View Poll Results: Which WW Villain Would You Like To See Diana Reform?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheetah (Barbara)

1 9.09%
  • Giganta

1 9.09%
  • Dr. Psycho

0 0%
  • Silver Swan (Vanessa)

7 63.64%
  • Dr. Poison

0 0%
  • Angle Man

1 9.09%
  • Grail

0 0%
  • Queen Clea

1 9.09%
  • Aegeus

0 0%
  • Blue Snowman

0 0%
  • Dr. Cyber

0 0%
  • Veronica Cale

0 0%
  • Hypnota

0 0%
  • The Mask

0 0%
  • Other (Please Specify

0 0%
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Which WW Villain Would You Like To See Diana Reform?

Wonder Woman wants to reform as many villains as she can. If you could pick 1 villain from her rogues gallery for her to reform, who would it be and why?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Vanessa's probably the only one on here where I would say there would a benefit to reforming for a few reasons.

1. There's already a history of the Swan title holders being sympathetic to a degree like with Valerie or the original Vanessa. So redeeming one is a nice victory for Diana.

2. The Silver Swan mantle can be easily taken up by a previous or entirely new character. Helen is a pre-Crisis character, so I have no high regard for her, but a new incarnation could probably be done good in a new writer's hands

3. The current incarnation of Vanessa is just a bad remake of her post-Crisis arc with none of the actual thought or depth given to the original storyline. And that story only worked because Rucka realized it had limited shelf life.

All the others I don't really see the benefit of reforming (Cheetah, Veronica Cale), think they work fine as goofy comic villains (Blue Snowman), or appear so little it wouldn't really matter if they stay villainous or not (Aegeus, The Mask).
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-23-2024 at 08:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'd say either Silver Swan (Valerie) or Hercules

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Silver Swan. Give poor Vanessa a rest.

I would also like to see the Mask have a few encounters with Diana before being successfully reformed. Her background as an abused wife marks her as someone who shouldn't be a permanent villain, especially in this franchise

Let her kill her husband though

I said Clea. Yes, Vanessa as Swan is a fun character, either as hero or villain. But we've seen a LOT of those stories. We've seen Clea used very little, but what we have seen is that while her ambitions may put her in conflict with heroes like Wonder Woman... she's actually a pretty effective monarch. What's her kingdom like when she's not annoying WW?

Gah I can't decide!
    Vanessa is terrible as a villain but this current iteration is so alien to the characters roots that I find her entirely alien and don't even find this interpretation of the character to be that interesting. With Julia dead and her history with Diana retconned, I don't see a point.

On the other hand Hypnota could be alot of fun. We have Psycho still so reforming Hypnota wouldn't set the rogues gallery back to much. That said im not sure what purpose there would be to it...Though it would be nice to explore the character in a trans angle....

Blue Snowmans my favorite villain, so this could be alot of fun. Though im not sure if they would be as entertaining reformed as they are a villain...

I just cant decide

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Vanessa's probably the only one on here where I would say there would a benefit to reforming for a few reasons.

1. There's already a history of the Swan title holders being sympathetic to a degree like with Valerie or the original Vanessa. So redeeming one is a nice victory for Diana.

2. The Silver Swan mantle can be easily taken up by a previous or entirely new character. Helen is a pre-Crisis character, so I have no high regard for her, but a new incarnation could probably be done good in a new writer's hands

3. The current incarnation of Vanessa is just a bad remake of her post-Crisis arc with none of the actual thought or depth given to the original storyline. And that story only worked because Rucka realized it had limited shelf life.

All the others I don't really see the benefit of reforming (Cheetah, Veronica Cale), think they work fine as goofy comic villains (Blue Snowman), or appear so little it wouldn't really matter if they stay villainous or not (Aegeus, The Mask).
    I voted for Giganta, but I like your reasoning for Vanessa as well.

As for Giganta, I dont necessarily want her to be joining the Justice League, but rather somewhere in between. I liked the relationship they were building to in the one of the previous series, can't remember which or the writer (there's been so many lol.) I also liked the realationship she was developing with Ryan Choi.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

As for Giganta, I dont necessarily want her to be joining the Justice League, but rather somewhere in between. I liked the relationship they were building to in the one of the previous series, can't remember which or the writer (there's been so many lol.) I also liked the realationship she was developing with Ryan Choi.
    Think that was Simone.

Yeah, I liked that too. I think I like Cheetah she's too famous as "the big cavewoman in villain group shots" to ever be pernamentely redeemed so I think she works well as someone who alternates between "frenemy" and "someone who really wants to kill Wonder Woman".

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

Yeah, Doris has a weirdly tragic back story that makes you kinda feel sorry for her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'd say either Silver Swan (Valerie) or Hercules
    Isn't he already reformed -- per Perez era?

I voted Silver Swan (Vanessa) because no one wants her to remain a villain -- and I think everyone else mentioned is needed as a villain. I'm all for a new Silver Swan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Isn't he already reformed -- per Perez era?

I voted Silver Swan (Vanessa) because no one wants her to remain a villain -- and I think everyone else mentioned is needed as a villain. I'm all for a new Silver Swan.
    I think so but he was a villain again right before New52.

I was also thinking DC should've changed up history and had Herc be twin. Herakles the villain, Herc the hero.