Page 8 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Lassoing the wind is Silver Age silliness, which is fun in that respect and context, but not really something that work in the world Jenkins has created.

The Fake Steve makes sense given Doctor Psycho's manipulations. If he's around, Barbara Minerva is in for a world of suffering via the exploitation of any of her weaknesses.

If she lassos a radio tower, I hope it's to fling it into a surprise cameo by Giganta.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    If it is indeed Doctor Psycho, do you think we'll be seeing Pedro Pascal in the role? Or do you think they would cast a little person? I think it's a sensitive decision... the only other little person we've seen in a superhero movie is Trask from X-Men. It's not setting a good standard if the only two little people are villains (especially one as deranged as Psycho).
    He might also be the Duke of Deception.

I think whatever magical things are going on, he's definitely the one behind it. I feel like if it was Circe, we would have gotten a casting for her by now.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    He might also be the Duke of Deception.

I think whatever magical things are going on, he's definitely the one behind it. I feel like if it was Circe, we would have gotten a casting for her by now.
    She definitely needs to be saved for the third installment.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Lassoing the wind is Silver Age silliness, which is fun in that respect and context, but not really something that work in the world Jenkins has created.

The Fake Steve makes sense given Doctor Psycho's manipulations. If he's around, Barbara Minerva is in for a world of suffering via the exploitation of any of her weaknesses.

If she lassos a radio tower, I hope it's to fling it into a surprise cameo by Giganta.
    They may have said "harness the power of the wind" but who knows. The visual would be the same regardless of how or why she does it.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    They may have said "harness the power of the wind" but who knows. The visual would be the same regardless of how or why she does it.
    If the whole world around her is an illusion, then it perfectly opens the door for silliness like lassoing the wind and an invisible jet. Much like when we are dreaming reality an silliness intermingle.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    If the whole world around her is an illusion, then it perfectly opens the door for silliness like lassoing the wind and an invisible jet. Much like when we are dreaming reality an silliness intermingle.
    The issue with making the whole world an illusion is that it breaks the narrative. It can be done in small doses, but it makes for very demanding reading (much like time travel stories do). In my experience it almost always sounds like a better idea than it will become in execution.

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    I don't think this is the case at all. And I know the footage we saw led to some confusion, but there is no indication of an invisible jet, and I'm about 100% certain there never will be. What we saw in the footage, is Gal being pulled along the same route as the stunt runner from the other footage. It's so they can film her face, and get close ups while she says her lines. If you watch them together, you can see the background action is the same.

'Lassoing the wind' may simply be poor word choice, but even if it's a quote, how it sounds and how it looks would be entirely different. Imagine someone saying "Thor flies by spinning his hammer like a helicopter." It's an accurate description, but it doesn't convey how cool it looks.

A pretty renowned prosthetics artist, David Malinowski, joined the crew for WW 1984. Could this mean they're going traditional makeup with Cheetah?

I really hope so.

A pretty renowned prosthetics artist, David Malinowski, joined the crew for WW 1984. Could this mean they're going traditional makeup with Cheetah?

I really hope so.
    A combo maybe? Prosthetic for close up and lines, cgi for action?

I wonder which look we'll get. I was always partial to Perez's Barbara Minerva look. It was sexy. On set now they have Wiig in a blonde 80's wig. And Mom Jeans.

D6F01F27-1EEF-443C-827C-CEBD9CAD0E5A.jpg

906A40C6-A7FB-4C5A-9161-DE5D3C27C08A.jpg
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 06-21-2018 at 09:00 AM.

I wonder which look we'll get. I was always partial to Perez's Barbara Minerva look. It was sexy. On set now they have Wiig in a blonde 80's wig. And Mom Jeans.

Back then, those were just called jeans. lol

The old Amazon trick of gliding on air currents does have precedence!

I really hope so.
    That's good news. Prosthetics plus green screen is always the way to go, for the most part.

Wow, didn't expect that kind of look. Thought it was going to be more classy? Idk. Still open minded.

Can I also say that some Hollywoodland second hand store made a killing renting out authentic 1980s fanny packs for this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Wow, didn't expect that kind of look. Thought it was going to be more classy? Idk. Still open minded.
    It's a first look for a scene, so I'm not too upset about it.

While cheetah print definitely is 80s appropriate pattern in terms of clothing options, I hope that Barbara isn't adorned in too much of it as some sort of foreshadowing.