Page 112 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2541

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Are Chinese theatres operating at full capacity?

Because if you limit theatres to quarter capacity to facilitate distancing, then a movie won't draw in top dollars, no matter what.
    have no idea if they are at full capacity, but doesn't seem the case, they surely seem to have minimal covid cases and just in certain locations. Seems that a local movie is gaining the upper hand, therefore I exclude limited capacity theatre. On the other hand WW is described as limping on.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    well Wonder Woman 1st movie wasn't honestly that impressive overseas. But I am not referring to any chinese snyder stans. But to those who gloat on social media when a DC movie doesn't perform as expected.
    The first WW movie did really wel overseas. Nobody expected it to become a hit, since all previous comic movies with female lead flopped. And then boom. WW became a hit worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    It has nothing to do with Snyder. Snyder movies did not DO well in China either. The problem is making a romance movie with very little action.
    No movie is going to do blockbuster numbers this year or we'd have tons of blockbuster out already. China is pushing their domestic product over exports, and I don't think Wonder Woman 2017 was as big a hit there as even Aquaman.
    Note, WW 2017 didn't have that much action either but people still loved it and the response to WW84 has been very positive.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    The first WW movie did really wel overseas. Nobody expected it to become a hit, since all previous comic movies with female lead flopped. And then boom. WW became a hit worldwide.
    from all DCEU movies overseas it ranks 5th in BO just slightly behind Suicide Squad if not wrong. So I wont say a was boom. It did extremely well in domestic box offices. But overseas not even close to captain marvel's.

from all DCEU movies overseas it ranks 5th in BO just slightly behind Suicide Squad if not wrong. So I wont say a was boom. It did extremely well in domestic box offices. But overseas not even close to captain marvel's.
    And? 410M overseas is not bad at all. The movie was successful overseas. And cm just like most marvel movies did better than any DC movie not named aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And? 410M overseas is not bad at all. The movie was successful overseas. And cm just like most marvel movies did better than any DC movie not named aquaman.
    suicide squad did better overseas and there NO is comparison in popularity with Wonder Woman, HQ might be popular domestically but through experience having worked in several countries, she doesn't even come close to Diana. I won't say she is hated but they are mostly indifferent towards her. You can see that through overseas BO for BOP.
    So yes I expected a much better BO than SS.
    However thats not the point I made before, I root for WW84 to be the best ever overseas and at home. As I will root for the next DC movie to be even better and so on.
    My point was how I hate DC fans that gloat that the movie might not be doing well, just because it doesn't have a snyder stamp on it. We must put aside this pitting movies against each other. They all belong to the same family, the DCEU.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Snyder and Jenkins even seem to get along and respect each other's visions, so she's like the one director they especially shouldn't be rooting for to fail

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Snyder and Jenkins even seem to get along and respect each other's visions, so she's like the one director they especially shouldn't be rooting for to fail
    Say it louder, I can't but agree.
    However it all seems to come to the fact that since his movies did not fare that well, his stans, TBH not all, but a good part of them, are always rooting for other DCEU movies to fail. Saw this already happening with, Aquaman, Shazam and BOP. The first they laughed at him in the beginning but went silent afterwards. The last two they gloated and tried to depict Shazam as a total failure, when it wasn't. BOP it was a flop.

Say it louder, I can't but agree.
    However it all seems to come to the fact that since his movies did not fare that well, his stans, TBH not all, but a good part of them, are always rooting for other DCEU movies to fail. Saw this already happening with, Aquaman, Shazam and BOP. The first they laughed at him in the beginning but went silent afterwards. The last two they gloated and tried to depict Shazam as a total failure, when it wasn't. BOP it was a flop.
    BoP was not a flop...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    BoP was not a flop...
    it didnt break even, so it was unfortunately

it didnt break even, so it was unfortunately
    Cost: 82-100 million
    BO: 201 million

That's at a minimum breaking even

Cost: 82-100 million
    BO: 201 million

That's at a minimum breaking even
    you are forget marketing not included in production budget.
    besides WB doesn't get all the amount from BO, especially from overseas its share is quite less from the domestic one.

you are forget marketing not included in production budget.
    besides WB doesn't get all the amount from BO, especially from overseas its share is quite less from the domestic one.
    I did the same double the budget math that people would do for any film. As soon as you start saying a film needs to make 3x its budget to succeed you're gonna find a lot of flops everywhere.

It's totally fine to say the film under performed, but every film did this year. I'm sure WB was happy to get it out when they did.

I did the same double the budget math that people would do for any film. As soon as you start saying a film needs to make 3x its budget to succeed you're gonna find a lot of flops everywhere.

It's totally fine to say the film under performed, but every film did this year. I'm sure WB was happy to get it out when they did.
    That movie had problems from the beginning, from being R rated etc. it did not deliver as they expected, they had too much high hopes on HQ being that popular to carry the movie and it misfired. To an extent that WB changed the name of the movie, but again it didn't help. It needed to make 250million to break even, according to Variety. So unfortunately it did not.

suicide squad did better overseas and there NO is comparison in popularity with Wonder Woman, HQ might be popular domestically but through experience having worked in several countries, she doesn't even come close to Diana. I won't say she is hated but they are mostly indifferent towards her. You can see that through overseas BO for BOP.
    So yes I expected a much better BO than SS.
    However thats not the point I made before, I root for WW84 to be the best ever overseas and at home. As I will root for the next DC movie to be even better and so on.
    My point was how I hate DC fans that gloat that the movie might not be doing well, just because it doesn't have a snyder stamp on it. We must put aside this pitting movies against each other. They all belong to the same family, the DCEU.
    And? WW 2017 was expected to flop because there was no hit comic movie with female leads at that point. It surpassed the expectations. 410M for overseas is not bad. The film was successful worldwide, just because other movies did better is not going to change thge fact that WW 2017 was a global hit.