Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 83 of 83
  1. #76
    Mighty Member blinkingblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    it's equally frustrating that it seemed Bunn was taken off his own ideas and given the O5 only for the O5 to be removed from this book...like what's the point? They didnt even finish the storylines that began with them around (mothervine)
    YESSS thank you!! Marvel is so ADD it gets almost pointless to read anything. They are scrambling around so much trying to make things work that nothing ends up working. Let the writers write!

  2. #77
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    YESSS thank you!! Marvel is so ADD it gets almost pointless to read anything. They are scrambling around so much trying to make things work that nothing ends up working. Let the writers write!
    And then literally ignore something that happened in a book that was just cancelled. feels like a waste of time & money

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    And then literally ignore something that happened in a book that was just cancelled. feels like a waste of time & money
    It was because the story ends up as filler. You spent time following a plot or development that was cut off with no repercussions. So it ended up being useless.

    That's why minis sell so low. Because usually the events of a mini are side stories that don't really come up in the main books, so many consider them filler. I don't, as I love a mini if it's written well and showing other aspects of a character, but different strokes.

    So like Strains Generation X or Bunn's Uncanny. Both stories were effectively filler, as nothing from them has come up again. I suppose Strain did better than Bunn for curing Jubilee & Monet, so if those developments stick, her series did something. But Bunn's Uncanny on the other hand, pretty much all of that was ignored and is a story that can be stricken from continuity these days.

    So yeah. The way Marvel is now, it's hard to get invested in anything because the characters or development eventually get reset to whatever is convenient. It just happens sooner than later for some.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-29-2018 at 07:20 AM.

  4. #79
    Mighty Member blinkingblah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    It was because the story ends up as filler. You spent time following a plot or development that was cut off with no repercussions. So it ended up being useless.

    That's why minis sell so low. Because usually the events of a mini are side stories that don't really come up in the main books, so many consider them filler. I don't, as I love a mini if it's written well and showing other aspects of a character, but different strokes.

    So like Strains Generation X or Bunn's Uncanny. Both stories were effectively filler, as nothing from them has come up again. I suppose Strain did better than Bunn for curing Jubilee & Monet, so if those developments stick, her series did something. But Bunn's Uncanny on the other hand, pretty much all of that was ignored and is a story that can be stricken from continuity these days.

    So yeah. The way Marvel is now, it's hard to get invested in anything because the characters or development eventually get reset to whatever is convenient. It just happens sooner than later for some.
    As long as marvel still feels that continuity is something pointless. Well then, the reader in going to feel that reading their comics is pointless. With no ramifications for a characters actions and stuff just gets rebooted or never discussed. You get really choppy storylines that in the end have absolutely no weight and no reason to invest your time or money.

  5. #80
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    As long as marvel still feels that continuity is something pointless. Well then, the reader in going to feel that reading their comics is pointless. With no ramifications for a characters actions and stuff just gets rebooted or never discussed. You get really choppy storylines that in the end have absolutely no weight and no reason to invest your time or money.
    Which will lead more people to seek out online free versions, so they can follow, but dont waste their money

  6. #81
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Which will lead more people to seek out online free versions, so they can follow, but dont waste their money
    Yep. May seem tacky, but I hardly buy anything because very little is worth buying. Instead, I am reading & buying good stuff from 10+ years ago than anything today. Lol

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yep. May seem tacky, but I hardly buy anything because very little is worth buying. Instead, I am reading & buying good stuff from 10+ years ago than anything today. Lol
    expecting someone to pay $6-$8/month for one book with little to no story is tacky. I'm with you all the way. I've replaced my back issues with TPB because they're easier (and cheaper) to store.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    expecting someone to pay $6-$8/month for one book with little to no story is tacky. I'm with you all the way. I've replaced my back issues with TPB because they're easier (and cheaper) to store.
    Yeah, I have to pay a bit more since I have to order comics online. I don't live close to a book store. So in addition to the book, I have to pay for shipping. So I sure as Heck don't spend money on crap.

    Example, Creed is one of my favs. I bought the Iron Fist books Brisson wrote him in. With Weapon X, I bought chapter 18, which was the only good one, imo. Sad when a writer does more character work in a 5 chapter guest appearance than a 20+ chapter main role.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-29-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •