Page 80 of 170 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2541
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If correct, this implies that she doesn't fly and all we can look forward to is her riding the lightning bolts, which is probably on par with her stupid ability to glide on air currents before George Perez booted her.

This also fly's opposite the theory that we can discount the movies she has been in, just because we wish it. I really hope this is not the case.
    When the riding the lightning stuff was rumored, people expected it to be stupid. Come the trailer, and it's one of the most well received bits.

Like it or not, the character existed well before George Perez got involved with her.

"According to #Empire, #BatmanvSuperman is still canon in #WW84, and #Diana works at the #SmithsonianMuseum to keep track of any dangerous or mystical items, and lives in the #Watergate complex, where she has a view in any direction of Washington and can monitor the US government.
    BvS can't be canon if Diana is operating in the 80's.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Sure it can. She has somehow been operating under the radar. You know, comic book / movie logic.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Sure it can. She has somehow been operating under the radar. You know, comic book / movie logic.
    Pretty sure one of the earliest rumors about the movie involves Diana fighting the final battle at the WHITE HOUSE. Unless the entire population of Washington DC is killed/rendered unconscious/memory wiped, there's no way she avoid being noticed.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Surely one element of a movie that isn't adhered to doesn't invalidate the whole thing. If that were the case the Marvel movies would be disconnected, because it seems like there's always some inconsistent element in each of those movies. Still, the fact that there will probably never be anymore Henry Cavill or Ben Affleck movies in the DC franchise makes the whole thing moot.

I've just stopped caring about continuity with other movies. As far as I'm concerned this is a standalone sequel to the original film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've just stopped caring about continuity with other movies. As far as I'm concerned this is a standalone sequel to the original film.
    Same. I’m having too much fun to worry about less than stellar movies.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Same. I’m having too much fun to worry about less than stellar movies.
    Yeah, that's one of the negatives of cinematic universes. A movie just can't be a good movie anymore, it has to build to something or fit into the constraints of unrelated films.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Surely one element of a movie that isn't adhered to doesn't invalidate the whole thing. If that were the case the Marvel movies would be disconnected, because it seems like there's always some inconsistent element in each of those movies. Still, the fact that there will probably never be anymore Henry Cavill or Ben Affleck movies in the DC franchise makes the whole thing moot.
    They made a point in BvS and JL that Diana was out of the picture. In BvS, Bruce asks where she's been, and she ultimately says that she walked away from mankind 100 years ago. Gadot and Jenkins were very much against that idea and took it out in WW. They tried to further rub out Snyder's take in JL, where Diana states she helped where she could, but it was still the belief that she only came out of hiding to find her dead boyfriend's picture.

Now, Gadot and Jenkins note that Diana is quietly on the lookout for lost magical items (which could explain how she got her new shield and sword, seen in BvS) and that she's set up shop in the Watergate hotel to keep an eye on the U.S. government. In that case, it would makes sense that she doesn't want to be spotted by cameras. However, that plan goes to hell when she has a full-on brawl in the White House.

Incredible Member

It'll be really interesting to see where they go with Diana in a third movie. Will they fully break from the Snyder narrative and just make her a known public figure?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    It'll be really interesting to see where they go with Diana in a third movie. Will they fully break from the Snyder narrative and just make her a known public figure?
    I hope they call her by name. i dont know why they're scared to do that in superhero movies. You can be batman superman spiderman shazam but not wonderwoman? Its like they're ashamed these characters exist. Dont create superheroes then wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I expect that if WB wants to do a clear break from the Snyderverse movies, then Wonder Woman is the character who ought to get the honour.

But I'm not sure a clean break is needed. Trying to retcon them is more trouble than it's worth. Simpler to just ignore them, or keep around some very vague references (like Aquaman did).

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I hope they call her by name. i dont know why they're scared to do that in superhero movies. You can be batman superman spiderman shazam but not wonderwoman? Its like they're ashamed these characters exist. Dont create superheroes then wtf.
    I think this is due to a deep understanding of Wonder Woman's character from Patty Jenkins and her team. Diana doesn't think of herself as Wonder Woman, because she doesn't have a separate hero identity.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I think the opportunity just didn’t present itself in the first movie, I don’t think Patty Jenkins would shy away from it. It will happen once Diana becomes a public hero and people give her that moniker

Yeah, if she goes public then she'll probably get a codename. It's weird that she's the only member of the Trinity who has never had her codename uttered in her own movie .

I think i saw somewhere that Diana is called Wonder Woman in the 2017 movie—but in French.

Can't check it myself; my French is sadly deficient.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])