Page 161 of 170 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2540

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And how do you know it's the same people? Or did you just make that up to invalidate any criticism of this plot point?

Also, I haven't heard of immortal Amazons carrying the decapitated heads of their victims but that sure didn't stop people from making a mountain out of that particular mole hill when it didn't even make it into the movie.
    easy equation, read their tweets, they lose no occasion to try and diminish a movie that is not of their favorite director. Not just with the rape plot idiotic theory, now their target is Patty Jenkins, as someone has fed them the lie that she cut all ties with their idol. Who was the mind behind Jenkins first movie and its all his credit that it did well.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    easy equation, read their tweets, they lose no occasion to try and diminish a movie that is not of their favorite director. Not just with the rape plot idiotic theory, now their target is Patty Jenkins, as someone has fed them the lie that she cut all ties with their idol. Who was the mind behind Jenkins first movie and its all his credit that it did well.
    I've read their tweets. The complaints about the rape aren't coming from Snyder fans. They're coming from people who are actually the exact opposite. Hating this movie and hating Snyder movies are not incompatible.

It really comes across like you're just pissed that this movie isn't as as well recieved as the first so you're looking for any reason to invalidate the criticisms. Ironically, the very thing Snyder fans get accused of.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-19-2021 at 12:36 AM.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There is already an entire thread all about this subject. Everything you said has already been said by various people. Me, along with others, have already stated why it's ridiculous to discuss this as if it was problematic.

I would recomend you just go read the 17 pages of discussion on there instead of stating old arguments. The thread is closed though, because it went on for far too many days and by the end there was nothing more to be said.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...about-it/page1
    Yes, please. Let them go there and circular-talk the heck out of this "controversy" that only a few loud internet denizens cared about. Oh wait...the thread was closed because the arguments and ridiculousness kept on being repeated ad nauseaum. It's a ridiculous argument that nobody in the GA who saw the film brought up. It's the kind of argument that truly justifies why comic book nerds and SJWs the bad rep they always get.

YES! I find Barbara Minerva far less interesting than Priscilla Rich, and I really want Priscilla to be revamped. Don't try to make her sympathetic, make her a really messed up woman that has no desire of getting better

By day she is an aristocrat in the world of dark fashion. She looks and behaves kind of like Marla from Fight Club. She is has something deeply wrong with her, like she always on a combination of anti depressants, heroine, and hangover, even though she doesn't do any of those drugs. She sells really high fashion clothes made out of the rarest skins in the world. These skins are of mythical creatures, like phoenix's, unicorns, etc.

Attachment 106300
    Attachment 106301
    Attachment 106302

OMG...that would be BRILLIANT casting. Absolutely brilliant. Helena Bonham Carter as Priscilla Rich??? Wow. Can we get her in at least a cameo for WW3? Maybe some sort of flashback of Diana having met that lady in the 1940s or something???
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 02-19-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Would be cool, but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Huh.

Sex without consent between partners is rape.

This has been depicted in various ways in science fiction and fantasy throughout the years.

I don't want to say it was rape in WW84, I get no pleasure from it and I certainly don't wish to trigger any real life rape survivors...

But that's what it was. She used the random man's body...she touched his private parts....not Steve's...and she never even told him afterwards. And that meeting was framed as a "meet cute". Gross.

This being a fantasy movie doesn't change that.
    If she kills fantasy characters does that mean it's not a death or murder because the character couldn't exist in real life..? I don't think so.

I'm not looking to argue with folks but come on...it was a rape. She is supposed to be a principled character and we don't want it to be the legacy of the film but...that's what it was. Her being pretty or a heroine doesn't absolve her of that.
    How is it rape if the guy is magically deleted from his body? The usual tropes of magical possession are absent here: no inner struggle between host and invader; no sharing of memories; no hazy recall of events.
    This no worse than Steve Roger's going back in time, taking another man's wife, and wiping out his children.

BANNED

Would be cool, but probably not.
    Someday, when they inevitably reboot the DCEU or when Gal Gadot ages out of the role and they inevitably make new Wonder Woman films, I truly hope that the mythology they build around cinematic Diana includes Priscilla Rich. Not that i don't like Barbara (I love her) but I think that Priscilla is such a classic component of the WW mythos that she needs to be a part of the movies.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 02-22-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Incredible Member

How is it rape if the guy is magically deleted from his body? The usual tropes of magical possession are absent here: no inner struggle between host and invader; no sharing of memories; no hazy recall of events.
    Those tropes are absent because they would only underscore how gross this was.

If the genders were swapped there would be no argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've read their tweets. The complaints about the rape aren't coming from Snyder fans. They're coming from people who are actually the exact opposite. Hating this movie and hating Snyder movies are not incompatible.

It really comes across like you're just pissed that this movie isn't as as well recieved as the first so you're looking for any reason to invalidate the criticisms. Ironically, the very thing Snyder fans get accused of.
    Come on, their tweets keep repeating the lies Randolph fed them. They keep attacking Jenkins and Johns based on her lies. They are not new at ripping non snyder movies, they have done this with all DCEU movies, and when those movies do well its either because of Snyder's "supposed involvement" or because of special effects.
    They will do the same with future movies.

That the movie was not well received, time will tell, I believe it will become a cult movie like Superman II. I need no reason to invalidate criticisms I am a DC fan, not a fan of a particular director.

DC movies should be above any director being Snyder, Wan or Jenkins, its really tiring instead of supporting DCEU movies we get into this tribal factions. It's sad, However it did not originate from fans of Wan or Jenkins, but from people obsessed with a director who's take has failed. Have you ever seen people tweeting #moreJenkinmovies #moreJamesWan all over the place even on topics that have nothing to do with movies?

