Page 61 of 170 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast

I know trailers aren't all-indicative but I'm already expecting this to be better than the first.

I just hope that when part 3 finally happens, the time period pretty much officially divorces it from any of the Snyder-verse stuff. This is way too good for that mess.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This got me super hyped! I got the same chills I recall getting from the trailer of the first movie - especially during the quick cuts to Themyscira! I'm still not diggin Kristen Wiig and I have a feeling her "Cheetah" will be the films weakest link, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong. Also, not loving the screaming chicken armor, but nevertheless, I'm on board!

It occurs to me that Cheetah in this movie seems to be a better executed Electro from Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I just want to say the trailer is amazing: from the techno music, to the lasso effect, to the action, to the humor, to the 1980s' style graphics, it is, wonderful.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-08-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Can I also say that I’m really loving the lasso tricks in the trailer. I especially like that one spiral motion used to hit one of those armed guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm wondering if the effects for Cheetah aren't quite done yet, hence why we didn't see her. We did see a big of Barbara seemingly growing in confidence though.
    Considering how much flack trailers get for unfinished CG, I think it's a good idea they didn't show Cheetah yet.

All-New Member

I love the trailer

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

So she's ditched the sword and shield. Makes sense since she's trying to be a legit superhero now.

Lasso combat looks way cooler anyway.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like the brighter colors of the costume, the lassoing of lightning bolts, the tiara being used as a weapon, and the fact that Steve is back. I was kind of hoping Diana would add a red star to her tiara and some white ones to her skirt.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 12-08-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how much flack trailers get for unfinished CG, I think it's a good idea they didn't show Cheetah yet.
    Hmmm, I was wondering about the CG specifically. I'm sorry, but I just don't like DCEU special effects. I don't understand the complaints about how the MCU movies look similar or "lack style" or whatever, nobody should apologize for making something that looks good. I think it's the lighting techniques that the CGI artists that DC hires use. It looks cartoon; yes, I know these are comic super heroes, but if you're going to make this a live-action piece, then please try to get more natural-looking shots.

Otherwise, the trailer brings an appropriate amount of hype.

I think they did it on purpose. They want to make it a surprise.

Spectacular Member

Maxwell from what I got in the trailer seems like the general in WW1
    Maybe he will end up killed by the real boss(cheetah? Crice?) with his broken neck again of course.

So year some of the costumes due some a little more like 90s but than again a lot of decade mores do mix some costumes up

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Hmmm, I was wondering about the CG specifically. I'm sorry, but I just don't like DCEU special effects. I don't understand the complaints about how the MCU movies look similar or "lack style" or whatever, nobody should apologize for making something that looks good. I think it's the lighting techniques that the CGI artists that DC hires use. It looks cartoon; yes, I know these are comic super heroes, but if you're going to make this a live-action piece, then please try to get more natural-looking shots.

Otherwise, the trailer brings an appropriate amount of hype.
    The difference between Marvel and DC is the Marvel movies are shot on digital whereas I believe DC's were all shot on film so you get a bit of grain, it's not as sharp which lots of people prefer actually. In fact, it’s not unusual to digitally add grain in order to mimic film, I always set the camera at ISO 400-1600 to get a good amount of grain. It's also considerably more expensive and less convenient to shoot on analogue film so DC is actually going out of their way to achieve this sort of image quality

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    The difference between Marvel and DC is the Marvel movies are shot on digital whereas I believe DC's were all shot on film so you get a bit of grain, it's not as sharp which lots of people prefer actually. In fact, it’s not unusual to digitally add grain in order to mimic film, I always set the camera at ISO 400-1600 to get a good amount of grain. It's also considerably more expensive and less convenient to shoot on analogue film so DC is actually going out of their way to achieve this sort of image quality
    Interesting. Assuming this is all correct, thanks for the explanation.

I guess the funny thing is that WB is spending more money to achieve a lesser (IMO, of course) product. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.