Page 153 of 170 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2540

Well this film is officially rotten on RT! Patty really messed up with this film, don’t understand how as the first film was so good!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well this film is officially rotten on RT! Patty really messed up with this film, don’t understand how as the first film was so good!
    Not with Verified audience members or Top Critics.

The folks who marked this down clearly would have Superman and Superman II, I guess.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

What I don't understand is why in the heck they got rid of Allan Heinberg? Most people loved his script for the first film, and it was quite evident that he constructed a linear narrative that, for the most part, made sense within the context of the story he was telling. It was clear, economical, and to the point. Of all the elements from the first movie that they could have replaced in order to improve for the sequel (the iffy FX comes to mind) they had to change the writer?? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    What I don't understand is why in the heck they got rid of Allan Heinberg? Most people loved his script for the first film, and it was quite evident that he constructed a linear narrative that, for the most part, made sense within the context of the story he was telling. It was clear, economical, and to the point. Of all the elements from the first movie that they could have replaced in order to improve for the sequel (the iffy FX comes to mind) they had to change the writer?? It boggles the mind.
    I remember the day they announced he wasn’t returning for the sequel and the sinking feeling of disappointment I felt and worried would lead to a worse film.

I was right.

So sad to hear this

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    So sad to hear this
    I’d be sadder if I hadn’t liked the movie either.

It’s still fresh among tp critics and verified audience, and only less so by 2 marks out of 377 by all critics.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-09-2021 at 03:41 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

yeah i agree with brettc1

Fantastic Member

I agree with brettc1 too.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I’d be sadder if I hadn’t liked the movie either.

It’s still fresh among tp critics and verified audience, and only less so by 2 marks out of 377 by all critics.
    Verified doesn’t count the people who saw it on HBO Max, only the ones who went to theaters, which I find quite interesting! Maybe the theater experience does make a difference?

Either way though, by all accounts the first film was superior! Bring back Allan Heinberg as script writer for the third film!

Let's be honest. Rotten Tomatoes have given good ratings to sucky movies and bad rates to good movies.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Now it's back to Fresh!!! 60 % with 378 reviews.

Extraordinary Member

Verified doesn’t count the people who saw it on HBO Max, only the ones who went to theaters, which I find quite interesting! Maybe the theater experience does make a difference?

Either way though, by all accounts the first film was superior! Bring back Allan Heinberg as script writer for the third film!
    Not by my account, and therefore not all.

We don’t know how many saw it on HBO, but is it not interesting that the difference between verified an unverified scores is about 30%? That’s a VERY big gap.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Now it's back to Fresh!!! 60 % with 378 reviews.
    There you go.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-09-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel that was entirely intentional.
    Well even the plot of giving up your powers to be with the one you love is straight out of Superman II.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Well even the plot of giving up your powers to be with the one you love is straight out of Superman II.
    With a slight twist, yes

“Life is good...

...but kneel before Zod.”

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Only hardcore Wondy and Gal fans went to theatres during a pandemic. They r going to be more lenient on the movie.