Page 19 of 170 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol what canon are they concerned about exactly? JL, the movie they didn't have any faith in and pretty much sent out into the world to die and rush through Snyder's arc so they can move on? The one that practically nobody in the casual audience went to see? They don't have much of a plan for their canon, they make it up as they go along.

There's not a lot of canon they could contradict if she flies in WW84. Her powers were growing at the end of the first film and she's had some decades to hone them, and her power displays in BvS were too quick and vague that people couldn't tell if she could fly or not. That means WW84 would only contradict JL, and I think you are overestimating how much people care about that movie's continuity being honored beyond the broad strokes. If she flies in WW84, nobody in the casual audience is going to stand up and say "BUT WHY DIDN'T SHE FLY IN JL IF IT TAKES PLACE AFTER?!" because it sucked and nobody cares about it.
    That's pretty much what I'm hoping for.

Justice League was a disaster and I seriously doubt Warner's going to be breathing down filmmakers' necks about upholding its continuity. Hell, for a while there was talk of using Flash's movie to retcon it out entirely.
    Filmmakers generally don't care about this sort of thing unless they fear alienating the audience--and even then, they might not care that much. I mean we're getting the second Halloween movie retcon later this year and I don't see anyone who made it sweating about confusing audiences by bringing Jamie Lee Curtis back.

No one's losing sleep over Justice League. The only thing that will carry on is Superman not being dead anymore. The end.

Warner seems to be easing up on the shared continuity thing anyway with the whole "Worlds of DC" rebranding.
    The last Matt Reeves spoke about his Batman movie, he all but said it's going to be its own thing and he's not worrying about how it fits with the other movies. We got two or three Joker movies which may or may not tie into anything. I guarantee Aquaman is going to have, at most, a vague reference or throwaway line and nothing more.

So if Patty Jenkins wants Diana to fly, I don't see some exec at Warner crying about how she didn't in Justice League. They already let her throw aside the "I walked away from mankind 100 years ago" thing.
    Warner seems to want everyone to just forget Justice League.

And personally, I'll be happy to oblige them.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I hope so even though I don't trust DC!
    It's wise to never put complete trust in DC/WB.They've kinda screwed the pooch with this whole thing except her and Harley, and even then there is room for improvement for both.

But even they cannot be so stupid to be concerned with a movie that they don't give much indication they care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm hoping for.

Justice League was a disaster and I seriously doubt Warner's going to be breathing down filmmakers' necks about upholding its continuity. Hell, for a while there was talk of using Flash's movie to retcon it out entirely.
    Filmmakers generally don't care about this sort of thing unless they fear alienating the audience--and even then, they might not care that much. I mean we're getting the second Halloween movie retcon later this year and I don't see anyone who made it sweating about confusing audiences by bringing Jamie Lee Curtis back.

No one's losing sleep over Justice League. The only thing that will carry on is Superman not being dead anymore. The end.

Warner seems to be easing up on the shared continuity thing anyway with the whole "Worlds of DC" rebranding.
    The last Matt Reeves spoke about his Batman movie, he all but said it's going to be its own thing and he's not worrying about how it fits with the other movies. We got two or three Joker movies which may or may not tie into anything. I guarantee Aquaman is going to have, at most, a vague reference or throwaway line and nothing more.

So if Patty Jenkins wants Diana to fly, I don't see some exec at Warner crying about how she didn't in Justice League. They already let her throw aside the "I walked away from mankind 100 years ago" thing.
    Warner seems to want everyone to just forget Justice League.

And personally, I'll be happy to oblige them.
    Yes, excellent example with the Halloween films, and the bolded is pretty dead on. Even the new Superman films (if we ever get them) will only do broad strokes to distant themselves.

And yes, Jenkins and Gadot have both voiced that they came to the creative decision that Diana wouldn't walk away from humanity and decided to change it. That line is a bigger deal than not displaying a certain power in a forgettable movie. The latter is an easier fix. If people don't care about the contradiction of the former, they won't give a crap about the latter.

Worst case? She doesn't fly in WW84 but it is still successful that a third film is a given, and we get flight in a modern say sequel. Then we'd get almost everything that matters in a self contained trilogy. The lack of Amazon tech is annoying, but such is the price of Perez's run being so influential. And much like the WW DTV or Rucka's Year One, Themyscira can look ancient at a glance but has highly advanced stuff integrated in that comes out when necessary (the Invisible Plane and a force field in the former, the jet and the Purple Ray in the latter).

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

She intercepted one of his punches with a swing of her sword, after the shield had been knocked away from her, overpowered it and then chopped the arm off.

