Page 65 of 170 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    Agreed. And I think the scene were Diana fights the fully transformed Minerva has the potential to be cool if its executed well. I'm warming up to it the more I mull it over. I think my major issue is that her arc seems wrapped up at the end when she recants her wish, whereas I was hoping she wouldn't. Everything else at least sounds pretty dramatic though, she kicks Diana's ass in at least two scenes and one is when Diana has her powers back. And she's the one who wrecks her armor! I hope it isn't a quick battle...
    end of spoilers

I agree that I liked Poison in her capacity. That's about appropriate for who she is in the grand scheme of the WW mythos. Comparing Cheetah to either her or even Ares in terms of importance to their respective films seems like hyperbole. Barbara's a much bigger factor here if this summary is true.
    spoilers:
    That's my problem with it. It sort of renders Cheetah unavailable for future movies. If she does return, then it'll just cancel out any sort of emotional resonance from this movie (kinda like bringing Steve back in this movie). Plus, without her powers there's no excuse for her to be young in a present-day movie which kinda just gets rid of the character.

I hope Circe gets a better showing in WW3. If they choose a different villain for it (especially another male "lead villain") I will riot.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    spoilers:
    That's my problem with it. It sort of renders Cheetah unavailable for future movies. If she does return, then it'll just cancel out any sort of emotional resonance from this movie (kinda like bringing Steve back in this movie). Plus, without her powers there's no excuse for her to be young in a present-day movie which kinda just gets rid of the character.

I hope Circe gets a better showing in WW3. If they choose a different villain for it (especially another male "lead villain") I will riot.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah. Who knows, there was speculation that different cuts of the movie were screened. They could have had one where Barbara isn't returned to normal, or there is a hint that she hasn't completely learned her lesson and may seek her power again. Or at least I'm hoping. I don't think the Legion of Doom is happening any time soon regardless.

I do hope Circe is the only villain in WW3. Or if she has to be accompanied by someone, let it be Veronica Cale or Giganta. No more male villains
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Agree that Maxwell Lord is unneeded (would much rather see them using Doctor Psycho), but I'm not going to judge the quality of the trailer on that fact. Heck, maybe they'll manage to redeem Maxwell Lord as a real Wonder Woman villain, and finally move us past that bloody necksnap..
    I didn't know Lord was in the movie so when I saw the character my first thought was Sebastian Ballesteros, the 4th Cheetah, and thought maybe there could be a twist on whos Cheetah but then I looked up the casting and found out its Lord anyway I think they might combine Lord and Psycho's character since we won't see too many WW villains.

I also think the necksnap might happen but instead of Lord brainwashes Superman he holds Steve hostage and to save him Diana kills Lord and causes her to stop being a hero until BvS.

Gal addresses the lack of the sword and shield:

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gal addresses the lack of the sword and shield:

"If you have a sword, it means you need to use it."

Very true. That's always been the problem with Diana carrying a sword. It just doesn't say "I come in peace."

She can HAVE a sword, but it shouldn't be part of her day-to-day accoutrements. It should be something she keeps stored away for the (rare) time when it's actually needed.

Definitely a huge step in the right direction for Diana.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    "If you have a sword, it means you need to use it."

Very true. That's always been the problem with Diana carrying a sword. It just doesn't say "I come in peace."

She can HAVE a sword, but it shouldn't be part of her day-to-day accoutrements. It should be something she keeps stored away for the (rare) time when it's actually needed.

Definitely a huge step in the right direction for Diana.
    Yeah, Finally people who have common sense in DC. The sword and Shield shows how little DC understood the ideological behind Diana.

No one is going to be fooled into thinking Diana is a pacifist because she doesn't have a sword. It isn't like this movie is backing away from using the lasso as a weapon either. But I've always found it funny how people are okay with Diana using a weapon that allows her to violate people's free will but a sword, which is commonly used by heroic characters anyway, is too much.

Who'd have thought that Kingdom Come Superman was right about the sword imagery. She should've just gone out to the battlefield with the chicken armor.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Who'd have thought that Kingdom Come Superman was right about the sword imagery. She should've just gone out to the battlefield with the chicken armor.
    I wouldn't take advice from the guy who thought a gulag was a good idea.

Fantastic Member

There were a few good scenes and special effects of the lasso; the problem I have with it is that even though it's not magic, the use is hardly realistic, and she tries to use it like a whip, and it does have that nice "crack" to it like a real whip, not to mention it's glowing gold, so it's a little campy in my opinion at least. As a martial artist, and even though I am all glamorizing fight scenes, I thought this was poorly done, choreography wise. Some of the fight moves were cool, and some were silly looking, like when jumping and her jumps have no significant striking pose, but hopefully, the rest of the movie will compensate. I know this is a minority view, but I see WW as the ultimate DC warrior, and hence, her fighting style, stylized or not, should really be Grade A. Marvel, I'm sorry to say, destroys DC when it comes to fighting scenes, but DC animation destroys Marvel when it comes to that, so it's not like they are not capable of making really cool stuff.

I mean if they even based it on this, and she had telepathic control of her lasso, it will at least make more sense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9_YVQpiTU, then expand it from here.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No one is going to be fooled into thinking Diana is a pacifist because she doesn't have a sword. It isn't like this movie is backing away from using the lasso as a weapon either. But I've always found it funny how people are okay with Diana using a weapon that allows her to violate people's free will but a sword, which is commonly used by heroic characters anyway, is too much.
    I don't know if they are aiming to make Diana look like a pacifist. She's also a powerful weapon herself, so she doesn't need the extra weapons as a rule. Certainly not against any of the people she's shown fighting in the trailer.

Heroic characters have a tradition of using swords, so do the villains they clash against. And horror movies have a long tradition of the villains hacking people to bits with bladed weapons. Unless she's fighting a monster like Doomsday, it's not really appropriate for her to battle any unarmed opponents with a bladed weapon. What else would she use it for besides slashing and stabbing attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    There were a few good scenes and special effects of the lasso; the problem I have with it is that even though it's not magic, the use is hardly realistic, and she tries to use it like a whip, and it does have that nice "crack" to it like a real whip, not to mention it's glowing gold, so it's a little campy in my opinion at least. As a martial artist, and even though I am all glamorizing fight scenes, I thought this was poorly done, choreography wise. Some of the fight moves were cool, and some were silly looking, like when jumping and her jumps have no significant striking pose, but hopefully, the rest of the movie will compensate. I know this is a minority view, but I see WW as the ultimate DC warrior, and hence, her fighting style, stylized or not, should really be Grade A. Marvel, I'm sorry to say, destroys DC when it comes to fighting scenes, but DC animation destroys Marvel when it comes to that, so it's not like they are not capable of making really cool stuff.

I mean if they even based it on this, and she had telepathic control of her lasso, it will at least make more sense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9_YVQpiTU, then expand it from here.
    Did you just say the magic lasso isn't magic?
    There's hardly anything realistic about it. She's lassoed things from lightning to the very planet itself.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    spoilers:
    If What I read is true.

You can finally stop talking about this. :-p lol
    end of spoilers
    If you mean she flys by catching lightning bolts, not the same thing. We have to hope that Diana is high enough and there happens to be a nearby storm going in her direction?

Might look cool, but it is not flying under her own power.

Too bad she didn't use this 'superpower' in BvS or JL. Still, Cyborg and Shazam fly without having to hitch their rides on lightning bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    If you mean she flys by catching lightning bolts, not the same thing. We have to hope that Diana is high enough and there happens to be a nearby storm going in her direction?

Might look cool, but it is not flying under her own power.

Too bad she didn't use this 'superpower' in BvS or JL. Still, Cyborg and Shazam fly without having to hitch their rides on lightning bolts.
    Why would it be that? We know you wouldn't stop talking about it if it was that. I said you CAN Finally stop talking about it.
    Richard Alexander

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Why would it be that? We know you wouldn't stop talking about it if it was that. I said you CAN Finally stop talking about it.
    Again, not sure of your meaning.

But...I will talk about this whether you like me to say it or not.