Page 17 of 170 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Wel... Not sure how I feel about this one? I can see they could introduce Bana-Mighdall since we possibily won't visit Themyscira this time and the amazons are so appealing. But how will it fit with Pedro Pascal's (whoever he may be) and Cheetah's plot? I hope it doesn't turn out to be a mess. Geoff John is not to be trusted these days.
    We have hit Washington DC and London already, and the Canary Islands is the next shooting location, so I think we are looking at a movie based on action in exotic locations. Think Indiana Jones or perhaps even more James Bond.

Given that Patty Jenkins wrote the treatment (original plot), and she seems to have very good instincts for Wonder Woman's character, I'm not that worried.

I mean couldn't it be that Barbara found the god that makes her Cheetah in Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean couldn't it be that Barbara found the god that makes her Cheetah in Egypt
    Yes, precisely.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Or maybe both, Barbara is from BM and becomes Cheetah after a botch sacrifice to their god or won a contest to become "stronger" and now seeks out Wonder Woman to prove how strong she is.

True. I mean didn’t Barbara go to Egypt in Perez’s book to feel the god? The Banas’s could could to defend or protected the world from it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yes, I think the Egyptian stuff has more to do with that than Bana-Mighdall.

Maybe they will allude to another tribe of Amazons for a third film, but that's it.

I’m kind of curious could this be following a bit of Perez’s run if this is the BM? Then again would this take away with Diana and Cheetah in the film?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-13-2018 at 06:03 PM.

I’m kind of curious could this be following a bit of Perez’s run if this is the BM ? Than again would this take away with Diana and Cheetah etaj if we do have the Banas ?
    Pérez is arguably the most influent Wonder Woman writer after Marston and certainly serves as the biggest inspiration for the film (the origin of the amazons, Ares as the villain of the first movie and Cheetah as the second, and the list goes on), so I don't doubt it.

Incredible Member

Yep. Mafdet seems like a pretty good fit. And a way to remove some of the more troubling aspects associated with Urzkartaga.

I wonder if JL wouldn't be cannon seeing how Steve is back in the 80s. I wonder how should this be done if we get both BM and Cheetah?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-13-2018 at 06:04 PM.

I wonder if JL wouldn't be cannon seeing how Steve is back in the 80s. I wonder how should this be done if we get both BM and Cheetah?
    I'm about 100% sure JL will be canon. They'll have an explanation for Steve... magic, the gods, something. Lynda Carter is reportedly playing an Amazon High Priestess, so maybe she'll be responsible. And he'll die again... and, as others have said, it could help explain her reaction to reviving Superman in JL. Maybe?

I'm about 100% sure JL will be canon. They'll have an explanation for Steve... magic, the gods, something. Lynda Carter is reportedly playing an Amazon High Priestess, so maybe she'll be responsible. And he'll die again... and, as others have said, it could help explain her reaction to reviving Superman in JL. Maybe?

So... no sword strap, or sword, or shield. Does this mean we will see how Diana obtains the Sword of Athena and her Aegis Shield, since she has them for BvS and JL?