Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 739
  1. #706
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This is good to hear.
    "Spy romance" is kind of a swerve. Maybe not totally unexpected with the "1984" stuff, but I'm curious to see how they are going to squeeze all this into that theme. I don't care if the film is "slow" and romantic, as long as it is deliberately paced and has strong character work and the action we DO get is good.

    The good buzz for Wiig is especially great to hear. She's my most anticipated element.

  2. #707
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Spy romance is a little odd - simply because there didn't seem to be any obvious "spy" elements in the film based on the set reports (although Diana could be working for a spy agency or the villain could have ties to some kind of "evil" spy organisation).

    But, a romantic comedy adventure along the lines of Romancing the Stone is ... interesting. It's going to be a long wait until it's 1984 again!

  3. #708
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    281

    Default

    List of Important Elements:

    A good story that shows how WW:

    a) Kicks good arse...this was the premise of all superhero comics

    b) great character interaction

    c) Steve Trevor is fine, but it's not his movie and he should not be the star.

    I hope Gal Gadot has been working on her acting.

  4. #709
    Spectacular Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    List of Important Elements:

    A good story that shows how WW:

    a) Kicks good arse...this was the premise of all superhero comics

    b) great character interaction

    c) Steve Trevor is fine, but it's not his movie and he should not be the star.

    I hope Gal Gadot has been working on her acting.
    And from the test screening that A and C part are doubtful

  5. #710
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    And from the test screening that A and C part are doubtful
    Please cite evidence or refrain from making such statements.

    Do you have any quotes from the test screening that say that Diana doesn't kick ass, or that Steve Trevor is the star of the film?
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

  6. #711
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,658

    Default

    It's a spoilers thread, so I'll leave it here, click it at your own risk:

    EXCLUSIVE: Plot, Character Details Revealed For ‘Wonder Woman: 1984’: http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...er-woman-1984/

    Take it with a grain of salt anyway.

  7. #712
    Spectacular Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Please cite evidence or refrain from making such statements.

    Do you have any quotes from the test screening that say that Diana doesn't kick ass, or that Steve Trevor is the star of the film?
    I am sorry but if the fight scenes, CGI and power level were good. Wouldn't they be saying positive things about that.
    Aquaman test screening was all about how incredible the CGI and underwater action was.
    Test Screening usually is about what is the best things about thing about the movie and if the action was really good they would mention it.

  8. #713
    Spectacular Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's a spoilers thread, so I'll leave it here, click it at your own risk:

    EXCLUSIVE: Plot, Character Details Revealed For ‘Wonder Woman: 1984’: http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...er-woman-1984/

    Take it with a grain of salt anyway.
    Wow, thank you.

  9. #714

  10. #715
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I am sorry but if the fight scenes, CGI and power level were good. Wouldn't they be saying positive things about that.
    Aquaman test screening was all about how incredible the CGI and underwater action was.
    Test Screening usually is about what is the best things about thing about the movie and if the action was really good they would mention it.
    Considering how early this test screening is and that the fx aren't completed, and that we've only got really vague responses and hints, I disagree.

  11. #716
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    That also assumes that the rumours around test screenings are in fact true. And no, I generally don't think that whatever happens to be posted on thiscooldmoviesite.com is worth getting worked up about or discuss.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  12. #717
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I am sorry but if the fight scenes, CGI and power level were good. Wouldn't they be saying positive things about that.
    Aquaman test screening was all about how incredible the CGI and underwater action was.
    Test Screening usually is about what is the best things about thing about the movie and if the action was really good they would mention it.
    Aquaman was also a "shut your brain off and enjoy the spectacle" kind of movie, so of course those were the big takeaways along with Momoa's shirtless self. Similarly, Godzilla: KOTM got a lot of good buzz in the lead up for the monster spectacle, but got trashed by critics. Undeservedly overall IMO, but the main point of that movie was CGI/spectacle over the performances.

    This buzz focusing on the performances, especially the villain, is hopefully a good indicator that this film will be more than a mindless pretty picture show. If the buzz was all about the CGI and the action, I'd actually be kind of worried. Story and acting is better, and this tweet doesn't indicate anything else about the movie lacking in action. Because if it's good action, it will be lumped in with the rest of it.

  13. #718
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's a spoilers thread, so I'll leave it here, click it at your own risk:

    EXCLUSIVE: Plot, Character Details Revealed For ‘Wonder Woman: 1984’: http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...er-woman-1984/

    Take it with a grain of salt anyway.
    Thank you. Interesting. I don't particularly like it, but I can understand the reasons behind that approach. I hope that this doesn't detract from Barbara's agency too much.

  14. #719
    Spectacular Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Considering how early this test screening is and that the fx aren't completed, and that we've only got really vague responses and hints, I disagree.
    The movie was suppose to release in November. Remember. It is finished. It was only postponed because of Frozen 2.

  15. #720
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    The movie was suppose to release in November. Remember. It is finished. It was only postponed because of Frozen 2.
    Source? Especially since there are three weeks between November 1 (original release date for WW84) and November 22 (Frozen 2 release date).

    Meanwhile, WW84's production team were all lobbying for the 2020 summer release.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •