Page 18 of 170 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    So... no sword strap, or sword, or shield. Does this mean we will see how Diana obtains the Sword of Athena and her Aegis Shield, since she has them for BvS and JL?
    I don’t think so. I think Patty recognises that they’re unnecessary for Diana’s character. If they’re truly needed, then they’ll magically appear during her climatic battle with a villain who warrants a magical sword and shield. Even then, hopefully the Sam Browne belt doesn’t return. Whoever thought blocking / breaking Diana’s chest symbol with an ugly, brown harness was a good idea? They wouldn’t ever do that to Superman’s S or Batman’s Bat-symbol!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I don’t think so. I think Patty recognises that they’re unnecessary for Diana’s character. If they’re truly needed, then they’ll magically appear during her climatic battle with a villain who warrants a magical sword and shield. Even then, hopefully the Sam Browne belt doesn’t return. Whoever thought blocking / breaking Diana’s chest symbol with an ugly, brown harness was a good idea? They wouldn’t ever do that to Superman’s S or Batman’s Bat-symbol!
    I much prefer the look we've seen so far in 1984. No strap, please. But I wonder if the sword could be part of the plot with Barbara, an archaeologist obsessed with the Amazons. And we have the Smithsonian in this too now.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    I'm about 100% sure JL will be canon
    Which, if your right and I think you are because it coincides with my belief, we are still not going to get a version of Wonder Woman flying under her own power.

So what will people say when Shazam can fly? I mean this in terms of Wonder Woman not being able to on the big screen?

And for that matter, what kind of strength feat can Wondy say she has done versus Aquaman lifting a nuclear sub?

Sounds more and more like a street level fighter type for what they want Wondy to be in this universe.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Which, if your right and I think you are because it coincides with my belief, we are still not going to get a version of Wonder Woman flying under her own power.

So what will people say when Shazam can fly? I mean this in terms of Wonder Woman not being able to on the big screen?

And for that matter, what kind of strength feat can Wondy say she has done versus Aquaman lifting a nuclear sub?

Sounds more and more like a street level fighter type for what they want Wondy to be in this universe.
    I am still shocked at how much they nerfed Diana compared to other DC heroes.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Street fighters don't smile after getting punched by a creature who has beaten Superman to death.

Just sayin'.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    I am still shocked at how much they nerfed Diana compared to other DC heroes.
    Yeah she’s lucky Doomsday didn’t land a single punch on her, even Superman’s headbutt would’ve crushed her skull if not for the tiara

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Yeah she’s lucky Doomsday didn’t land a single punch on her, even Superman’s headbutt would’ve crushed her skull if not for the tiara
    Doomsday hit her repeatedly, as a matter of fact. Did nothing to her.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Doomsday hit her repeatedly, as a matter of fact. Did nothing to her.
    She blocked them all with her trusty shield, except for one blast of heat vision

She blocked them all with her trusty shield, except for one blast of heat vision
    Nope. She lost the shield midfight and got hit after it. She also got hit while she was leaping toward Doomsday. A shield is useless if you can't brace your feet against the ground. Even if she blocked the punch, it would be her one arm against Doomsday's entire body.

You don't want to dissect this fight scene with a guy who actually enjoyed it, has watched it multiple times, and has crushed other people in "Wonder Woman was weak" debates.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She intercepted one of his punches with a swing of her sword, after the shield had been knocked away from her, overpowered it and then chopped the arm off.

Yeah, what a nerfed weakling she is. You cannot attribute all this to the shield and the sword. Place those weapons in Batman's hand, and he still would have been completely SOL. They are not remotely effective against Doomsday without a top tier metahuman wielding them.

Street fighters don't smile after getting punched by a creature who has beaten Superman to death.

Just sayin'.
    Nor do they lift tanks over their heads.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 08-17-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Nope. She lost the shield midfight and got hit after it. She also got hit while she was leaping toward Doomsday. A shield is useless if you can't brace your feet against the ground. Even if she blocked the punch, it would be her one arm against Doomsday's entire body.

