Page 101 of 170 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2541
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah, it's basically take a smaller amount of money now to help pay the bills, or wait until some unprojectable time next year (or, help us, 2022...) when they can make a lot more. It's a lose-lose situation. If WB has debtors, they probably are anxious to pay that stuff off sooner than later.
    I suspect it doesn’t help that even before the pandemic it had been sitting on the shelf a while since it was actually filmed.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I suspect it doesn’t help that even before the pandemic it had been sitting on the shelf a while since it was actually filmed.
    Going against Frozen 2 and James Bond was not really a good plan then especially frozen 2. June 2020 looked great especially to cross 1 billion milestone.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Going against Frozen 2 and James Bond was not really a good plan then especially frozen 2. June 2020 looked great especially to cross 1 billion milestone.
    Now that I think back on it, the first Frozen was able to become a pop culture phenomenon despite opening and running very close to the dates that Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire played. CF was not just a box office smash, but a much bigger hit than its predecessor, which was already a big hit. I always felt that both Frozen 2 and WW84 could have perfectly co-existed and thrived at the box office in the same year, especially during the holiday season. I know it's a moot point now, but oh well...

ETA: OMG...two new TV spots with new plenty new footage!! I am literally crying (seriously...this makes me so emotional...)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvhSE1w9plE
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 11-24-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Spectacular Member

Omgg this movie has so much new footage from HBO Max to the Vietnamese trailer to the Swarovski footage awwwgghhhhhh my god today!!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This really should have been released back in 2019.

In hindsight, Star Wars probably wasn't going to be that much of a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This really should have been released back in 2019.

In hindsight, Star Wars probably wasn't going to be that much of a problem...
    Yeah, but remember that it was Patty Jenkins and her team who pushed for a summer of 2020 release because she didn't want to be in danger of rushing post-production. Now, it appears that the script and principal photography was good enough that they could have released it in November 2019, but there was no way to know that in spring of 2019.

Given the way that WB botched JL, I think making sure the filmmakers had enough time for doing their stuff most definitely was the right thing to do from a pure decision-making standpoint.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I’ve got to say, Pedro pascal / max lord looks a lot better here than he does on the poster..

Warner Bros is doubling down and releasing their entire theatrical slate for 2021 in theaters and HBO Max simultaneously! Crazy!

That actually indicates they may like the response they were getting with the Wonder Woman announcement. If so, the movie will still be successful in some regards.

Wonder Woman 1984 is getting positive reactions

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/wo...-reactions/?#2

Those reactions are encouraging, especially for Wiig and Pascal.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Wonder Woman 1984 is getting positive reactions

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/wo...-reactions/?#2
    That's great to hear .

spoilers:
    That one reviewer saying we need more of Wiig makes me hope the leaks were just one possible cut, and she remains Cheetah at the end for the official release. I'm not sure if the take away would be quite as "heartbreaking and epic" if her transformation is undone at the end. Though it could just be me reading too much into this
    end of spoilers

Have to say, still not a fan of Lord being here, but sounds like Pascal will make it worth it at least from these reactions so far.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Could this film end up with even better reviews than the first??? OMG...it would be so amazing.