Or are we going to deny that his movies did nearly kill the DCEU in its infancy? While Marvel movies keep doing well making DC bite the dust, WB is still trying to get back on its feet.

When do you guys think Wonder Woman 3 will come out?

I remember in an interview Patty said she will be working on Rouge Squadron, Wonder Woman 3 and Cleopatra at the same time. Of course she didn't mean filming them at the same time but working on scripts and the pre-production process while filming another movie.

I remember she said over a month ago that she was nearly done with the pre-production for Rouge Squadron, so they will probably start filming soon, depending on how elaborate the sets are, maybe Lucasfilm's will let her use that big fancy dome they used for the Mandalorian. I suspect she'll be revisiting the Wonder Woman 3 script while filming Rouge Squadron and also planning the pre-production faze at the same time. I wonder if she's going to film Wonder Woman 3 between reshoots for Rogue Squadron, that might be too chaotic though. Regardless, it's possible Wonder Woman 3 could start filming before the end of the year.

It usually takes 2 years to create a movie from inception to final edit. It's actually possible that Wonder Woman 3 could come out in 2023. And since Rogue Squadron is scheduled for December (like every star wars movie, for them Christmas toy sales) Wonder Woman 3 could premier before Rouge Squadron despite being filmed after.

I don't think Patty will start filming Cleopatra before Wonder Woman 3, so that movie probably wont come out till 2025.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Finally finished the film LOL. Wow this was stinky the 2nd act was so boring I put it off for a month, the whole Steve Trevor thing was super super dumb so Pine was for the audience. WW pining (pun intended) over Steve was so cringe that was basically all her character this movie, to the point she was happy to keep kidnapping this poor bloke. All of the "development" between her and Barbara happened so quick, they literally just met and Barbara all of a sudden idolises her. Diana going "no made me laugh as much as you" despite what film completely cutting that she said was soooo funny.

You cannot take a film serious that has an entire scene revolve around someone being called a loser lmao who wrote this script. Pascal over acting the whole film, the golden warrior outfit looked so goofy and Cheetah's look wow Cats 2 the sequel haha. Final fight was atrocious. I am beginning to wonder if someone shadow directed WW1 because the directing is just night and day.

2/10 for the first opening scene that was genuinely excellent (in which that lesson never came to play) and the score.
    Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan; 02-22-2021 at 07:11 AM.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Incredible Member

...how is Superman 2 a cult film? Its widely regarded as an excellent follow up to the first...

Maybe folks have different understandings of the term cult film...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    When do you guys think Wonder Woman 3 will come out?

I remember in an interview Patty said she will be working on Rouge Squadron, Wonder Woman 3 and Cleopatra at the same time. Of course she didn't mean filming them at the same time but working on scripts and the pre-production process while filming another movie.

I remember she said over a month ago that she was nearly done with the pre-production for Rouge Squadron, so they will probably start filming soon, depending on how elaborate the sets are, maybe Lucasfilm's will let her use that big fancy dome they used for the Mandalorian. I suspect she'll be revisiting the Wonder Woman 3 script while filming Rouge Squadron and also planning the pre-production faze at the same time. I wonder if she's going to film Wonder Woman 3 between reshoots for Rogue Squadron, that might be too chaotic though. Regardless, it's possible Wonder Woman 3 could start filming before the end of the year.

It usually takes 2 years to create a movie from inception to final edit. It's actually possible that Wonder Woman 3 could come out in 2023. And since Rogue Squadron is scheduled for December (like every star wars movie, for them Christmas toy sales) Wonder Woman 3 could premier before Rouge Squadron despite being filmed after.

I don't think Patty will start filming Cleopatra before Wonder Woman 3, so that movie probably wont come out till 2025.
    I selfishly hope that WW3 comes out sooner than later, but...I truly would not mind them taking their sweet time if it meant that they will steer this slightly damaged ship in the right direction. Let them thoroughly assess their missteps, polish the script, and ensure that all the pieces of the puzzle are solidly connecting. I have no idea how any director could juggle three films in what seems like a relatively limited amount of time, let alone three would-be blockbuster films. A Star Wars film, a superhero movie, and a glittering historical epic: these ain't no indie films for sure. I wish Jenkins the best of luck in these very daunting endeavors, and I hope she comes out on top.

Incredible Member

I also think the third film may be tricky for those very reasons. Gadot won't be playing this character for another six years...and they'll want to make sure they deliver a better script for the third one. How will that timeline come together? We'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if comes out after Rogue Squadron and Cleopatra, and might also depend on the performance of those two films. Probably also why WB wants an Amazons film to keep the brand in the public consciousness.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if comes out after Rogue Squadron and Cleopatra, and might also depend on the performance of those two films. Probably also why WB wants an Amazons film to keep the brand in the public consciousness.
    Today I was talking to a co-worker who is a long-time fan of WW. We were discussing the new Superman & Lois TV show and the topic of keeping WW in the public consciousness between movies came up (especially post WW84, a film that might or might have not tarnished the luster of WW the cinematic brand a little). I argued that WB/DC should give Diana the same amount of ancillary media love that Supes and Bats gets ---animated solo shows, live-action prequels or "sidequels" or whatnot.
    And we could not understand why the CW can make all these shows about Stargirl, Flash, Green Arrow et al, but never one about Donna, the Amazons, or even Diana herself. What's the real reason for Diana not appearing in anything else? It cannot be "lack of popularity," right? Was anyone clamoring for a Stargirl TV show? Certainly, Wonder Woman is infinitely better known and a more "sellable" brand than Stargirl.