Page 41 of 170 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Patty Jenkins wishes Gal Gadot happy birthday sharing a new picture from WW84:

"Happy Birthday to my most spectacular, incredible, amazing, beautiful, loving, powerful, hilarious and awe inspiring friend and partner. I love you more than words can say. Happy Birthday @GalGadot #WW1984"

https://twitter.com/pattyjenks/statu...64917535186945
    It should be a crime for this woman to be this phyne! LOL
    Richard Alexander

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Patty Jenkins wishes Gal Gadot happy birthday sharing a new picture from WW84:

"Happy Birthday to my most spectacular, incredible, amazing, beautiful, loving, powerful, hilarious and awe inspiring friend and partner. I love you more than words can say. Happy Birthday @GalGadot #WW1984"

https://twitter.com/pattyjenks/statu...64917535186945
    Gorgeous pic! All white definitely works for Gal!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I don't know if it's just me, but even from the still photos, I've the feeling that the movie will have far better sfx than the first one. Am I the only one feeling it ?

Also, I hope that WW 84 will have more of an impact and epicness than SHAZAM! Because it was really the only thing lacking in the latter, and I want the next entry of Wonder Woman to pack a punch !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but even from the still photos, I've the feeling that the movie will have far better sfx than the first one. Am I the only one feeling it ?

Also, I hope that WW 84 will have more of an impact and epicness than SHAZAM! Because it was really the only thing lacking in the latter, and I want the next entry of Wonder Woman to pack a punch !
    Definitely looks like the effects will be better to me. Makes sense, considering that they will no doubt have a bigger budget for this movie.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Well, Patty Jenkins is definitely confident about her movie. She says she wants to move the release date up after watching the first cut.

http://https://comicbook.com/dc/2019...-release-date/

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

The link was borked, here is a working one: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/18/...-release-date/

Here is the actual interview with Jenkins, on video.

In any case, I'm not reading it as that she will push for an earlier release date, more that she can't wait to share the film. But I also guess that they won't need to do any reshoots, likely making the film go in under budget.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    The link was borked, here is a working one: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/18/...-release-date/

In any case, I'm not reading it as that she will push for an earlier release date, more that she can't wait to share the film. But I also guess that they won't need to do any reshoots, likely making the film go in under budget.
    Who knows, maybe its SO GOOD that they will go ahead and green light Wonder Woman 3 soon and she can start production this year. Might have it out by summer of 2021

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Yeah, I doubt it's even possible to move it up at this point. Still a pretty good vote of confidence, though.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Why can't they move it up? They pushed the film back without reason. With the fact the third movie will be set in the present. I hope this means we get Circe. I also hope Cheetah won't be a oneshot villain.

Honestly, I prefer them to not move the movie earlier. Just use the additional time to really polish it.

If they can do without reshoots, then I imagine they easily can cut a month or so from the postproduction process. On the other hand, they are on a date which they are happy with, and I imagine that other good dates earlier in spring are mostly taken by other big movies. I'm sure WB wants to avoid the fate of the poor Shazam! movie, which suffered from a poor scheduling.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Yeah, at this point, the best earlier spots are already taken. Better to remain where they are and use the extra time for quality control.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

All-New Member

I think if Wonder Woman 84 knocks it out of the park and improves from the first movie, it can definitely make 500M+ domestically or at least 400M again. I hope they have way more female characters for Diana to interact with that isn't just Cheetah. For a film about a female protagonist, her origin felt very male-centric.

I want Donna and Cassie to appear! Would be so fun to see Diana interact in a mentor like way with them! Either that or I wish that the Queen went along with Diana outside of the island and they go the approach of a "family roadtrip" movie. I can't wait to see more of her powers on screen.

Speaking of Gal, I find it weird when people talk about there not being an "Asian" superhero or any major "Asian" actresses leading Hollywood Superhero movies but Gal Gadot is from Israel, a country that is considered to be part of "Asia" (West Asia to be specific) but people would get so heated if you call Gal "Asian". Even Gal's native tongue (Hebrew) is literally an Afro-Asiatic language and Asia is a diverse continent with so many native ethnic groups and the people can look like virtually anything.

Like I was taught that Africa is a diverse continent and that not everyone from there looks "black". Same with being taught that not every American or European has an English surname or blue eyes and blonde hair. So why has "Asian" become synonymous with only certain ethnic groups and no one bats an eye when we're also taught that it's a giant diverse continent?
    Last edited by Rogue; 05-26-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I think if Wonder Woman 84 knocks it out of the park and improves from the first movie, it can definitely make 500M+ domestically or at least 400M again. I hope they have way more female characters for Diana to interact with that isn't just Cheetah. For a film about a female protagonist, her origin felt very male-centric.

I want Donna and Cassie to appear! Would be so fun to see Diana interact in a mentor like way with them! Either that or I wish that the Queen went along with Diana outside of the island and they go the approach of a "family roadtrip" movie. I can't wait to see more of her powers on screen.
    I doubt we will see Donna or Cassie in the coming movie—we'd have heard about it by now. At most I can see Donna as a child in a side plot.

And your comment on her origin feeling male-centric shows how conditioned we are to the paternal narrative, since it pushes out the all-female village that raised her! That's part why I'm so adamant about questioning or opposing any attempt to introduce men into her backstory.

Speaking of Gal, I find it weird when people talk about there not being an "Asian" superhero or any major "Asian" actresses leading Hollywood Superhero movies but Gal Gadot is from Israel, a country that is considered to be part of "Asia" (West Asia to be specific) but people would get so heated if you call Gal "Asian". Even Gal's native tongue (Hebrew) is literally an Afro-Asiatic language and Asia is a diverse continent with so many native ethnic groups and the people can look like virtually anything.

Like I was taught that Africa is a diverse continent and that not everyone from there looks "black". Same with being taught that not every American or European has an English surname or blue eyes and blonde hair. So why has "Asian" become synonymous with only certain ethnic groups and no one bats an eye when we're also taught that it's a giant diverse continent?
    Geographic labels have very little to do with race labels. At times, you just have to accept that similar words means different things in different contexts.

Note that Gal Gadot is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent, and they have been European inhabitants for close to a thousand years, maybe more.

Middle Eastern nations are rarely refereed to as Asian. The same is true for someone like Jason Momoa who is half-Hawaiian as the Polynesia triangle is part of Asia as well.

I do agree that there is something odd though how the media uses terms like Asian. Most of the time, its only used for East Asian people and it often obfuscates actors/character actual ethnic background. You would never hear an actor like Emma Watson be refereed to as a European, but Constance Wu is frequently refereed to as an Asian-American actress (She's probably ethnically Han, her family is fro Taiwan).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut