn't C.B. But that is still something, and he probably wouldn't be against writers wanting to take all 3 back to more villainous roots. We've seen it with Creed, some said Emma has gone down that road. So I guess Magneto following would be appropriate. Even though we could use new villains, instead of recycling the old ones -some of whom have lost all their luster & threat capacity.
    I don't mind current characters becoming villains again even if Marvel as a whole really needs both new villains and superheroes imo. I would like to see a good reason for them being villains. Writer XYZ just having to have one turn villain again for their precious story is not good enough for me at least. Especially when it makes no sense in terms of story and it throws away years of character development like they did with Emma Frost.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Don't forget Gabby and Raze.

Gabby
    Raze
    Daken
    Jimmy
    X-23
    Old Man Logan
    Wolvie

I would agree that's way too many Wolverine's to the point it seems Marvel has a compulsive addiction. Unless most of this was still under Alonso, and some will get phased out once C.B. really starts making his moves.
    Do not forget Weapon H the fusion of Wolverine and Hulk is the biggest evidence that they went too far with copies of Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I keep forgetting they were written unfortunately as couple and thank you for reminding me. I rather not see here in the comic then as you are correct those two characters have no business being a couple let alone on the same team.
    I can see them working together when both have something to gain. But them being written as being in love with each other is pushing it. Though sometimes, it seems Sabretooth is in love with Mystique while she just likes screwing him and finds him entertaining. Either way makes no sense when Sabretooth hates her, and she's double crossed him numerous times. Meanwhile, she has shown repeatedly to find him annoying & repulsive. And given his assault on Destiny' family, she ought to want to kill him -not to mention the times he's beaten or almost killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Do not forget Weapon H the fusion of Wolverine and Hulk is the biggest evidence that they went too far with copies of Wolverine.
    Thanks. I felt like I left someone out. lol

They need to hurry and get rid of some of these characters. Send them to other universes if need be. But Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Wild Child were the only ones we needed, imo. Every last one of those others could stand to leave.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Also Romulus (yeah I can't blame anyone who forgot about him), Kouen (might be dead already), Bellona (lacking the healing factor but she has the claws) and Albert (cyborg).

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Also Romulus (yeah I can't blame anyone who forgot about him), Kouen (might be dead already), Bellona (lacking the healing factor but she has the claws) and Albert (cyborg).
    I take Albert over most of then specially Weapon H and Romulus

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I think Daken and X-23 can and should remain... they're fairly established

Good luck getting rid of Gabby she is in a starring role on the most popular current X-comic (not that I think it's a good thing just pointing it out)

Jimmy is super likely to leave

Um who else was there oh yeah OML he'll likely be gone too
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    As to the first Member, i'm not surprised. I don't think anyone is surprised it Daken(sounds like Bacon lol)
    Nah. Sounds like Dock-en.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I take Albert over most of then specially Weapon H and Romulus
    Yeah Albert FTW lol. But seriously just keep Logan and Laura (with Gabby), they are the only ones popular. All the other wolverine-esque characters despite the constant push they got in the past are just useless.

Maybe bring back Wild Child to team up with Creed. By the way I was surprised Creed didn't say anything to Omega Red about the death of Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Yeah Albert FTW lol. But seriously just keep Logan and Laura (with Gabby), they are the only ones popular. All the other wolverine-esque characters despite the constant push they got in the past are just useless.

Maybe bring back Wild Child to team up with Creed. By the way I was surprised Creed didn't say anything to Omega Red about the death of Kyle.
    Well, i think that you could argue that Daken has some staying power (much as i loathe him), he even got a solo that lasted 24 issues at some point, so he might be deserve another chance before tossing him aside.