Page 25 of 170 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

How reliable is a source called Super Bro Movies?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    How reliable is a source called Super Bro Movies?
    I've no idea. But their WW84 rumor is backed up by other more reliable sources.

About Super Bro Movies' source/rumor...

hi, do you think the Pedro pascal character news is true? Thanks��

I mean I’ve heard this before and th common theory is Hades, I want Apollo personally, but I really like the Maxwell Lord theory and that he is collecting artifacts to become immortal and uses Diana and Minerva to do so

So the story of the article at the moment is just a rumor?

I mean i know SBM’s source on this and they are usually pretty accurate but getting info on WW84 has been tough so things may have changed

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...11283818311681

I could totally see Pascal sporting a DCAU look for Hades, if there's any legitimacy to the rumor he's going to be a God.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-22-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Pedro pascal could be Hades, but disguised as Maxwell Lord. Since there will be a finite number of movies, there's no reason why these two baddies couldn't be combined. This way, if she kills Max, it's really no worse than killing Ares...
    if Hades could even be killed. I mean, technically, he'd just be sent back to the Underworld.

I find it most intriguing that, according to this rumor, when Diana makes the deal to get Steve back, she doesn't read the 'fine print.'
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I find it most intriguing that, according to this rumor, when Diana makes the deal to get Steve back, she doesn't read the 'fine print.'
    That doesn't seem plausible to me. Diana is no longer the naïve, sheltered girl who grew up in relative ignorance on Themyscira. At this point in time, she's been in man's world for 70 years. Surely she wouldn't make a deal with a known Greek god or really anyone else to resurrect Steve Trevor without considering the likely adverse repercussions.

I could see Barbara making the deal for her friend, Barbara getting into trouble and Diana obviously helping her friend. But, I'm not sure why a consequence of Barbara's deal with Hades would be turning into Cheetah. I could see that as a consequence of Barbara making a deal with someone like Circe to resurrect Steve Trevor. Unless Barbara makes the deal with Hades, realises that there is some kind of negative consequence and then seeks the powers of a goddess to avoid those consequences and therefore inadvertently becomes the Cheetah trying to protect herself from Hades?

Fantastic Member

Maybe it's a misdirection to confuse us...maybe it's the other half god (the Native American one) that saved and resurrected Steve Trevor into the future.

As said in one of the post above, Hades being the villain could've changed in a later version of the script.
    According to the latest rumor, Pedro Pascal plays Maxwell Lord instead.

UPDATE: Pedro Pascal’s ‘WONDER WOMAN 1984’ Character Revealed: https://superbromovies.com/2018/09/26/__trashed-2/

I really hope this is just a rumor

Any idea why the role was changed and/or how Lord can even resurrect people? Hades made more sense imo

He uses and artifact from what I hear, he manipulates Minerva and Diana to help him find these magical items

It’s my understanding Lord uses magic to resurrect Trevor

https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/stat...63205666545665

Kristen Wiig is seen in character as Barbara Minerva aka Cheetah as she fights off male attacker during a scene from Wonder Woman 1984: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...oman-1984.html

BIG news... four things actually... some of us are going to be made VERY happy by one of the extra tidbits in here. (hint: it's about flying... in and out of a certain jet.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaVYYhi3lK8

(I still think he's Demos/ Phobos or another god in disguise.)
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I guess I'd be okay with a powerless Lord. I just hope he's in name only and ends up being Deimos or Phobos to further establish her core rogues gallery. I also hope his role isn't too big as it could take away from Wiig's Cheetah.

Another option is that they are transplanting Maxwell Lord's name onto Doctor Psycho. I mean, Maxwell Lord is only really connected with Diana in a story that pretty much requires the presence of Superman anyway, and preferably Batman at his most paranoid as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they chose to riff off the early Indiana Jones movies here, where Diana and Barbara Ann Minerva work together, and Barbara only becomes the Cheetah by the end of the movie, setting her up as the main villain of the one after.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Having Diana “borrow” an invisible plane from Area 51 is like having Batman steal the Batmobile from LexCorp HQ, in other words, it’s an absolutely rubbish idea. The invisible jet is a marvel of Amazonian technology, that’s all it is. And what’s more, Wonder Woman would have committed a felony smh. As for Maxwell Lord, my guess is that this is Maxwell Lord Sr and THE Maxwell Lord, whom Wonder Woman famously killed, is his son