Page 94 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2541

Just caught the trailer. I generally don't like the DCEU's CGI, and unfortunately, the Cheetah fight looks like more of the same. The lighting imagery they use in these movies just makes everything look fake. I'm half hyped for the movie, and so far the trailer doesn't do anything to hurt that, but it's a bit disappointing to see that they're sticking with the general CGI direction.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    A new statuette of Cheetah and Diana:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sup...heetah-yet/amp
    Not a fan of this look, tbh. The face is too human, makes her look more like a vampire or a zombie. And where are the spots? I miss the red hair as well.
    The spots can be spotted in the trailer: https://dceumythic.com/2020/08/23/4k...trailer-shots/

Maybe the statue is based on an early design which downplayed the spots for some reason?

I agree about the face and hair. The blonde hair "blends" with the fur a little too well for me. If Cheetah is going to have hair, I'd prefer a little more contrast (although I guess it makes a certain amount of sense that her "fur" would generally be the same colour as her "hair").

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like the blonde hair because it matches with her fur. Either that or the hairless version.
    The red hair stands out more, but it doesn't look like it grows from the same creature. At least if you want contrast should be black to match the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The red hair stands out more, but it doesn't look like it grows from the same creature. At least if you want contrast should be black to match the spots.
    Well, cheetahs don't have hair in real life, so who says its colour has to match the fur's colour? Though I also prefer the fur to be more orange or at least bright yellow, in the trailer it looks almost white.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

She’s a light tan colour like her animal counterpart, nothing wrong with that as far as I’m concerned, she looks good imo. You just can’t see her very well though ’cause it’s so dark and the background doesn’t provide any contrast, that’s where the “problem” lies for me.

I mean take a look at this, it's camouflage

I hope there's a good reason for that scene to be that dark, it seems like they're trying to hide Cheetah

Also this:

I hope Patty makes her fly in the third movie
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 08-25-2020 at 05:59 PM.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I hope there's a good reason for that scene to be that dark, it seems like they're trying to hide Cheetah

Also this:

I hope Patty makes her fly in the third movie
    If the leaks are true, you won't have to wait for a second sequel to get your wish...
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 08-25-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Well, cheetahs don't have hair in real life, so who says its colour has to match the fur's colour? Though I also prefer the fur to be more orange or at least bright yellow, in the trailer it looks almost white.
    Hair fur same thing

Hopefully, H.G. Peter finally gets accredited for co-creating Wonder Woman. His name hasn't been mentioned in the byline for far too long. He deserves to be officially acknowledged.

BANNED

Amazing life-size statues!! Cheetah's spots are...interesting.
    118460001_3117786084986150_4200784447068183359_o.jpg

One of the songs for the film from Hans Zimmer, bit of a remix of the "Is She With You" from BvS and the first film.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Amazing life-size statues!! Cheetah's spots are...interesting.
    118460001_3117786084986150_4200784447068183359_o.jpg
    I feel like the designs on her fur change with every new thing we see of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    One of the songs for the film from Hans Zimmer, bit of a remix of the "Is She With You" from BvS and the first film.

Nice!

Really need to hear Zimmer's Cheetah related music.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I feel like the designs on her fur change with every new thing we see of her.

Nice!

Really need to hear Zimmer's Cheetah related music.
    I imagine some of this Cheetah merch is based off earlier concept art, even that image that first leaked a while back doesn't line up 100% with what we've seen in the trailers. Similar to how the Ares toys from the first film didn't look like how he did in the actual movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not sure I'm that happy with that music, to me it sets the wrong kind of mood for Themyscira. It's more urgent and choppy than giving a sense of calm, strength, and depth that suddenly can explode into action. Gregson-Williams's score managed that beautifully, and I don't get that sense from the above piece.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Not sure I'm that happy with that music, to me it sets the wrong kind of mood for Themyscira. It's more urgent and choppy than giving a sense of calm, strength, and depth that suddenly can explode into action. Gregson-Williams's score managed that beautifully, and I don't get that sense from the above piece.
    Based on all reports and leaks, the only Themyscira scenes we get in this film deal with their Olympics. I feel that this piece conveys the excitement and thrill of a sports events set in an amazon nation. I definitely like it, despite feeling that Gregson-Williams' score for the first movie was glorious.