Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I can see them working together when both have something to gain. But them being written as being in love with each other is pushing it. Though sometimes, it seems Sabretooth is in love with Mystique while she just likes screwing him and finds him entertaining. Either way makes no sense when Sabretooth hates her, and she's double crossed him numerous times. Meanwhile, she has shown repeatedly to find him annoying & repulsive. And given his assault on Destiny' family, she ought to want to kill him -not to mention the times he's beaten or almost killed her.
    At least it beats the short lived Brotherhood where they had the Shadow King and Mystique working on the same team. It showed to me at least that no research was done by the writer and simply threw in their favored characters. If I'm not mistaken it took this forum to point out that since the SK killed Destiny there was no way Mystique would ever work with that character. The writer tossed in a half baked " I joined to hurt the X-men but also get back at the SK" sub-plot to cover up his mistake. In the end she gets neither and Psylocke takes out the SK.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    At least it beats the short lived Brotherhood where they had the Shadow King and Mystique working on the same team. It showed to me at least that no research was done by the writer and simply threw in their favored characters. If I'm not mistaken it took this forum to point out that since the SK killed Destiny there was no way Mystique would ever work with that character. The writer tossed in a half baked " I joined to hurt the X-men but also get back at the SK" sub-plot to cover up his mistake. In the end she gets neither and Psylocke takes out the SK.
    Bad when writers nor editors do their research. But I give him points for trying to fix it, however bad. Nobody has tried to fix the retcon of her & Creed. Marvel acts like they're the Bonnie x Clyde or Chucky x Tiffany on the M.U.

It's clear writers don't know what the Hell to do with Mystique. And they'll pair her up with anybody. Her character is all over the place. And so is Sabretooth now, where he's good or bad depending on the writer's mood. Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nah. Sounds like Dock-en.
    Not really. His name is pronounced DAH ken. He's Japanese, and A's make an AH sound in that language.
    HAahahaha.....I did not know that. Thanks for that piece of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well, i think that you could argue that Daken has some staying power (much as i loathe him), he even got a solo that lasted 24 issues at some point, so he might be deserve another chance before tossing him aside.

I think the character got enough chances along the years. I mean Marvel removed Logan from his own title and gave it to him, they made him a member of the Dark Avengers (so the big Avengers title at the time), he became the main focus of the Wolverine Origins serie, he was part of the Wolverines and one of the protagonist of All New Wolverine.

About his serie, despite the Wolverine name and the healthier market at the time he couldn't sustain a solo for more than 23 issues (and by the end the sales were close to 15.000 by issue so in today market his serie wouldn't have last 12 issues) while X-23 without all the push he got did well on her own and managed to last 21 issues with the last one selling over 20.000 units.

So yeah that's not a great feat, and I'm not talking about all the cameo he got since last year that didn't help the sales of any title he was in.

Other characters are more deserving of a push such as the Academy X Mutants and yet everybody forget about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I think the character got enough chances along the years. I mean Marvel removed Logan from his own title and gave it to him, they made him a member of the Dark Avengers (so the big Avengers title at the time), he became the main focus of the Wolverine Origins serie, he was part of the Wolverines and one of the protagonist of All New Wolverine.

About his serie, despite the Wolverine name and the healthier market at the time he couldn't sustain a solo for more than 23 issues (and by the end the sales were close to 15.000 by issue so in today market his serie wouldn't have last 12 issues) while X-23 without all the push he got did well on her own and managed to last 21 issues with the last one selling over 20.000 units.

So yeah that's not a great feat, and I'm not talking about all the cameo he got since last year that didn't help the sales of any title he was in.

Other characters are more deserving of a push such as the Academy X Mutants and yet everybody forget about them.
    Yeah, i think than him stealing Logan focus of his 2 solos didn't make him any favors in my eyes and i agreed i rather have the Academy X kids over Akihiro any day. That being said i think that some writters might find appealing a son of Wolverine that is a bad guy, maybe (and this is a big maybe, not something that i want or prefer) someone can make the concept work, hell maybe Brisson or Soule can, they are way better than D.W.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Please just don't call them "Evil". "Mwaahahahaha" stuff stopped working in the 80s. It was dumb when it came back last year under Polaris.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Please just don't call them "Evil". "Mwaahahahaha" stuff stopped working in the 80s. It was dumb when it came back last year under Polaris.
    I have to think they have been writing to a younger demographic for the title. I was surprised when Magneto used the term evil as well.

Polaris has lapsed into good vs evil verbiage as well. I can't say if one goes back in time its entirely out of character for her, but she really hasn't done it since the 1990-2000 time frame.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-14-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Don't forget Gabby and Raze.

Gabby
    Raze
    Daken
    Jimmy
    X-23
    Old Man Logan
    Wolvie

I would agree that's way too many Wolverine's to the point it seems Marvel has a compulsive addiction. Unless most of this was still under Alonso, and some will get phased out once C.B. really starts making his moves.
    To me only 3 of them have a purpose: Wolverine (himself), X-23 (Wolverine version of the Young X-Men who has her own life) and Daken (the Villainous son of Wolverine and friend of Johnny Storm)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    To me only 3 of them have a purpose: Wolverine (himself), X-23 (Wolverine version of the Young X-Men who has her own life) and Daken (the Villainous son of Wolverine and friend of Johnny Storm)
    ^ My sentiment as well

Sabretooth can count as the 4th really. ANd Lady Deathstrike 5th.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Don't forget Gabby and Raze.

Gabby
    Raze
    Daken
    Jimmy
    X-23
    Old Man Logan
    Wolvie

I would agree that's way too many Wolverine's to the point it seems Marvel has a compulsive addiction. Unless most of this was still under Alonso, and some will get phased out once C.B. really starts making his moves.
    Well,

1) Raze is dead.
    &
    2) Literally all of them function as a family unit except Wolvie. They aren't copies of Wolverine, they are essentially Marvel's BatFamily.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    ^ My sentiment as well

Sabretooth can count as the 4th really. ANd Lady Deathstrike 5th.
    Sabretooth doesn't have Logan DNA. Wouldn't count him as a Wolverine. And Marvel doesn't either given how shitty he's treated. Sabretooth is an example of a redhead stepchild at best. Especially when 4 of said Wolverines have easily kicked his ass.

Deathstrike also seems to be pushing it. Wouldn't count either as Wolverines. Sabretooth would've been one if Claremont stayed on, but that didn't pan out.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Sabretooth doesn't have Logan DNA. Wouldn't count him as a Wolverine. And Marvel doesn't either given how shitty he's treated. Sabretooth is an example of a redhead stepchild at best. Especially when 4 of said Wolverines have easily kicked his ass.
    I headcanon that Creed is Wolverine's grandpa, you can't convince of the contrary .

Who could be Magneto's Brotherhood:
    Daken (Jimmy)
    Havok (Cyclops)
    Emma (Jean)
    Exodus (Angel)
    Toad (Iceman)
    Blob (Beast)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Daken (Jimmy)
    Havok (Cyclops)
    Emma (Jean)
    Exodus (Angel)
    Toad (Iceman)
    Blob (Beast)
    Havok and Emma won't be part of it that's for sure.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Daken (Jimmy)
    Havok (Cyclops)
    Emma (Jean)
    Exodus (Angel)
    Toad (Iceman)
    Blob (Beast)
    He is going after Emma, so pretty sure she won't be in there.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue