Page 155 of 170 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2541
    BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I still want Eva Green to play Circe. I know it's an "obvious" choice, but damn...I re-watched that HORRIBLE 300 sequel (it should have been called "Cool Slo-Mo Fight Scene: The Movie") and no amount of useless CGI blood and CGI sets could overwhelm Green's potent screen presence.
    Merciful Minerva, she would be a GLORIOUS Circe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I still want Eva Green to play Circe. I know it's an "obvious" choice, but damn...I re-watched that HORRIBLE 300 sequel (it should have been called "Cool Slo-Mo Fight Scene: The Movie") and no amount of useless CGI blood and CGI sets could overwhelm Green's potent screen presence.
    Merciful Minerva, she would be a GLORIOUS Circe.
    If it weren't for Maleficent, I would actually love to see Anjelina Jolie as Circe. Something about seeing two action heroines (Jolie and Gadot) on screen together seems absolutely tantalizing. I feel these two could give us the third act battle even the harshest critics of Diana would absolutely die for.

Since that obviously won't happen, I actually wouldn't mind an Asian Circe. Kelly Hu with purple highlights could be absolutely delicious in the role.Kelly Hu Circe.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    If it weren't for Maleficent, I would actually love to see Anjelina Jolie as Circe. Something about seeing two action heroines (Jolie and Gadot) on screen together seems absolutely tantalizing. I feel these two could give us the third act battle even the harshest critics of Diana would absolutely die for.
    I'd love for either Hu or Jolie to play Circe. However, I have secretly hoped for Jolie to play the witch forever...
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 01-16-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Alright, I saw the film after like a month or something. My first impression is I like it a lot and I watched this film vaguely aware of some of the criticisms and I find most of them to be pretty junk as I expected (there are no plotholes in it). Maxwell is a pretty good villain here and I like the manner in which he is defeated (it's very Wonder Woman). Gal is best when she is in the suit and the Steve stuff. There are a lot of, I would say coincidences (Wonder Woman gains a lot of powers throughout this film), but they are hinted at before and the most out of nowhere one, making things invisible, still has an explanation that kind of makes sense.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Some additional points/notes whatever;

>>> Bringing back Steve in the way they did reminds me of the Bronze age, when they kept killing/reviving Steve Trevor (The Wonder Woman is a rapist thing is dumb btw)
    >>> The flight scenes in this movie are the only time I'll accept Wonder Woman flying, just because Gal Gadot played it so perfectly
    >>> I really only like the invisible airplane scene. I would have cut it out. Giving Diana magic like that is kind of weird.
    >>> Maxwell really was great, I probably would have cut Cheetah out of the film just for more of him.

BANNED

Amid the negativity surrounding WW84, people are sleeping on its AMAZING soundtrack. As much as I loved Rupert Gregson-Williams score for the first WW film, I am undeniably obsessed with Hans Zimmer's score for the sequel. He has concocted a John Williams-esque symphony of beautifully soaring melodies that truly capture the essence of superheroism (and of Wonder Woman). Please check it out!!!
    WW84_Sdtk_Cover_05b_no+type_3000px_RGB_300dpi.jpg

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Amid the negativity surrounding WW84, people are sleeping on its AMAZING soundtrack. As much as I loved Rupert Gregson-Williams score for the first WW film, I am undeniably obsessed with Hans Zimmer's score for the sequel. He has concocted a John Williams-esque symphony of beautifully soaring melodies that truly capture the essence of superheroism (and of Wonder Woman). Please check it out!!!
    WW84_Sdtk_Cover_05b_no+type_3000px_RGB_300dpi.jpg
    Yeah, the soundtrack was really awesome. Zimmer went all out on this one.

Extraordinary Member

Comparing their current scores on IMDB, the idea that WW84 rates a 5.4 while the god-awful Suicide Squad gets a 6.0 is completely ridiculous.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Okies.
    I finally watched it. And...
    It wasn't quite what I expected.

While I didn't read/watch any reviews...It's certainly not as bad as a lot of people (my friends included) make it out to be.
    My main issue with it as a whole...I wish the story had chosen one antagonist to focus on...Cheetah or Maxwell, not both. Dividing that focus made me not care much about/for either.
    Same for Steve's presence...the movie could have done without him, eventhough I found the dress-up scene homage to the first film just a tad cute.
    And I found the whole "make a wish and it will come true" premise was a bit weak, somewhat hokey and more than a little cheesy.
    It wasn't what I expected but then...I didn't know quite what to expect. (I didn't watch any of the trailers apart from the very first one.) I just didn't expect "Wonder Woman saves the World from wishful thinking".
    Coming off of the first film, I was hoping for something of greater or equal depth and gravitas in defining further who Wonder Woman is and what she means in our current 2020 world. Something more...meaningful and layered.

Which brings me to my last point...

I love a good period piece but the 80's aesthetic overall didn't move me...and I am an 80's child. (Although Diana's wardrobe was exquisite but made everyone else look dated and flat and too costumey).

Overall, I enjoyed it though not as much as the first. It certainly had more highs than lows, for which I am thankful. (I really dreaded watching it, that's why it took me this long).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Comparing their current scores on IMDB, the idea that WW84 rates a 5.4 while the god-awful Suicide Squad gets a 6.0 is completely ridiculous.
    It's the lowest rated DCEU movie. When and if the third movie gets released onscreen it might bomb after such a poor reception from WW1984.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It's the lowest rated DCEU movie. When and if the third movie gets released onscreen it might bomb after such a poor reception from WW1984.
    Ehh. This movie is at least 5 years away with Cleopatra and Star War Rogue Squadron coming first. An amazing marketing campaign and time can heal all wounds. I have no fear of Wonder Woman flopping. Some amazing action set-pieces and some strong interviews from Patty, Gal, and Linda will easily sell the movie.

BANNED

Nah. If the third film happens to be really really good (good enough that it gets glowing reviews and it creates a buzzy narrative of "they did it! They fixed Wonder Woman!") it could be a big hit. Should I remind you that no DCEU film has been worse received by critics and audiences than Batman V Superman, and then, after it, Suicide Squad also got horrendous reviews...and yet, despite the conventional wisdom that claimed that back to back franchise films that left such a bad taste in audiences would inevitable lead to the next DCEU offering flopping...we actually got what is still to this day, the best received film of the DCEU, Wonder Woman.
    So it could still happen.
    I have faith that the filmmakers are taking notes and learning from this mistake...

If you're a fan of this movie, just don't be shy about it. Movies have been panned upon initial release before and have later been reevalued. You can outlast the haters.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 01-23-2021 at 10:32 PM.

So what, ratings don't mean anything BOP gets a higher rating than Aquaman and the BO is nearly a billion more for the later. Even WW84 despite not having the same ratings as BOP and a pandemic to deal with, is not far from BOP BO.
    To WB what matters is the BO not ratings. You don't get sequels with just ratings but through BO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    If you're a fan of this movie, just don't be shy about it. Movies have been panned upon initial release and later has been reevalued. You can outlast the haters.
    I liked WW84, ok its not my number 1 DCEU movie but its ok. I preferred it to most DCEU movies with exception of WW1, Aquaman and Shazam. I believe that if there was no pandemic it would have done well at BO although not as well as the first movie.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-23-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    If you're a fan of this movie, just don't be shy about it. Movies have been panned upon initial release and later has been reevalued. You can outlast the haters.
    Exactatiously. Who really cares what some Internet "reviewers" say, anyway?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!