Page 10 of 170 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Anyone notice that the casting call is for "Egyptian looking"? Banas???

That would be awesome to see the Banas.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    That would be awesome to see the Banas.
    I wonder if we'd get an alternate / second Artemis? Or a feisty, red-headed Artemis stand-in with another name?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wiig looks wonderful.
    I am even more excited now. I have a hunch that Wiig will be incredibly effective as Minerva.
    Since I loved the first film 100 % from top to bottom, from opening to closing, I welcome any changes they make to Barbara; in Patty I trust [that this film will be just as awesome as the first].

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    A combo maybe? Prosthetic for close up and lines, cgi for action?

I wonder which look we'll get. I was always partial to Perez's Barbara Minerva look. It was sexy. On set now they have Wiig in a blonde 80's wig. And Mom Jeans.

Attachment 67363

Attachment 67364
    That is NOT the Wonder Woman 1984 set.
    Those two pictures are from the set of 2016' Masterminds
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Wiig...w=1867&bih=890

The only Wiig-as-Minerva picture out there is the one that Patty Jenkins shared on her Twitter account...

BANNED

Is Cheetah going to come off as too "samey" to Enchantress in Suicide Squad?

Yahoo just posted the first photo of Kristin as Minerva standing in a museum and the description was that she was an archaeologist after an artifact.

So the artifact transforms her into something that isn't quite human and evil

Just from a basic audience standpoint that seems pretty similar.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Grace Randolph has other bad news (about Johns/Jenkins this time): https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...40256319836160

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Grace Randolph has other bad news (about Johns/Jenkins this time): https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/st...40256319836160
    Grace was so full of ‘definitive’ bad news from ‘reliable sources’ before the first film NONE of which panned out and NONE of which she owned up to so I wouldn’t get too worried.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm digging the look for Wiig. I think she's gonna end up killing this. Before Rebirth I would say I wasn't down with Minerva looking so frumpy, but I think it's pretty in character for her to look like that now. Definitely provides a strong contrast with her monstrous transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Yahoo just posted the first photo of Kristin as Minerva standing in a museum and the description was that she was an archaeologist after an artifact.

I don't know if Enchantress's origin was on screen long enough to make enough of an impact on the GA. As long as the execution is far different, and Cheetah does something more than just dance and wave her arms for the last act, we should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Plexter View Post
    Grace was so full of ‘definitive’ bad news from ‘reliable sources’ before the first film NONE of which panned out and NONE of which she owned up to so I wouldn’t get too worried.
    Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure Patty has tweeted a few times about how much she loves working with Johns. So who are we gonna believe, Grace Randolph or Jenkins herself?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I guarantee the only thing most movie-goers remember about Enchantress is that she was a bikini-witch gyrating in front of a CGI sky-beam.

As long as Cheetah's not that, I seriously doubt people will notice the similarity.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I guarantee the only thing most movie-goers remember about Enchantress is that she was a bikini-witch gyrating in front of a CGI sky-beam.

As long as Cheetah's not that, I seriously doubt people will notice the similarity.
    Agreed, there is also the fact that Julie Moon was only a character pre-Enchantress for like less than a minute, and Barbara Minerva will be one of the leads.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Agreed! Speaking of which, do we think Cheetah will be in a bikini? Will she be furry and naked? Furry and some kind of bikini, whether 80s athletic wear or "tribal" gear?

Could they possibly be creating an amalgamation of the Barbara Minerva and Priscilla Rich versions - Barbara acquires the abilities of a god, but doesn't undergo a physical transformation? Instead, she fashions her own "cheetah" skin similar to Priscilla's pieced together costume from the Alex Ross Justice comics, possibly even with the self-mutilation? Or would that be too similar to Selina Kyle's transformation in Batman Returns (which was extremely iconic and memorable)?

I'm inclined to believe that Cheetah will be furry and naked. If Mystique can run around most of the X-Men films "blue, scaly and naked", then surely Cheetah can run around furry and naked (i.e. Wiig will be in a full bodysuit / catsuit).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Agreed, there is also the fact that Julie Moon was only a character pre-Enchantress for like less than a minute, and Barbara Minerva will be one of the leads.
    Agreed. I've learned more about Barbara Ann in this one picture than I was ever told watching 2 hours of Suicide Squad of June Moon. I doubt anyone will make comparisons because quite frankly, June Moon wasn't given enough character for us to compare her with anyone. And this is actually coming from someone (maybe the only person on earth) who actually liked the Enchantress in the movie.

Something I think is weird and a comparison I actually see people making is Barbara Ann to Jamie Foxx as Electro in Amazing Spiderman 2. People seem to think Jenkins is going to take the same bumbling nerd approach and over the top villain transformation to Electro that movie took. Honestly, I don't get that. Again, this one photo gives Barbara Ann a seriousness that Jamie Foxx was never given as everything from his look to his portrayal was goofy, over the top and outlandish. Barbara Ann does not seem like she lacks confidence in this photo to me. She seems sad, self loathing, lost, intelligent and hopeful. She's already given more seriousness and pathos than Jamie ever received in his movie. Until we actually see the first trailer, I think more people will erroneously(?) compare her to Jamie Foxx or Jim Carey's The Riddler (another comparison I've seen although I've never seen that movie so I can't say one way or the other). I've also seen comparisons to Michelle Phieffer's Catwoman, but I have seen absolutely no one compare her to June Moon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Agreed! Speaking of which, do we think Cheetah will be in a bikini? Will she be furry and naked? Furry and some kind of bikini, whether 80s athletic wear or "tribal" gear?

Could they possibly be creating an amalgamation of the Barbara Minerva and Priscilla Rich versions - Barbara acquires the abilities of a god, but doesn't undergo a physical transformation? Instead, she fashions her own "cheetah" skin similar to Priscilla's pieced together costume from the Alex Ross Justice comics, possibly even with the self-mutilation? Or would that be too similar to Selina Kyle's transformation in Batman Returns (which was extremely iconic and memorable)?

I'm inclined to believe that Cheetah will be furry and naked. If Mystique can run around most of the X-Men films "blue, scaly and naked", then surely Cheetah can run around furry and naked (i.e. Wiig will be in a full bodysuit / catsuit).
    I assume their going to go the CGI route. I think Jenkins wants Cheetah to be seen as a serious threat and danger to Wonder Woman and the world and a Cheetah suit would be the complete opposite of that. I wouldn't be surprised if Rucka and Sharp's visual interpretation of Cheetah would be the one Jenkins translates to screen. I hope with the facial tears, as well.