Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 756
  1. #541
    Extraordinary Member AmiMizuno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,369

    Default

    This makes me think that Patty had planned for her to fly but Dc or someone else doesn't want her
    Support IMPOSSIBLE JONES

    impossiblekickstarter.com

  2. #542
    Extraordinary Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,918

    Default

    Pedro Pascal "teasing" his role in WW84: https://twitter.com/WonderWoman84HQ/...67666310443008

  3. #543
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    This makes me think that Patty had planned for her to fly but Dc or someone else doesn't want her
    I don't think the tweet indicate that DC/WB won't let her. It could go in any direction.

  4. #544
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The USSR was also doing terrible things. This sin't the first Cold War movie that did this.
    Other movies supporting a far-right version of history doesn't make a supposedly progressive franchise also doing so a good thing.

  5. #545
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    Other movies supporting a far-right version of history doesn't make a supposedly progressive franchise also doing so a good thing.
    Whether or not the WW84 movie deals with or doesn't deal with the Cold War versus other atrocities in the world is (a) pure speculation and (b) not relevant to this discussion.

    Let's leave this for actual discussion of what we actually know about the actual movie, please
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

  6. #546
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Apparently, WW84 won't be an actual sequel but a "stand-alone movie" with ties to the original.

    Yeah, I don't know how that's work.

  7. #547
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Apparently, WW84 won't be an actual sequel but a "stand-alone movie" with ties to the original.

    Yeah, I don't know how that's work.
    I think they mean it will be part of the same continuity, but be a largely self contained story. A different chapter in Diana's life.

    Kind of Like Batman Returns was to Batman 1989. It didn't continue any arcs beyond having Bruce, Alfred, Gordon and Gotham in it. Though I don't see how they can avoid all arcs from the first film when we consider all the weirdness surrounding Steve.

    On the plus side, maybe everything related to Zeus will be left in the first film and we can just avoid talking about Diana' lineage altogether?
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 03-14-2019 at 03:34 PM.

  8. #548
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think they mean it will be part of the same continuity, but be a largely self contained story. A different chapter in Diana's life.

    Kind of Like Batman Returns was to Batman 1989. It didn't continue any arcs beyond having Bruce, Alfred, Gordon and Gotham in it.
    If it's true, I wonder how it'll affect the movie.

    On the one hand, audiences are pretty much used to movies now being just part of a never ending extended universe -especially when it comes to superhero movies- so a stand alone film may feel lacklustre to some, I think.

    On the other hand, having an actual superhero movie which doesn't feel like simply a part of a never ending arc may be so dam refreshing, if it's well thought out, well filmed and well delivered, that it can be a huge boon.

    I just hope that Patty will have avoided the pitfalls of the first movie (the time-travel plotholes, the third arc which killed the momentum and message of the movie just to avoid Diana confronting head on the darkness lurking in Mankind's hearts), because if she does, WW84 may be a shining star, not just a good superhero movie finally trating a female main character correctly and decently.

  9. #549
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Apparently, WW84 won't be an actual sequel but a "stand-alone movie" with ties to the original.

    Yeah, I don't know how that's work.
    It all depends on how you interpret the word "sequel". In marketing terms, it obviously is. But narratively, it seems to be its own thing entirely. The comparison the CBR article does to the Bond films is a good one: same main character, some returning supporting characters, a new story with no relation to the previous one. We will probably see some changes in character for Diana between the two movies, but nothing revolutionary.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  10. #550
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    On the one hand, audiences are pretty much used to movies now being just part of a never ending extended universe -especially when it comes to superhero movies- so a stand alone film may feel lacklustre to some, I think.

    On the other hand, having an actual superhero movie which doesn't feel like simply a part of a never ending arc may be so dam refreshing, if it's well thought out, well filmed and well delivered, that it can be a huge boon.
    Agreed, a great and mostly self contained film would be great vs. a film that is in part an extended trailer for the next one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just hope that Patty will have avoided the pitfalls of the first movie (the time-travel plotholes, the third arc which killed the momentum and message of the movie just to avoid Diana confronting head on the darkness lurking in Mankind's hearts), because if she does, WW84 may be a shining star, not just a good superhero movie finally trating a female main character correctly and decently.
    There wasn't any time travel in the first film. And I think Diana was made aware of the darkness in mankind's hearts, she learned they did it all themselves and Ares wasn't responsible for anything besides making things worse. She was just forced to grow up and had to adjust her ideals/world view accordingly.

    But I agree the third act in the next film needs to be stronger. The origin film can get away with having a weaker antagonist because the main focus needs to be on the hero, and comics Ares didn't give them much to work with. And it was Patty's first blockbuster feature. With the set up out of the way and more experience to work the kinks out, hopefully she can knock it out of the park.

  11. #551
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Apparently, WW84 won't be an actual sequel but a "stand-alone movie" with ties to the original.

    Yeah, I don't know how that's work.
    It makes sense to me. There will be some obvious ongoing storylines, particularly Steve's death in the first World War and possibly something to do with Diana's relationship with Queen Hippolyta and the Amazons (although those scenes could all be flashbacks), but otherwise it's is set MANY years after the first film and predominantly appears to feature a new storyline and new characters (again with the exception of Steve Trevor).

    I imagine that one could say much the same about Captain America and Winter Soldier.

  12. #552
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    380

    Default

    The comments about not being a sequel have been going around for a while. It really doesn't matter if it's called a sequel or not. What matters is for the film to be good.

  13. #553
    Mighty Member richalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Chi
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    https://batman-news.com/2019/03/19/c...er-woman-1984/9AF515A8-EEC8-430B-811D-97E84598B980.jpg


    What do you all think? Good idea or no? It really sounds like something out of Ghostbusters, which came out in 1984...i love Ghostbusters I don't want to see Ghostbusters in Wonder Woman. First a callback to Superman '78 now this.
    Last edited by richalex; 03-19-2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Richard Alexander

  14. #554
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    What do you all think? Good idea or no?
    I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "totally changed", especially since Cheetah has had several backstories; even as Barbara Ann Minerva she has had at least two. It can certainly work: the quality of script and execution matters far more than anything else here.

    What I hope for most is that Barbara and Diana are allowed to be friends, or at least have a meaningful relation in WW84.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  15. #555
    Spectacular Member VonHammersmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    220

    Default

    This new origin is probably connected with the Bana Mighdall, my guess is that Barbara snatches the power of the Shim-Tar which she’s unworthy of and winds up cursed instead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •