Page 35 of 170 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    No, I wish you and the other people here who constantly complain about Wonder Woman based on the Justice League movie to forget that movie. Because all the rest of us does so.

Both Snyder and Whedon are out as directors for coming DC movies. Justice League made less on its opening weekend than every other DCEU movie (except Aquaman, but that opened up in the Christmas slot). It managed no better than moderate followup to that opening weekend, making it the by far lowest earner of all the DCEU movies. It was also horrendously expensive to make due to the huge reshoots, leaving its profitability in question.

(I knowingly disregard the international market here, because it's a lot more volatile depending on which countries a given film gets released in, and the studio gets less of the profits.)

Aquaman did the right take towards JL: minimal nod, and moved on. Just as Wonder Woman did the right take towards BvS: minimal nod, and moved on.
    So do you think Patty will let WW fly in WW84 like in the comics.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

No, I wish you and the other people here who constantly complain about Wonder Woman based on the Justice League movie to forget that movie. Because all the rest of us does so.

Both Snyder and Whedon are out as directors for coming DC movies. Justice League made less on its opening weekend than every other DCEU movie (except Aquaman, but that opened up in the Christmas slot). It managed no better than moderate followup to that opening weekend, making it the by far lowest earner of all the DCEU movies. It was also horrendously expensive to make due to the huge reshoots, leaving its profitability in question.

(I knowingly disregard the international market here, because it's a lot more volatile depending on which countries a given film gets released in, and the studio gets less of the profits.)

Aquaman did the right take towards JL: minimal nod, and moved on. Just as Wonder Woman did the right take towards BvS: minimal nod, and moved on.
    I wish you and other people here who constantly want to forget a movie not to tell others it didn't exist.

Justice League exists, they disrespected Wonder Woman as they have consistently done in the comics, and you want us 'fans' just to accept it?

Sorry, but I want a fully realized Wonder Woman who kicks ass and has the powers that she is supposed to have.

From what we can see in the trailers, have they disrespected Shazam? We know he is superstrong, does the electricity thing and can FLY. What a concept!!

I don't want to have to wait another three movies and 10 years for me to know that she will never fly, not under this incarnation.

I hope Patty will prove me wrong, but as of now it is nothing but lip service when it comes to Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I wish you and other people here who constantly want to forget a movie not to tell others it didn't exist.

Justice League exists, they disrespected Wonder Woman as they have consistently done in the comics, and you want us 'fans' just to accept it?

Sorry, but I want a fully realized Wonder Woman who kicks ass and has the powers that she is supposed to have.
    Look, few really liked Justice League. Aquaman happily skipped everything that was said about Arthur in Justice League, just as Wonder Woman skipped everything said about Diana in BvS. WW84 will in all likelihood follow a similar strategy. Thus there is no reason to kvetch about JL outside of its own movie thread.

BANNED

Look, few really liked Justice League. Aquaman happily skipped everything that was said about Arthur in Justice League, just as Wonder Woman skipped everything said about Diana in BvS. WW84 will in all likelihood follow a similar strategy. Thus there is no reason to kvetch about JL outside of its own movie thread.
    Just so you know, i defend WW84. I have hope that it will be good. It's a fact that she is weaker now. And that most of her showings are shield and sword instead of her actual powers. I want an epic powerful type of adventure with Wonder Woman, because i haven't had that vibe from her title in a long time. I know what i want as a fan. There is nothing wrong with that.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

In actuality, DC and the DCEU is destroying my enjoyment of the character. They have never treated her with consistent respect for more than a few issues at a time and the movies prove that out.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Or are there people here who think this is the definite version of WW that do 100% justice to her character the majority.
    Lol, no CBM is 100% definitive to the source material. It's kind of hard to be when the source material isn't even consistent with itself.
    There is no way they could satisfactorily squeeze in every aspect of the lore in 15 movies, let alone the standard minimum of 3. You're setting yourself up for disappointment if you can't accept that it's an adaptation in a sea of versions.

So the millions of people who went to see Justice League should forget about it? Did you take a poll that shows the general audience doesn't care about the events of a movie that made millions, even if it didn't make as much as they would have liked?

Only people on this board want to forget Justice League (with a few exceptions), and those are the comic book junkies.
    What evidence do you have that the millions of people who saw JL spend much of their day continuing to think about it?
    Like, people spend money on tickets (which is all that number tells us) and can still leave the theater saying "Whelp, that sucked. Let's go get dinner" and then promptly forget about it and move on with their lives.

DC/WB has also been incredibly transparent with wanting to move away from it. Snyder and Whedon are gone. Aquaman just gave the briefest of acknowledgements, and WW just sort of ignored the whole "Diana walks away from humanity thing" and WW84 shows she's still active.

Like kjn said, it made the lowest amount of money of a DCEU film, and had a poor critical rating.

Preach.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    So do you think Patty will let WW fly in WW84 like in the comics.
    Maybe. If she doesn't here and waits until the likely third movie, I wouldn't mind. As long as it makes it to screen eventually.
    It's not like we didn't have a decade of stories between Diana's introduction and her beginning to glide on air currents, and even longer when she got full blown flight. It will take you a lot longer to read all those stories in order than it will be to sit through 1-2 flightless 2 hour movies before she gets it in a later installment.

Nobody is saying it doesn't exist. Just that it's not worth remembering and discussing over and over again. We certainly don't want to discuss it over and over again and hear complaints about it when we're trying to be excited about a new movie by a different creator. Being excited for WW84 doesn't mean we're satisfied with everything else in the DCEU so far.

Nobody is telling you to "just accept it." People are telling you facts: Snyder, Whedon and the creative direction in the build up to JL are all gone. Jenkins had nothing to do with that. The only film she is responsible for is the origin story where Diana is only just discovering her powers, and already contradicted some details in BvS. And that was before JL was released and underwhelmed everybody. So we don't know for sure how things will go down, but there is enough bright spots to not react as if the sky is falling every time a new small tidbit of 84 comes out.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Patty Jenkins on Kristen Wiig as Cheetah:

https://twitter.com/wonderwoman84hq/...45678208606208

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Thanks, dude, was waiting for news about Cheetah

Chris Pine Shares Thoughts on His 'Wonder Woman' Character's Fate in Future Sequels (Exclusive): https://www.etonline.com/chris-pine-...clusive-118116

Barbara Ann is going to be Diana's friend YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

@PattyJenks teases #WonderWoman 3: "I'm not dying to do another period piece ... it's definitely a contemporary story."

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1089253029507883008

Hopefully this means we get a modern story. I hope it's Circe.

It seems they're going with the tragic friendship angle for Cheetah and Wonder Woman. I'm intrigued now.

Chris Pine Shares Thoughts on His 'Wonder Woman' Character's Fate in Future Sequels (Exclusive): https://www.etonline.com/chris-pine-...clusive-118116
    I'm still trying to make sense of what role he'll be playing in WW84, we all saw that plane blow up with Steve Trevor in it. I guess we'll just have to patiently wait for 2020 to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    Just so you know, i defend WW84. I have hope that it will be good. It's a fact that she is weaker now. And that most of her showings are shield and sword instead of her actual powers. I want an epic powerful type of adventure with Wonder Woman, because i haven't had that vibe from her title in a long time. I know what i want as a fan. There is nothing wrong with that.
    Agreed. Just have to wait to see if what Patty Jenkins does with WW84. I am hoping it blows all my expectations which admittedly are few and low. I would love to see the return of Themyscira, the reinstatement of the Olympians who must certainly should be alive (Hera, Zeus, Athena, Hermes, Aphrodite, Ares, Hephaestus, Apollo, etc.), the return of Diana's real origin (clay brought to life), but I guess I may have to hold out until the 3rd WW movie installment for that? 🤔

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

@PattyJenks teases #WonderWoman 3: "I'm not dying to do another period piece ... it's definitely a contemporary story."

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1089253029507883008
    Glad she's confirming what I've long suspected. WW3 being set in modern times always seemed the most logical route.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Barbara Ann is going to be Diana's friend YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Isn't it great?!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hopefully this means we get a modern story. I hope it's Circe.
    Yeah, Circe is the main candidate I want to see. Maybe Veronica Cale as well, but I expect Cheetah will be around in modern times too due to her curse.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Agreed. Just have to wait to see if what Patty Jenkins does with WW84. I am hoping it blows all my expectations which admittedly are few and low. I would love to see the return of Themyscira, the reinstatement of the Olympians who must certainly should be alive (Hera, Zeus, Athena, Hermes, Aphrodite, Ares, Hephaestus, Apollo, etc.), the return of Diana's real origin (clay brought to life), but I guess I may have to hold out until the 3rd WW movie installment for that? ��
    The Gods and return to Themyscira might be likely. But the clay birth is IMO unlikely to appear. Though maybe Jenkins will just ignore Diana's conception altogether and focus on other stuff.

I wonder if Cheetah is going to be in the modern film for 3. What arc would they follow?