Page 152 of 170 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2541
    BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Question: everybody keeps saying that Barbara never renounced her first wish ("I want to be like Diana"), which means that she could very well be alive and as powerful as the Amazing Amazon during the events of the third film. That could be a great way to have Circe transform Minerva into a Cheetah that would still be strong enough to go toe to toe with Wonder Woman. Now, did Minerva ever renounce her being "an apex predator"? I don't remember her letting go of her Cheetah wish. Anyone recalls that?
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 01-06-2021 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Question: everybody keeps saying that Barbara never renounced her first wish ("I want to be like Diana"), which means that she could very well be alive and as powerful as the Amazing Amazon during the events of the third film. That could be a great way to have Circe transform Minerva into a Cheetah that would still be strong enough to go tot to toe with Wonder Woman. Now, did Minerva ever renounce her being "an apex predator"? I don't remember her letting go of her Cheetah wish. Anyone recalls that?
    Her Cheetah form wasn't so much something she directly wished for so much as what the collective wishes turned her into when Lord was transferring the energy into her, which is why she reverted back when everyone was renouncing their wishes.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her Cheetah form wasn't so much something she directly wished for so much as what the collective wishes turned her into when Lord was transferring the energy into her, which is why she reverted back when everyone was renouncing their wishes.
    I see. Thanks for clarifying that!

Astonishing Member

I think her Cheetah form was reversed because of Max renouncing his wish of being the dream stone. Every wish he granted is undone. Her original wish with the stone to be like Diana remains because she didn't want to renounce it to begin with. I suspect her goal now would be to try and get back her Cheetah form, as that to her, was her ultimate form and not a copy of someone's she's grown to hate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I think her Cheetah form was reversed because of Max renouncing his wish of being the dream stone. Every wish he granted is undone. Her original wish with the stone to be like Diana remains because she didn't want to renounce it to begin with. I suspect her goal now would be to try and get back her Cheetah form, as that to her, was her ultimate form and not a copy of someone's she's grown to hate.
    In the sequel she might stay like Diana and get her Cheetah from back permanently from Circe, like in the comics. I get a big Perez vibe from Jenkins' Wonder Woman, especially in '84.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

WW 84 reminds me most of Superman 2. She chose her true love, lost her powers, the world goes to chaos, and Wonder Woman learns a lesson about sacrifice and wishes fulfilled. The pacing of the movie reminded me of the Dick Lester movie and Geoff Johns is a Donner fan.

One thing I did not like in the movie was that scene in which Spartans attack Asteria.
    Apart from recalling the 300 and that Spartans did not fight bare chested as in 300, they had a high code of ethics in battle, they would never attack a woman.
    Besides unlike most ancient cultures, Women in Sparta enjoyed more freedom than in any other place. Spartan women practically ran their city state, besides being themselves trained to fight.
    Another historical inaccuracy in the movie is that Diana mentions the last Roman Emperor, Romulus Augustus was killed, False, he was deposed but not killed, actually he lived for some 30years more.

Mighty Member

I liked how Diana's strength was sapped into Barbara from the wish she made with the stone.

So Maxwell was to be in JL. This makes me wonder if Cheetah also was going to be in JL or at least reference

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

South Korean Audiences seem to really like this film.

In Korea, Wonder Woman 1984 grossed 41k on its 3rd FRI, still #1 & 32% market share, 4M local cume at Box Office. 486k people saw WW84 in South Korea so far. Between this week debuts, Poland’s Mr Jones in #3 grossed 7k. Black Bird in #4 grossed 6k, Germany’s Girl in #8 with 4k.
    https://twitter.com/Luiz_Fernando_J/...63517948387328
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    WW 84 reminds me most of Superman 2. She chose her true love, lost her powers, the world goes to chaos, and Wonder Woman learns a lesson about sacrifice and wishes fulfilled. The pacing of the movie reminded me of the Dick Lester movie and Geoff Johns is a Donner fan.
    Exactly this.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    One thing I did not like in the movie was that scene in which Spartans attack Asteria.
    Apart from recalling the 300 and that Spartans did not fight bare chested as in 300, they had a high code of ethics in battle, they would never attack a woman.
    Besides unlike most ancient cultures, Women in Sparta enjoyed more freedom than in any other place. Spartan women practically ran their city state, besides being themselves trained to fight.
    Another historical inaccuracy in the movie is that Diana mentions the last Roman Emperor, Romulus Augustus was killed, False, he was deposed but not killed, actually he lived for some 30years more.
    It’s not clear they are Spartans, though I can why people might think so with those red cloaks.

You’re talking about the battle ethics of people who would occasionally declare war on their Helot slaves so they could cull their numbers without violating Spartan law.

As for Romulus, I’d say either he was wearing it when he died after being deposed (which would be pretty awful for a Roman Emperor) or the historical record is wrong within the context of the movie.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-08-2021 at 05:28 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'm going to just say it; there's something wrong with Zach Snyder. I mean mentally. Who does that? Damn, I'm glad that didn't make it into the final BvS cut, I'm with Jenkins on this, I really, really don't want to see serial killer Wonder Woman who keeps the heads of her victims in order to pose for the cameras with them.

Yeah, maybe it was always meant to be a placeholder, but damn, they could have just put a picture of kittens or something, knowing it was going to be replaced.

https://www.cbr.com/bvs-wonder-woman...d-heads-photo/

On the whole, I'd say that cements my happiness that he's not going to be involved with the DCEU going forward.
    Harsh.

Snyder had/has a different view of the character. Not really a surprise considering her publication history over the last 15 years.

I don’t like the photo and I don’t favour his interpretation, but people’s views on how a fictional character should be adapted to the screen isn’t an indication on mental imbalance.

Astonishing Member

Snyder's views are too dark. He doesn't get super-heroes, IMHO. His views worked fine with Watchmen -- where the source material was very dark, but most comic book heroes don't fit his perspectives. His fans seem to love that darker take, but I don't think the majority of viewers share that love.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The stone’s Power, and subsequently Max’s, increases as the story progresses.

My question is, when Max renounced his wish, did the stone reform?