You don't want to dissect this fight scene with a guy who actually enjoyed it, has watched it multiple times, and has crushed other people in "Wonder Woman was weak" debates.
    Imagine a Superman or Shazam movie where the character can't fly or Batman movie where he don't have Batmobile, and instead uses Turkish Airlines, an ancient Boat and horses to travel and yet we have a Wonder Woman movie where she can't fly or have an invisible Jet

She was pretty impressive in Doomsday fight but in her own movie she was street level to mid tier. The heaviest thing she lifts is a tank and her fight with Ares felt like a spiderman level than a fight between Gods. Meanwhile in Man of Steel two aliens fight levels an entire city. In Aquaman movie, Aquaman casually lifts a sub and Shazam can fly.

In Justice League she was casually dragged by Superman with one hand and to top it off flies and headbutts her to the ground. Superman and Flash are so fast that WW is a statue. Her head also moves when she get punched in face with a gun by terrorist while if it was Superman he wouldn't have even blinked.

It is unlikely she is going to fly in WW84 since it will break canon.

Why did DC nerfed her so hard compared to other DC heroes. DC declared she was a God, then make a God level character instead of nerfing her in movies.
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 08-17-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She was pretty impressive in Doomsday fight but in her own movie she was street level to mid tier. The heaviest thing she lifts is a tank and her fight with Ares felt like a spiderman level than a fight between Gods. Meanwhile in Man of Steel two aliens fight levels an entire city. In Aquaman movie, Aquaman casually lifts a sub and Shazam can fly.
    The origin movie focused on her gaining her powers and gradually discovering them, Patty Jenkins has said numerous times in many interviews that the power level displayed there is not what it is going to be what she's always at. It's her trilogy and what she says goes, and she has WB by the balls pretty much because she's the only one who gave them the results they needed so far. Hence her pay raise and increased creative control.

It is unlikely she is going to fly in WW84 since it will break canon.
    Lol what canon are they concerned about exactly? JL, the movie they didn't have any faith in and pretty much sent out into the world to die and rush through Snyder's arc so they can move on? The one that practically nobody in the casual audience went to see? They don't have much of a plan for their canon, they make it up as they go along.

There's not a lot of canon they could contradict if she flies in WW84. Her powers were growing at the end of the first film and she's had some decades to hone them, and her power displays in BvS were too quick and vague that people couldn't tell if she could fly or not. That means WW84 would only contradict JL, and I think you are overestimating how much people care about that movie's continuity being honored beyond the broad strokes. If she flies in WW84, nobody in the casual audience is going to stand up and say "BUT WHY DIDN'T SHE FLY IN JL IF IT TAKES PLACE AFTER?!" because it sucked and nobody cares about it.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The origin movie focused on her gaining her powers and gradually discovering them, Patty Jenkins has said numerous times in many interviews that the power level displayed there is not what it is going to be what she's always at. It's her trilogy and what she says goes, and she has WB by the balls pretty much because she's the only one who gave them the results they needed so far. Hence her pay raise and increased creative control.

Lol what canon are they concerned about exactly? JL, the movie they didn't have any faith in and pretty much sent out into the world to die and rush through Snyder's arc so they can move on? The one that practically nobody in the casual audience went to see? They don't have much of a plan for their canon, they make it up as they go along.

There's not a lot of canon they could contradict if she flies in WW84. Her powers were growing at the end of the first film and she's had some decades to hone them, and her power displays in BvS were too quick and vague that people couldn't tell if she could fly or not. That means WW84 would only contradict JL, and I think you are overestimating how much people care about that movie's continuity being honored beyond the broad strokes. If she flies in WW84, nobody in the casual audience is going to stand up and say "BUT WHY DIDN'T SHE FLY IN JL IF IT TAKES PLACE AFTER?!" because it sucked and nobody cares about it.
    So...because Wonder Woman did well, Patty can do anything she damn well pleases? Let me know when she can retcon the entire Justice League movie, or the backwater Amazons that she created.

And who says Justice League isn't canon? Because you didn't like the movie? It still made over $600 million at the box office so there are still alot of folks who saw the movie.

And there was nothing ambiguous about Diana not being able to fly in BvS. That was jumping all the way. The only unambiguous flying/hovering that she did was the bs stuff she was doing at the end of the CGI crapfest of her solo movie. And this comes from someone who liked the movie.

So, unless you are eternally optimistic, she won't fly in WW84. There is nothing to indicate she would and it would indicate her incredible stupidity if she does fly and doesn't in Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I hope so even though I don't trust DC!