Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170
Results 2,536 to 2,540 of 2540
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    First time watching it today. I liked it! Genuinely so as well. As the movie went on, I gradually found myself digging it. Now, it wasn't the best superhero movie ever. And yes, some of those action scenes needed some work. But I was genuinely entertained. How Diana saved the day was very.....Geoff Johns. Can't put my finger on it, but I noticed elements of Johns tropes throughout the film, considering he co-wrote it. Still, the premise, that of the truth saving the world and everyone being saved at the end, I liked that.

Also liked Aesteria's cameo. Can't wait to see more of her in the sequel.
    I watched it in segments on Netflix. It was much better than I anticipated, but nowhere near as strong as the first movie.

Pedro Pascal has really blown up since playing Max Lord. I think he may have been better received in WW84 without the horrible wig he was wearing. His own hair is much better. I thought Lord was an odd choice for the sequel -- and his inclusion detracted.

Steve Trevor's return was interesting. The invisible plan sequence was such an Easter egg for fans, but it was poorly written. I kinda doubt that Steve would be able to helm a plane designed for the 80s when his last flying experience was during WW2. It was also unbelievable that Diana would think they could just fly away without being noticed. The making things invisible was very odd. I guess all of the Greek gods had powers to cloak themselves with invisibility, but don't recall any demi-gods having that ability. And for Diana to be able to turn the entire plan invisible with only trying it once before on a much smaller object --- was kinda ridiculous.

Barbara Minerva didn't much resemble the Perez version -- but did have shades of the Golden Age version. I wasn't sure if she'd go full Cheetah or not, but was glad she did. I noticed that she never renounced her wish -- so not sure if she was still Cheetah or not when the film ended.

I was happy to see Diana finally fly. For the first half of the movie, I felt they were going for more of the CBS Wonder Woman TV show vibe (the one that took place in the 70s -- not the ABC version that took place during WWII). Diana was doing a lot of undercover work without seeing much of her as WW.

Certainly not a failure -- I wonder if a lot of people like me just figured this was going to be bad and skipped it?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

One of the best parts of the film was the lasso. It really shined and showed why WW rarely doesnt need a sword.

Incredible Member

A new WW movie (even if it's a reboot) not being a priority at all for Gunn is depressing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    One of the best parts of the film was the lasso. It really shined and showed why WW rarely doesnt need a sword.

I genuinely love this movie.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

The lasso was the best part of that movie action scenes.