Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Surprising clickbaity clickbait from CBR. But, as for the options of Magneto's Brotherhood:

Exodus
    Elixir
    Daken

They all seem to be confirmed. I know Daken hasn't been "confirmed" confirmed but Bunn was saying that he planned on having him be on his initial Uncanny roster but ended up settling for Sabretooth. So this seems to be him putting his original plans to fruition. Plus, I think the Sleepers will play a part in this. Per Bunn's words, they are supposed to be making a play in Blue, eventually. And with Xorn and Archangel out of the picture, Erik could easily take up the reins to lead the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Who could be Magneto's Brotherhood:
    Daken (Jimmy)
    Havok (Cyclops)
    Emma (Jean)
    Exodus (Angel)
    Toad (Iceman)
    Blob (Beast)
    You think Mags would pick Havok and Emma after what went down during Mothervine?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Surprising clickbaity clickbait from CBR. But, as for the options of Magneto's Brotherhood:

Exodus
    Elixir
    Daken

They all seem to be confirmed. I know Daken hasn't been "confirmed" confirmed but Bunn was saying that he planned on having him be on his initial Uncanny roster but ended up settling for Sabretooth. So this seems to be him putting his original plans to fruition. Plus, I think the Sleepers will play a part in this. Per Bunn's words, they are supposed to be making a play in Blue, eventually. And with Xorn and Archangel out of the picture, Erik could easily take up the reins to lead the group.

You think Mags would pick Havok and Emma after what went down during Mothervine?
    Bunn said he wasn't a fan of Daken, and could get more out of Sabretooth.
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/13...-be-on-the-uxm

But with Creed being pulled from him, and given to Pak, Daken is what he's got to work with for now.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

But with Creed being pulled from him, and given to Pak, Daken is what he's got to work with for now.
    Wait, we could have a decently written Creed but we got Daken instead? F**k this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wait, we could have a decently written Creed but we got Daken instead? F**k this sucks.
    Typical isn't it? Daken gets the good writer & Creed is stuck meme-talking & acting like a mid-life crisis'd frat-boy-wannabe comedic character in Pak's Weapon X. Why Editorial felt the need to take Sabretooth from Bunn is beyond me. He ought to be in Blue with Magneto right now. And so should Monet.

Whenever I think about the material we could've gotten from Bunn, I get pissed as Hell, especially given how far Sabretooth has fallen since Pak got a hold of him. Bunn was doing fine with Monet, then she got thrown in Strain's GenX and is off to limbo again.

I praise the recent 2 Weapon X chapters. But they don't come close to the good writing we were getting, and could've continued to get, from Bunn. I can't imagine Pak has anything near as interesting or depth-filled for Sabretooth.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Typical isn't it? Daken gets the good writer, and Creed is stuck meme-talking over in Pak's Weapon X. Why Editorial felt the need to take Sabretooth from Bunn is beyond me. He ought to be in Blue with magneto right now.

Whenever I think about the material we could've gotten from Bunn, I get pissed as Hell, especially given how far Sabretooth has fallen since Pak got a hold of him.

I praise the recent 2 Weapon X chapters. But they don't come close to the good writing we were getting, and could've continued to get, from Bunn. I can't imagine Pak has anything near as interesting or depth-filled for Sabretooth.
    To be fair Pak is a good writter and has done some good stuff, but his Weapon X is definetly among his lowest, Creed is like the poster child of that. Bunn is not really among my favorites but his Sabretooth was at least interesting.

Weird. I thought I read somewhere that Bunn was deciding between Daken and Creed. IDK.......but I think Daken works better with this cast.

To be fair Pak is a good writter and has done some good stuff, but his Weapon X is definetly among his lowest, Creed is like the poster child of that. Bunn is not really among my favorites but his Sabretooth was at least interesting.
    When I say good writer, I mainly mean for the characters. I hear Pak has done some good stuff. But it's clear he's not good for any of the characters in Weapon X. Imo, he doesn't have the right voice for any of them. Sabretooth is a very gritty & tragic (sometimes) character and Pak has moved away from that and tried to make an action comedy with this cast. Instead of going for dark, tragic, and compelling. No wonder it's the lowest selling X-team book currently.

Bunn excels at gritty characters, and he had the right voice for them. Where he can do light-hearted & amusing scenes without de-aging the cast and having them come off like they're on Big-Bang Theory. So typical Creed gets the writer who settled for making him comedy relief. And Daken gets to be with Bunn...

I am especially pissed when I look at the old interviews to see everything Bunn had planned. Where he said Creed was gonna have a lot of tragedy, hardships, and even romance coming. Bunn also noting he wasn't rushing to make Creed evil again, and had a long game planned for him. Or how Creed joined Magneto's team for a specific purpose, but would come to see that team as a family.

Fast-forward to Pak's interviews about Sabretooth where he just tells us Sabretooth is a loose canon who's destined to tear into Logan & rebel against everyone. Wow, how engaging & deep.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-14-2018 at 07:51 PM.

BANNED

Magneto's Brotherhood could include a great number of characters. Daken. Elixir. The Acolytes, namely Exodus, Unuscione, Frenzy, Random & Voght; I'm certain they'd still be loyal to Exodus & Magneto if it was asked of them. Magneto may still have the allegiance of the Marauders too: Riptide, Arclight, Scalphunter, Prism etc. And of course there's ex-Brotherhood members Toad, Mystique & Blob. I'm excited to see who may be aligned with Erik, and I'm hoping it doesn't culminate in an empty revelation that Magneto didn't kill the Battle of the Atom Brotherhood after all.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Don't forget Gabby and Raze.

Gabby
    Raze
    Daken
    Jimmy
    X-23
    Old Man Logan
    Wolvie

I would agree that's way too many Wolverine's to the point it seems Marvel has a compulsive addiction. Unless most of this was still under Alonso, and some will get phased out once C.B. really starts making his moves.
    Golden Claw Wolverine is around somewhere too missing Hercules and being underappreciated
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

This thread has loads of potential regarding Magneto. I think that Magneto has learned from his past mistakes and can move forward to another goal. He knows that his past actions have been wrong and he has to change his methods. I think Magnus understands now that he has to try other avenues to make sure mutants are in a position that they can not be so easily targeted.

Perhaps a new Brotherhood would be mutants that are focused on being able to navigate the MU and use whatever means at their disposal to deal with threats, whether they be against mutants or otherwise. A New Brotherhood would be mutants and others that understand the threat to mutants and humans. Good,evil,morals,ethics, it depends sometimes on what people are willing to tolerate, before they stand up to injustice.

I would like to see a brotherhood that consists of mutants that consists of different mutants that do not have a singular vision of how that can be acheived.

My hopes for Brotherhood candidates.
    Frenzy
    Unuscione
    Mimic
    No-Girl
    Amelia Voight
    Sunfire
    Daken ( i like this dynamic)

This would be just the setup of a larger Brotherhood that could be expanded.

I think that having a real rival to the X-men could shake things up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    My hopes for Brotherhood candidates.
    Frenzy
    Unuscione
    Mimic
    No-Girl
    Amelia Voight
    Sunfire
    Daken ( i like this dynamic)

I think that having a real rival to the X-men could shake things up.
    I didn't even consider Mimic. He'd be a great choice, and it'd be fun to see which powers he'd pick up. He's also worked with Daken in the past (DARK X-MEN). No-Girl is an odd pick, so I'd like to hear your reasoning for her being there. I'm with you on the rest of them though. And I agree 100% that having the Brotherhood be X-Men adjacent and decent rivals would be really interesting. I could see them being a little more X-Force than straight-up villains, but I'm all for it. A bunch of extremists working together could be really interesting.

Yeah, i think than him stealing Logan focus of his 2 solos didn't make him any favors in my eyes and i agreed i rather have the Academy X kids over Akihiro any day. That being said i think that some writters might find appealing a son of Wolverine that is a bad guy, maybe (and this is a big maybe, not something that i want or prefer) someone can make the concept work, hell maybe Brisson or Soule can, they are way better than D.W.
    I don't know Remender is supposed to be a good writer and he tried to kill him twice in both Uncanny X-Force and Punisher lol. And we should be careful with Soule, he might be great at writing Logan but some of his characterizations in the past were really hit and miss (Emma in DOX/IVX or Laura & Elixir in Legacy for example).

Daken wasn't even supposed to be in X-Men Blue, he was a last minute addition after some talks between Bunn and Mark Paniccia (the previous X-Men editor) :

https://www.cbr.com/cullen-bunn-x-me...d-interview/3/

If they really wanted an anti-hero character for the team who have some connection with Polaris, Magneto and Havok, Sabretooth or even Mystique would have make more sense since they were in X-Factor with Polaris in the 90s and in the previous Magneto team. Hell even Random would have been more interesting !

Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Hush; 06-21-2018 at 02:32 PM.

BANNED

Exodus and Lorna on the same team with Uniscione could be very interesting interactions considering Exodus is a zealot and and Lorna doesnt play around. Unscione is usually very intense too.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 06-15-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I didn't even consider Mimic. He'd be a great choice, and it'd be fun to see which powers he'd pick up. He's also worked with Daken in the past (DARK X-MEN). No-Girl is an odd pick, so I'd like to hear your reasoning for her being there. I'm with you on the rest of them though. And I agree 100% that having the Brotherhood be X-Men adjacent and decent rivals would be really interesting. I could see them being a little more X-Force than straight-up villains, but I'm all for it. A bunch of extremists working together could be really interesting.
    I picked No-girl because i was thinking of the Xorn class and thought what student out that class that i thought would be a good respresentive of mutants that were taught by Magneto. We know Xorn was not Magnus but i was thinking about what if Magneto had his own types of mutants that he trained to be brotherhood members that have been trained by the X-men but maybe sympathetic to Magneto cause to have a less evil/lethal brotherhood. I agree she would be a odd choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

Daken wasn't even supposed to be in X-Men Blue, he was a last minute addition after some talks between Bunn and Mark Paniccia (the previous X-Men editor) :

https://www.cbr.com/cullen-bunn-x-me...d-interview/3/

Just my opinion of course.
    So I guess I can blame Mark for Sabretooth's destruction this past year, going into 2 years. He pulls Uncanny X-Men. Bunn gets Blue, but Pain still takes Sabretooth & Monet, throws them into lesser books, and pushing Daken into Blue.

In that case, I am glad he's gone. lol The longer these books run, the angrier I get. I am wondering why Bunncanny couldn't have gotten the same, if not longer run-time. The sales most have been horrific. Because Weapon X isn't doing too hot, and they're steadily making more chapters. Hard to believe Bunncanny sold badly enough to get cancelled, and WX hasn't gotten there yet.