Page 26 of 170 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I hope that Barbara Ann Minerva's character and her transformation into Cheetah isn't going to be overshadowed by all of the Pedro Pascal / Maxwell Lord (or whomever he is playing) and Steve Trevor story requirements.

I'm not a fan of Diana stealing an invisible jet from the US military. But, if it means that we get the invisible jet, I guess I'll accept whatever origin they need to explain its existence since they didn't utilise Amazons with their own, advanced / unique technological knowledge and abilities.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I got turned off immediately by seeing Grace. I find her pretty annoying. Did she say anything about Diana having flight along with the jet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I guess I'd be okay with a powerless Lord. I just hope he's in name only and ends up being Deimos or Phobos to further establish her core rogues gallery. I also hope his role isn't too big as it could take away from Wiig's Cheetah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I hope that Barbara Ann Minerva's character and her transformation into Cheetah isn't going to be overshadowed by all of the Pedro Pascal / Maxwell Lord (or whomever he is playing) and Steve Trevor story requirements.
    Yes, the lack of any discussion surrounding Wiig is concerning for me. The Steve stuff getting so much focus is kind of expected, but it's surprising everyone is talking about Pascal/Lord but we've gotten very little speculation/tidbits for Cheetah. If she's being set up as a recurring character for this franchise and won't be confined to this one movie, I guess not having her transform until the end won't be TOO bad...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, the lack of any discussion surrounding Wiig is concerning for me. The Steve stuff getting so much focus is kind of expected, but it's surprising everyone is talking about Pascal/Lord but we've gotten very little speculation/tidbits for Cheetah. If she's being set up as a recurring character for this franchise and won't be confined to this one movie, I guess not having her transform until the end won't be TOO bad...
    My only fear with delaying Cheetah's storyline so that she can be the main villain in a future movie is if DC/WB decide to do a complete reboot BEFORE we get a third Wonder Woman film. It sounds like they've dumped the DCEU Batman and Superman. The Flash movie is continually being delayed (after all, Barry is always late). If Aquaman doesn't do well ... maybe they'll just pull the plug completely. Of course they shouldn't, especially when they appear to be onto a winner with Gal Gadot and Patty Jenkins, but stranger things have happened.

On the plus side theres so little attention being payed to Cheetah that nobody has tried picking apart her role in this

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

DC seems to be trying to set up sequels. I hope this doesn't turn up like BvS. Also, Diana getting plane from the military is garbage. God forbid if a woman is intelligent and can make her own Jet. I taught Patty Jenkins being a woman will be different and finally show Diana intelligence but hey this is the same director who showed female civilisation stuck in 300BC

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    DC seems to be trying to set up sequels. I hope this doesn't turn up like BvS. Also, Diana getting plane from the military is garbage. God forbid if a woman is intelligent and can make her own Jet. I taught Patty Jenkins being a woman will be different and finally show Diana intelligence but hey this is the same director who showed female civilisation stuck in 300BC
    How about, God forbid that they give Wonder Woman the power of flight like she currently has? Maybe the DCEU can shut our mouths by actually giving her a power she has had for the past 30 years instead of depowering her. I am afraid the 'boosh' attack is not a good tradeoff for flight!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    How about, God forbid that they give Wonder Woman the power of flight like she currently has? Maybe the DCEU can shut our mouths by actually giving her a power she has had for the past 30 years instead of depowering her. I am afraid the 'boost' attack is not a good tradeoff for flight!
    That too, but invisible Jet is an iconic part of Wonder Woman. She can still fly but use Invisible Jet to carry passengers, for space travel. Also, Steve Trevor and Amazons can use it.
    I just don't understand why DC is afraid to show Wonder Woman and Amazons intelligence and Strength
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 10-19-2018 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Grammar mistake

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wonder Woman '84 pushed back 7 months to June 2020. Gal Gadot tweeted:

"Super excited to announce that, thanks to the changing landscape, we are able to put Wonder Woman back to its rightful home. June 5, 2020. Be there or be square!!!"

https://twitter.com/galgadot/status/1054437205203173381
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-22-2018 at 11:43 AM.

I'm upset. But I guess if this improves the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wonder Woman '84 pushed back 7 months to June 2020. Gal Gadot tweeted:

"Super excited to announce that, thanks to the changing landscape, we are able to put Wonder Woman back to its rightful home. June 5, 2020. Be there or be square!!!"

https://twitter.com/galgadot/status/1054437205203173381
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    I'm upset. But I guess if this improves the product.
    It is good, they will have lot of time to improve CGI and even reshoot scenes. Also in November she was going up against James Bond and Frozen 2.

I wonder if it's because the fact that Captain Marvel is set to release 2019 (a few months before WW84, IIRC).

Incredible Member

I'm disappointed by the delay, especially as it was going to be released near my birthday.

But, it should ultimately result in a better movie as they'll have more time for CGI, reshoots, etc. I presume that this will also delay official promotional images of Cheetah in her final form as well as further details about who Pedro Pascal is playing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    It is good, they will have lot of time to improve CGI and even reshoot scenes. Also in November she was going up against James Bond and Frozen 2.
    I doubt it will do much with reshoots; they were already given some time in the original planning, and the first movie only had a single scene done during the reshoot anyway. It might help with CGI, even while working within a fixed budget. But I believe they had scheduled ample time for CGI work already. Where it really might shine is the editing work and the music.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I wonder if it's because the fact that Captain Marvel is set to release 2019 (a few months before WW84, IIRC).
    I don't think so, as they weren't anywhere close in release dates. I understand it's becuase Flash is delayed, and simultaneously, WB had the exact date available as the original release.. so instead of fighting off Star Wars (the final movie of the Skywalker Saga, and Carrie Fisher's last movie ever,) Frozen 2, and possibly Wicked, they took the oppottunity to have another summer blockbuster situation.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

WONDER WOMAN FLASHPOINT. OH. MY. GODS.

https://youtu.be/iK2xBqk8w4I
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.