Yeah, what a nerfed weakling she is. You cannot attribute all this to the shield and the sword. Place those weapons in Batman's hand, and he still would have been completely SOL. They are not remotely effective against Doomsday without a top tier metahuman wielding them.
    I said no such thing, she's obviously got superhuman strength, however, she's substantially weaker than Superman as Justice League made abundantly clear, and it's only thanks to her shield that Wonder Woman survived the battle in one-piece

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Do you know which character Pedro Pascal plays in WW84? Any idea?

I’ve heard Hades and I’ve heard Apollo but nothing concrete.

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...80155007750144

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I said no such thing, she's obviously got superhuman strength, however, she's substantially weaker than Superman as Justice League made abundantly clear, and it's only thanks to her shield that Wonder Woman survived the battle in one-piece
    But as Vanguard pointed out, she lost the shield during the fight and got knocked around a bit, and still seemed ready to go several rounds. It helped her, but she didn't need it to survive at all. So by saying she survived in one piece thanks to it makes it sound like you're attributing her success in the fight to the shield, which is just flat out not the case.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

But as Vanguard pointed out, she lost the shield during the fight and got knocked around a bit, and still seemed ready to go several rounds. It helped her, but she didn't need it to survive at all. So by saying she survived in one piece thanks to it makes it sound like you're attributing her success in the fight to the shield, which is just flat out not the case.
    I don’t know what cut of Batman v Superman you and Vanguard saw but in the one that they released here in my country, and the rest of the world, that’s not how the scene played out. She didn’t lose her shield “midfight”, the battle was all but lost at that point, the doomy music was already playing in the background, without the shield Wonder Woman was pretty much f@£$%ed. And believe me, had this not been her silver screen debut, the fight would’ve gone the way of Death of Superman with Wonder Woman bludgeoned half to death. Perhaps that's why the superman fans were so bummed, his vast immense superiority wasn't conveyed properly. That mistake was rectified in Justice League. Btw, the smile was ad-libbed and doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene
    Last edited by VonHammersmark; 08-21-2018 at 06:43 PM.

I don’t know what cut of Batman v Superman you and Vanguard saw but in the one that they released here in my country, and the rest of the world, that’s not how the scene played out. She didn’t lose her shield “midfight”, the battle was all but lost at that point, the doomy music was already playing in the background, without the shield Wonder Woman was pretty much screwed. And believe me, had this not been her silver screen debut, the fight would’ve gone the way of Death of Superman with Wonder Woman bludgeoned half to death. Perhaps that's why the Superman fans were so bummed, his vast immense superiority wasn't conveyed properly. That mistake was rectified in Justice League. Btw, the smile was ad-libbed and doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene
    Sure it did! She's been around for 100 years and hasn't had a challenge in all that time (this is before we knew there would be a 1984 )

She went through that fight without getting so much as a scratch, never going down for more than a few seconds, and obviously causing Doomsday pain and damage.

She takes the full blast of his eyebeams without budging and without the shield but with the bracelets.

And the 'doomy music' plays because he grows the spike that will kill Superman (foreshadowy music)...from the arm Diana just lopped off without having the shield in hand.

In BvS Diana kicks serious butt. Likewise in Wonder Woman.

It's not until JLA that she falls short in order to elevate Superman, which is why I hate that movie and can't watch it again. Her opening scene shows superspeed/bullet time reflexes and speed and she's highly competent until Superman comes back. At that point, all of the JL could just pack up and go home since they clearly aren't needed, Diana included.

I should add, for those who haven't seen it, that Diana lays out her issues with BvS quite clearly in her open letter to Bruce

https://www.vox.com/2016/3/29/113231...n-wonder-woman

I don’t know what cut of Batman v Superman you and Vanguard saw but in the one that they released here in my country, and the rest of the world, that’s not how the scene played out. She didn’t lose her shield “midfight”, the battle was all but lost at that point, the doomy music was already playing in the background, without the shield Wonder Woman was pretty much f@£$%ed. And believe me, had this not been her silver screen debut, the fight would’ve gone the way of Death of Superman with Wonder Woman bludgeoned half to death. Perhaps that's why the superman fans were so bummed, his vast immense superiority wasn't conveyed properly. That mistake was rectified in Justice League. Btw, the smile was ad-libbed and doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene
    Hi. Here's a video that demonstrates how your summation is incorrect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabwZTXzFVs
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

(Wonder Woman's versus Doomsday in BvS)

Btw, the smile was ad-libbed and doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene

Oh, it makes perfect sense to me, and it is similar to Robin Wright's/Antiope's smile in the opening battle of Wonder Woman the movie: finally a proper fight!

Do you think they will keep being back Steve ? By that I don’t mean back to life but in someway in the sequels. Maybe a flashback. I mena Pines did sign multiple picture deal

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you think they will keep being back Steve ? By that I don’t mean back to life but in someway in the sequels. Maybe a flashback. I mena Pines did sign multiple picture deal
    I think for WW84 he's back to 'life' but he will also die again. Diana learns some kind of lesson here that made her so resolute about bringing Superman back.

After this, I doubt we'll see him for Part 3 (Wonder Woman 2022?)

I don’t know what cut of Batman v Superman you and Vanguard saw but in the one that they released here in my country, and the rest of the world, that’s not how the scene played out. She didn’t lose her shield “midfight”,
    Vanguard and I are not the only posters disagreeing with you, I think you might just be mis-membering the way the fight played out?

the battle was all but lost at that point, the doomy music was already playing in the background, without the shield Wonder Woman was pretty much f@£$%ed.
    She cut off his arm and restrained him with the lasso long after she lost the shield.

And believe me, had this not been her silver screen debut, the fight would’ve gone the way of Death of Superman with Wonder Woman bludgeoned half to death. Perhaps that's why the superman fans were so bummed, his vast immense superiority wasn't conveyed properly.
    Superman fans are pissed because this was originally his solo sequel and got hijacked by guest stars and then had a LOT of his screen time cut, in a partial adaptation of his iconic death story. They could have presented WW AS IS and still done better by Superman because it's his goddamn story. I don't think Diana specifically getting a good showing here is the problem for most, if not all Superman fans. It's getting shoved out of what was supposed to be his own trilogy.

Most Superman fans don't seem to have a problem with Diana's power displays against Doomsday in this film. But if WW fans were expecting her to do more than she did like actually defeat Doomsday, in a movie where she is a background character for most of it...I'm sorry they are living in La La Land.

That mistake was rectified in Justice League. Btw, the smile was ad-libbed and doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene
    She loves the thrill of the challenge and no innocents were around to get harmed. It makes perfect sense.

Superman fans are pissed because this was originally his solo sequel and got hijacked by guest stars and then had a LOT of his screen time cut, in a partial adaptation of his iconic death story. They could have presented WW AS IS and still done better by Superman because it's his goddamn story. I don't think Diana specifically getting a good showing here is the problem for most, if not all Superman fans. It's getting shoved out of what was supposed to be his own trilogy.

Most Superman fans don't seem to have a problem with Diana's power displays against Doomsday in this film.
    I'm not even a Superman fan per se, but when I saw the Ultimate Cut, I was pissed at how much the theater cut was jacked up from edits.

She loves the thrill of the challenge and no innocents were around to get harmed. It makes perfect sense.
    Precisely!!! She was enjoying the fight... and it was a relatively easy fight for her, from what we see. Not. A. Scratch. Only smirks.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I'm not even a Superman fan per se, but when I saw the Ultimate Cut, I was pissed at how much the theater cut was jacked up from edits.

Precisely!!! She was enjoying the fight... and it was a relatively easy fight for her, from what we see. Not. A. Scratch. Only smirks.
    If we had to do this whole thing over and Wonder Woman being a surprise cameo in the first Batman-Superman team up film is still desirable*, I would have liked DOS to be skipped over entirely and just done a couple Superman solos and a Batman solo to introduce stuff and make Lex and Brainiac the villains, with Bizarro or Metallo as their muscle. Wonder Woman would fight the latter alone and decisively beat him herself. Bizarro would be more ideal in this scenario.

*The mystique and excitement surrounding her cameo was awesome and I'd like it to be kept, just executed better. And of course immediately followed by her solo film as it was in reality.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

If we had to do this whole thing over and Wonder Woman being a surprise cameo in the first Batman-Superman team-up film is still desirable*, I would have liked DOS to be skipped over entirely and just done a couple Superman solos and a Batman solo to introduce stuff and make Lex and Brainiac the villains, with Bizarro or Metallo as their muscle. Wonder Woman would fight the latter alone and decisively beat him herself. Bizarro would be more ideal in this scenario.

*The mystique and excitement surrounding her cameo was awesome and I'd like it to be kept, just executed better. And of course, immediately followed by her solo film as it was in reality.
    So you basically want DC to do a couple of Superman and a Batman solo before introducing Wonder Woman in DC? Why? They could make Wonder Woman movie along with Superman and Batman movies. There is no reason for her wait for a cameo in Superman/ Batman movies before her own movie since her world is completely unrelated to Superman or Batman.